[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zurich in winter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: zurich-in-winter-16768.jpg (229KB, 800x532px) Image search: [Google]
zurich-in-winter-16768.jpg
229KB, 800x532px
Hello anons,

I've googled around for a bit but honestly the results are filled with rather normie ideas for activities (going to the spa?!).
I'm wondering if it's worth going to Zurich at the end on January, for 4-5 days. At least one of them will be taken up with this event I'd go to (lots of walking through the city).
But for the other 3-4 days, would there be much to do/see?

I love walking a lot in new cities and just seeing stuff. I can also appreciate a couple of museums (hopefully open in the weekend), but I'm unlikely to go to stuff like the theater or the movies while traveling.
I'll be going by myself

Thoughts/suggestions?
Also: is there usually snow at the end of January over there? I love me some snow and that kind of dry cold with little wind, and where I live now there's barely ever any snow
>>
>>1187601
>But for the other 3-4 days, would there be much to do/see?

Plenty of museums, the one I would recommend are:
>Kunsthaus (art gallery)
>Swisss National Museum (swiss history and shit)
>Natural historical and Medical historical museum (free, located at the University)
Plenty of smaller art museums depending on your taste...

If you don't mind to take the train about 30min away is
>Technorama Winterthur
Science and how stuff works broken down to a ELI5 level with experiments still very suitable for adults if you ever wanted to play with a tesla coil and other stuff.
http://www.technorama.ch/en/
and 1h away:
>Verkehrshaus Luzern, Lucerne
Trains, cars, planes, and everything
https://www.verkehrshaus.ch/en

The Zoo is pretty good, a cruise on lake Zurich to Rapperswil is always great (about 2h) and many more. If you have any specific interests just ask...

> is there usually snow at the end of January over there?
There could be. Anything from deeply covered in snow to it looks like early spring is possible due to the Föhn.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foehn_wind
>>
giving it a bump.
>>
>>1188987
Thanks for the bump anon but I'm mostly convinced lol

Only thing I'd actually want to ask extra:

any recommendations for quiet café's? Like the type where it's not too loud or crowded, where you can have a coffee/beer and a snack maybe and read after a long day's walk?
>>
File: IMG_2048.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2048.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1187601
If you've never been to Switzerland, be prepared for the price of shit, and you aren't even going to scenic Switzerland, fuck off and go to Prague if you don't want a Normie city, Zurich is a very Normie American feeling city

If you want good Swiss towns, try adelboden, i lived there for a couple months and I loved every second of it, thats true Switzerland right there

pic related
>>
>>1190077
Got any better pictures of it?
Also why did you move there? I'd love to live there myself but it's kinda risky moving there without any gf or relatives there.
>>
>>1189897
>any recommendations for quiet café's? Like the type where it's not too loud or crowded, where you can have a coffee/beer and a snack maybe and read after a long day's walk?

I'm not that much into cafés. I know Konditorei Schober is pretty comfy and has nice patisserie else most stuff that pops up are some lounge/bar mixes. Up till 20:00-22:00 they're relaxed lounges and after that become a bar/club.

Also if you want to go for a beer or stuff drop me a line here:
[email protected]
>>
File: IMG_2038.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2038.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>1190105
Yeah it is, but Swiss people are super fucking kind man, and I had a pretty good job that my company moved me too. but yeah you don't even know, Swiss people are the shit. They had a family that let me celebrate Christmas with them

The reason? I said that I had not celebrated Christmas since i left home, the father looked freaked out and insisted I joined him, one of the best christmas' I've had

As long as you talk to people, it's not bad, also adelboden is very small

pic is town on a normal day, sunshine is kinda rare
>>
File: IMG_2036.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2036.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1190077
Don't really have a lot of pictures of the town, they're mostly videos, but here is another one

also during summer the high temperatures may only max out at 10 C, its fucking crazy
>>
>>1190077
>>1190434
>>1190436
prettyyyyy

unfortunately I wasted too much time wondering what to do, so everything is now too expensive for my itty bitty savings

but by now I'm convinced I'll got this winter, probably more like in February

didn't really expect it to be _this_ expensive tho...

>>1190317
I'll definitely drop you a line when I go! thanks for the contact anon

>why are people on /trv/ so nice sometimes wtf
>>
>>1191361
yeah bro, those pictures were from when i got there in June, february is fucking miserable and a lot of the trains are down, try for March

and if you want cheaper shit, try the Czech Republic, shit is crazy cheap, i'm talking steak dinner with all the fixins and 3 beers for $12 usd
>>
>>1190436
>>1190434
>>1190077
Dafaq is wrong with you.
Hold your phone horizontally.
>>
>>1192222
yeah i do, but all my pictures don't want to go straight, idk what the fucking problem is
>>
>>1192270
You're posting from a iPhone 6 or 7. 4chan strips the exif and that's the only way your phone identifies in which way the pic was taken.
>>
>>1187601
I'm living in Zurich now, will try answer everything for you I can.
>Time
Five days in Zurich is too much. Honestly, the city is small. As in you need 30 minutes at most to get from one part to the opposite with public transport. So everything that is an "attraction" here can be done in 4 days rather.

>Museums
The official Swiss museum here (opposite the main train station) sucks hard. I'm not being cynical here but it really does. I love museums and have been to a few already but this one is so boring. The problem is that the Swiss people didn't do shit historically speaking. No wars, empires, etc. There are plenty of art museums.

>Snow
Right now it's about 0 degrees but no snow in sight. Honestly the chances of snow in January are 50/50. So if you're expecting your picture to be reality you might be disappointed.

>Money
I hope you have enough saved. This place is expensive.

>>1189897
Kafi für dich, near Langstrasse area. Very chilled, nice wooden furniture, quiet music, tasty sandwiches. I regularly go there to read.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.