[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NZ South island

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: southisland.gif (61KB, 664x997px) Image search: [Google]
southisland.gif
61KB, 664x997px
Heading to New Zealand next winter for a few days in the snow then road tripping around the south island, 2 weeks total. Flying in to Christchurch.

Where would you recommend for skiing/boarding? I'm around low intermediate level and I'll be with mostly beginners (but will be fucking them off after the first day for more of a challenge)

And any other recommendations of must see things would be appreciated!
>>
Christchurch Local here!

Are you basing yourself in Christchurch while you are boarding? I would recommend Mt Hutt Skifield as it is within driving distance of the city (a couple of hours each way)
Make sure you visit lake tekapo in winter, it is a dark sky reserve so the stars are fantastic.Check out the west coast of the island, lots of native bush and awesome views, see the glaciers in franz josef, and the Nelson/Malborough region is beautiful as well. let me know if you have any more questions!
>>
I would recommend either heading down through the high country in the centre of the island to Queenstown and back up the west coast, or vice versa. The Canterbury plains and the coastal road south to Dunedin are fairly boring, just a lot of farmland and small towns.
>>
>>1187920
If you go to Queenstown make sure you get a Fergburger.
>>
>>1188202
Totally forgot about this thread ha

Flying in to Christchurch then will head down to Queenstown and back up to fly out again, so we're flexible with where we hit the snow.

Down the centre and back up the west sounds like the best option, if anyone has any things that should be checked out - feel free to post!
>>
Hey cool, I'm going there in January to bike tour with a friend. We're going around the whole south island. We have one and a half month so might have time to be on the northern island too though.
also looking for recs on what to see/do
>>
File: IMG_20161024_143511.jpg (93KB, 673x611px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161024_143511.jpg
93KB, 673x611px
Your new forced meme is shit, just like all your others.
>>
If you want to experience something urban in south island, head to Dunedin, really great town, with good nightlife, nice cafes and bars, a lot of pretty, young student girls willing to lay it out for European adventurers.
CHCH is a fucking mess, of course that's nobody's fault, but it's just horrible.
>>
>>1189483
Two earthquakes,man. New Orleans and NYC are still getting over Katrina and Sandy.
>>
Southland NZ local here. I don't know shit about skiing but definitely take a 2 hour boat ride in Milford sound. its touristy as shit but worth it, I do it once a year. also a day long Doubtful Sound trip is money well spent too. Also go to Aoraki/Mt Cook. If you go to the West Coast and have some money to burn take a helicopter flight, not in Fox or Franz though, head to Whataroa and do some glacier landings in zones that aren't swamped 24/7 with tourists.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.