[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Caribbean Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

Where are the best places to go in this region?
>>
>>1188160
I have had a good time in BVI.
>>
>>1188160
I only got to experience about half of the Caribbean cruise I paid for, but my favorite stop was Grand Turk. Most carefree place I've been to. Soft, warm beaches, crystal clear water. Abundant fish that swim right up to you, and lots to see and do. St. Thomas was nice, too, but I didn't really have the opportunity to do all that much. It was nice, and the people were the friendliest I've met, but you don't want to drive yourself. Between the steep, narrow hill streets and the literal backwards traffic, it isn't worth the risk. Plus, taxis charge sub-Uber rates.
>>
I'm from the Caribbean, are you looking for cheap? quick? clubbing? sightseeing or just beaches?
>>
>>1188680
Are there places in the Caribbean with waterfalls, cliff jumping, or jungles? Something not so stereo-typically "beachy?"
>>
What's Trinidad like?
>>
>>1189894
Dominica is raw nature, jungle, fruit growing wild on trees that you can just pluck and eat. Waterfalls too, not sure about cliff jumps.
>>
>>1189894
Costa Rica, and Panama. Also, even those beachy places like Roatan.

Here is a pro tip. Go to Carnival or another cruise webiste and look at the excursions they have for each port of call, it will give you an idea of what type of activities are available for each location.

https://www.carnival.com/shore-excursions?CID=Psearch_A_G_&SE=Google&KW=Shore_Excursions&CM=Sitelink&AG=Deals&gclid=Cj0KEQiA7K7CBRCrwt26v5uHs98BEiQA0JzsZy-5IxM2KXLcq918wDTmiBO6W1lP4CsfTQTz-IcWOF0aAmjP8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
>>
What are some places in the Caribbean that have a good historic downtown to explore?
>>
St Lucia
>>
>>1191606
"Old San Juan," Puerto Rico. Not all that big but it's a fun afternoon.
>>
>>1188160
The Mayan Riviera is easily the best spot in the Caribbean. Nothing comes close.
>>
>>1191606
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Willemstad, Curacao
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Bridgetown, Barbados
Havana and several towns in Cuba
>>
>>1188160

Whatever you do, do NOT go to St. Kitts & Nevis! That is the worst fucking shithole island I have ever traveled to in my entire life. Crime, rip-offs and scam artists galore.

The Virgin Islands are cool. Lots of jewelry shops and drinking.

Jamaica is cool, but dangerous. Stay on the resort.

Bahamas aren't too bad. Lots of hair braiding and coconut art.

Puerto Rico is a crime ridden shithole.

St. Martin is really cool if you stay on the Dutch side of the island. Lots of activities and fun things to do on that side. The French side of the island is boring. Island is really developed.

Aruba is really nice because it's actually fully developed and feels like a real country instead of poor people pretending. Lots of shops, fine dining, activities and fun things to do day and night.

Sincerely,

Anon who's traveled to all these places.
>>
>>1191842

I live in Puerto Rico and although crime is somewhat high it is in non touristic areas. Most places here are real good others are just shithole-esque
>>
>>1188160
I've sailed around the Abacos, and it's pretty nice.
The people are really nice, but it's a somewhat poor country, the towns look a little run-down, but the island themselves are very beautiful. Also, if you happen to be a sailor or something of that sort, Great Guana Cay is a great place, especially Nippers, go there on the fourth of july. God that fucking reminds me of some terrible memories. Anyhow, don't expect to slay any poon since the single women are all underage/teenagers and are generally stuck up as hell (Blame the yachters) and the women that aren't jailbait are usually taken.
>pic related, view from nippers
>>
>>1189894
venezuela. sadly it's a shithole
>>
I've only been to Cuba and Dominican Republic. Really enjoyed Cuba more
>>
>>1188168
This i can say grand turk has been my favorite snorkeling location
>>
>>1191708
>>1191772
>>1193492
>>1193492
I'm heading to Puerto Rico in February any recommendations of things to see/do. I'll be going with a friend and probably rent a car other then that we really don't have any travel plans or hotels we're definitely gonna stay at (we'll probably air b&b)
>>
>>1189910
They have oil so they don't need tourism.
>>
File: jeep-safari12.jpg (134KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
jeep-safari12.jpg
134KB, 500x375px
>>1188160
What are you looking for?
>>
>>1194552
This filename sends me into a confusion spiral.
>>
>>1194559
It's in the Damajagua's 27 waterfalls.
>>
Personally, I would go to Cuba since it just opened for Americans and it's probably very authentic and interesting as it hasn't been ruined by America's globalism.

I've heard Jamaica was very disappointing. People scamming you left and right and tourist traps everywhere.

I know a whole group of people who went to Haiti and they all got cholera and had to be quarantined for a couple weeks.
>>
>>1190549
Costa Rica is so overrated. I spent a month there last year and it was overpriced and nowhere near as good as western white girls like to pretend it is.
>>
I enjoyed Jamaica when I went, but I did not go off the resort often.
>>
Fuck this board has made me even more indecisive. I thought Costa Rica would be a good balance between not being overly touristy and not being overly stabby. I think I should just do a week or so in San Juan and be done with it.
>>
>>1194972
Go to the stabby places
>>
>>1191842
>Whatever you do, do NOT go to St. Kitts & Nevis!
>Just bought a cheap ticket (£315) both ways
>Was planning on chilling on the beach for 12 days
Fug.
>>
>>1188160
There are several kinds of Caribbeans/islands. There are arid (desert climate) islands without lush tropical rain forest vegetation, mountains or much scenic wonder beyond a blowhole and some volcanic rocks, but FANTASTIC diving, swimming pool clear beaches, high prices but very low crime, such as Grand Cayman.
Whoever the fool who said Costa Rica for a month was overrated just isn't a good traveler who does things. Anyone who spent 3 days cloud walking, river rafting and hiking, culminating in a beach house where they showered outside would have a good time, someone who stayed in San Jose would prefer to be in Miami. The friendliness to the rich american expat is what makes it so safe, and the food is great, even better than mexico most expats would say.
OP, a lot of officers who retire from the cruise industry really rank BVI highly as their future home. There would be other choices if it weren't so stabby as you say, elsewhere. There are desires a traveler has where you might like to get away from it feeling like a cruise port/disney world/shopping mall, and wish for a different language, different or historical architecture, different food, a touch of something different you know? This is where the dutch antilles come in. If you know you can be safe, a lot of people enjoy St. John USVI, but St. Thomas never recovered from Hugo.
The time to go to Cuba is another 1-2 years (for an american) unless you are a very happy experienced traveler in poor conditions with shit food or you are visiting family who take care of you.
>>
>>1195297
this guy gets it
>>
>>1195336
Ull be fine just stay on the beach
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.