[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Visiting Oregon in a few months. What should I expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: craterlake2400.gif (1MB, 2400x900px) Image search: [Google]
craterlake2400.gif
1MB, 2400x900px
Visiting Oregon in a few months. What should I expect?
>>
>>1187163
Really depends on where you go. Mostly pretty friendly everywhere, I can't think of anywhere with particularly nasty people. Although places like Eugene and Klamath Falls get a lot of bad rap for the druggies. Eastern Oregon is more conservative, and it's of course the more chaparral/desert side of Oregon. Mostly middle- upper class in places like Bend, Redmond, Sisters. Lots of little old western style buildings, it's pretty cute. Tons of really neat hiking areas with caves and shit. Expect TONS of roundabouts if you go through Bend.

West side is a lot more liberal of course, it's generally what people think of when people think of Oregon and their tree-hugging hippies. It's a lot more lower class on this side of the range, and you will run into a lot more homeless, crazies, druggies, and all other thing that goes with poor areas. Again, there's a lot of great hiking opportunities- mostly scenic woodsy places. Columbia Gorge is gorgeous, but it can get pretty crowded around some of the waterfalls.

As far as laws and things, well. Recreational marijuana is a thing of course... No sales tax for the most part- it is illegal to pump your own gas (lol). Otherwise from that, not sure what's important. Do you have any specific questions?

I'm a resident, been here my whole life. Familiar with quite a bit of it.
>>
>>1187201
Also new to this board, so not sure if there is some obvious base/general questions that would normally be expected by a frequentee.
>>
portland is a shitty city, but the state has a lot of great nature: beaches, snowy mountains, deserts, forests

tourism is a big thing, so locals are friendly to most outsdiers

if you're there in early 2017, expect a lot of clouds and some rain

>>1187202
usually the only questions here are how long can I stay for free, and will I meet women
>>
>>1187201

OP here. Should of been more specific, I'll be spending a day in Lebannon.
>>
What's camping like there? I've no experience with American camping but I've always wanted to explore the Pacific Northwest
>>
>>1187265
Fair number of campgrounds, and national forest land is free to camp on as long as you are away from the road and at least a couple hundred feet/50plus meters away from a water source (pond or stream or river what have you). Not so many shower facilities in public campgrounds, but KOA campgrounds are everywhere and have hot showers for a bit more per night, I usually hit one up every few days if I'm on a long trip. Olympic peninsula is amazing and generally less filled with other tourists, but weather can shit on you for weeks on end as well.
I seriously suggest doing some day hikes in the redwoods of Northern California.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.