[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Westchester anon here, can anybody give me tips on moving to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

Westchester anon here, can anybody give me tips on moving to the city? westchester is boring and i dont have a car so i cant do much. What should i know before moving to the city
>>
>>1186993
Save your money. Get a well paying job. Better to stay in Westchester and take Metro North to the city
>>
>>1186993
fucking dont, unless your liberal. even then dont, you wont be able to leave because you wont have the money.
>>
>>1187302
>tfw to intelligent to think Westchester is cheap
>>1187310
Im a centrist and ive lived fine in other cities
>>
>>1186993
Staten Island - Cops, mobsters and DSNY workers. Went heavily for Trump. May as well be the suburbs.
Queens - Immigrants everywhere. Food is amazing.
The Bronx - You'd be a poineer.
Manhattan - If you have to ask you can't afford it.
Brooklyn - The fashionable parts are as expensive as Manhattan. The less fashionable parts are like Queens, but maybe with a little more cachet.

You looking to buy or rent? What kind of budget? How many people?

(I left Westchester over 20 years ago and never looked back. Currently own a modest apartment in a Brooklyn immigrant neighborhood. Happy as fuck about it).
>>
File: 1479076314562.jpg (210KB, 854x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479076314562.jpg
210KB, 854x600px
>>1187449
Im a 20 year old male with a server job. I dont need a full apartment i would be fine with a roomate i just want to rent. Westchester is incredibly boring and for what im looking for its expensive too
>currently own an apartment in brooklyn
Pls gib advice
>>
>>1187455
Young, shit job, wanting to move to expensive place? You will nopt end up in a neighborhood you will find exciting. And once you make your rent you won't have much money to go out anyways. But it won't be boring. Look in Queens or Brooklyn (Bensonhurst or Gravesend).
>>
Just take the train, you're probably not more than a couple miles from a commuter rail station.
>>
Not OP, but am interviewing for a job in dumbo. How much money do I need for a reasonable 2bedroom less than an hour commute? Which neighborhood should I look at? Thanks!
>>
>>1187449
A little too much of a generalization.
>>
>>1187768
You're best off staying out of the trendy neighborhoods because they're expensive as fuck
>>
>can anybody give me tips on moving to the city?

Don't
>>
>>1187768
I have a friend who lives in Sunset Park and he loves it. Still on the up and up though so there are a decent amount of druggies and the like. That should keep rents pretty low but I'm not sure, I would check zillow before I made any moves.
>>
File: 1479171895704.jpg (128KB, 734x960px) Image search: [Google]
1479171895704.jpg
128KB, 734x960px
>>1187639
>>1187302
>taking the train to the city to visit every few months is the same as living there
U fucking wot. Not to mention its hardly cheaper in westchester and you need a car to go anywhere
>>
>>1188722
I love Sunset Park too but it's not really that cheap anymore. Cheaper than yuppy Brooklyn of course, but you would still need a good job to afford a place as a single person.

Sunset Park is relatively close to Manhattan, has tons of good Mexican and Chinese food, and is safe but not overly polished. So it is a cool neighborhood in my opinion.
>>
>>1189439
>I love Sunset Park too but it's not really that cheap anymore.
I live there, and the time to get in was four years ago. Real estate prices have pretty much doubled since then. I love it here, but if I were moving now I'd be looking for the last good deal in Bay Ridge, which is a little more of a hassle as far as transportation goes, but super cool as far as generally overlooked Brooklyn neighborhoods are concerned.
>>
>>1189508
Yeah prices all over the city have gone up a lot over the last 4 years.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.