[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I got myself a van for travel and plan to do some redecorating.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: ford xlt transit 2012.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ford xlt transit 2012.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
Hey guys, I got myself a van for travel and plan to do some redecorating. How am I to go about re-leveling the back of the van and carpeting it, as well as insulation?
>>
Google "one awesome inch"
He is doing a transit right now and vlogging about it on the Youtubes.
He kinda sucks as a builder but talks about layout in one video. Might help.
Those things are too small for me.
>>
>>1188162
thanks man
>>
I can't help (maybe /r/vandwellers?) but I *would* like to know about your van. Whyd you get it? How much? What you gonna do with it?
>>
File: ford 2.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ford 2.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>1188406
>Why?

So I can travel around and focus on improving myself, as well as seeing what life has to offer.

>How much?

This was $9,500 used with 80k miles. Excellent mileage.

>What you gonna do with it?

I'm going to build layers to maximize usefulness

Top: Storage

Middle: Bed

Bottom: Utilities, fan, fridge, possibly mini port a potty but don't want to shit where I sleep.

I'll be installing solar panels (surprisingly really cheap only $300) for the fridge and my fan.
>>
>>1188703
Use the porta potty only for emergencies but you need to have something even if its only a bucket with bags and a seat.
that bed is only 6 ft long so you need to be a manlet. Solar panels are going to make you pretty conspicuous for stealth but are worth it.
Make sure your batteries match size wise.
Sounds like you are on the right track.
>>
We have a DIY board which could help a lot more.

>>>/diy/

Godspeed, Anon.
>>
>>1188155
I could take a picture of mine if you want, but it's quite larger and I can stand upright.

For a toilet, I don't use portopotti, I just run a tube to the outside bottom of my vanand piss through it. Works fine.
Shit at school and shower at the gym.
Now It's a bit cold so I'm at my parents but already lived in my van for 3 months.
>>
File: inspo.jpg (359KB, 741x602px) Image search: [Google]
inspo.jpg
359KB, 741x602px
>>1190552
Some more

Don't bother with a convertable bed/table unless you decide to bring someone. You can perfectly eat in bed, just don't spoil on your sheets.

Wood is very easy material for decorating and looks great if you varnish it.

Don't bother isolating the walls, will hardly do anything. Cold will get in anyway and if you completely enclose it moisture will build up.

Moisture in my van is a real problem, but I also cook inside. Just keep in mind our bodies extract lots of water from sweating and breathing. The wood in your van might expand so don't make your cabinet doors to tight or they get stuck.

Also don't put any electrical devices on your car battery unless it's brand new or you have a spare one. If you car doesnt have enough power to start you're fucked.

Lot's of DON'TS but really you should be fine :) go for it!
>>
>>1190557
>>1190557
Sweet build anon, looks cozy.
Doesnt all that wood weigh down the van though?
I am trying to go light to preserve gas mileage.
I notice if I haul 500 to 700 pounds my mileage starts to suck.
>>
>>1190774
Lose weight fatty
>>
>>1190774
Oh those images are not my build :P Just inspiration. I'll take pictures of mine later this day.

The wood should mostly be plywood. Very light, easy to bend to the curvature of the van for carpeting.
Mileage is a problem. My van runs 1 on 10 which sucks, but isn't so bad. It's 10,- fuel for every 100 KM basically. Still a very cheap vacation if you ask me.
>>
>>1190896
Living out of the back of something will always be a cheaper vacation.

People always ask me why I drive places instead of taking flights when ultimately the gas ends up being more than a flight.

Not sure how it isn't obvious, I save money on lodging.
>>
What model van is it? I want to find one with good mileage
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.