[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hotels General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 192235411[1].jpg (134KB, 1024x548px) Image search: [Google]
192235411[1].jpg
134KB, 1024x548px
What is your favorite hotel to stay in? Not necessarily the best, but your favorite.

I'm a big fan of the Colbert in Paris but I'll also stay in a Peninsula anywhere.
>>
Hostels > Hotels

Sorry bro.
>>
>>1186926
>Hostels > Hotels
no

>>1186922

My comfort food hotel is Holiday Inn. Their beds and pillows are my favorite next to their own. I have staye din everything form 5 stars to guest houses, to people's houses when traveling, hell, even people's porches with mosquito netting, but Holiday Inn is my absolute favorite and consistently good around the world.
>>
>>1186928
your neckbeard is showing.
>>
>>1186929
What was neckbeard/fedora about my post? I have been married going on 15 years with a kid in high school and middle school, and stay in Holiday Inn enough that I am an Gold Elite IHG member
>>
File: IMG_0953.jpg (185KB, 740x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0953.jpg
185KB, 740x416px
The first time I traveled abroad by myself was to Singapore. I know it's a babby country but I had a great time there and treated myself to 3 nights at the Raffles. Loved the history and decor of the place, it was a little too high end for my liking though as I don't like being bothered by a butler.
>>
>>1186922
Red Roof Inn, I have a thing for primary colors and logos that resemble PizzaHut rip offs.

Lots of comfy locations in Florida.
>>
File: 14805220248441587932155.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
14805220248441587932155.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>1186931
>>1186928
>>
File: IMG_2414.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2414.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Either Metropol in Moscow or Wentzl in Krakow.

>random pic from inside Metropol.
>>
>>1186988
How much was that a night?
>>
File: 2565776_3_z.jpg (120KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
2565776_3_z.jpg
120KB, 1000x750px
>>1186926
So you're telling me if you had unlimited budget, you would pick a hostel over your own hotel room?
You're either trolling or dillusional.
>>
>>1186928
>My comfort food hotel is Holiday Inn. Their beds and pillows are my favorite next to their own. I have staye din everything form 5 stars to guest houses, to people's houses when traveling, hell, even people's porches with mosquito netting, but Holiday Inn is my absolute favorite and consistently good around the world.
Yikes! no no no. If you had said "Hampton Inn" was trustworthy, I'd be more likely to think you had a clue, or Crown Plaza which has my #1 bed, or even that "Westin Heavenly Bed" favorite. I think you just have limited experience with the Holiday Inn brand....I tend to avoid it given the above choices.
http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/battle-of-the-beds

One of my favorite hotels in the world for just intense comfort is the Boscolo in Prague. It has this Assisi-inspired oasis of a basement spa with little green marble tiles and jets that float you above the floor in a cocoon of bubbles. The rooms were amazing and felt like a yacht cabin with the wooden built-in cupboards, italian luxuries everywhere in this old historic bank building. There was a cigar bar in the old vault, where the cubbies still existed for monies, but now held whiskeys. Centrally located.

For escape from reality, I really like Trout Point Lodge in the remote middle of national park in Nova Scotia, which claims to be the darkest place in North America. The star gazing was magnified and felt like a planetarium. The chef was your host and the bartender was also the guy who sang with his guitar by the campfire after dinner and lit the wood fueled river water hot tub. Ridiculous 4star resort that felt like someone's estate. Loved it.

I might have to say my favorite is Cheeca Lodge in the Florida Keys, just the right mix of historical and real island living.
>>
>>1186931
>married 15 years yet till posts on an anime website for emotionally abused teenage boys
>not a neckbeard

Pick one
>>
>>1186922
Any Peninsula would top my list –have stayed in almost all of them... some getting a bit old but the service and grandeur is indisputable.

Favourite hotel in the world? Probably The Wesley London. Amazing staff, location, rooms and the free Rolls Royce transfers for guests was pretty good. Whenever you want to go anywhere, just ring the front desk "Bring the Rolls up!". It's included in the room price, hardly free but a good little incentive.

Otherwise getting a room on the 117th floor at the Ritz Carlton in Hong Kong will also blow your mind.
>>
>>1187146
Not him, but one stays in a hostel to meet people. As a solo traveller, it's far more entertaining than staying in a proper hotel even considering the drop in services/room quality.
>>
>>1187198
I haven't been to the new one yet. Last time I was in Hong Kong I had to wait out a typhoon in the Ritz. Only memorable part for me was that the food was bad. Other than that, I'm pretty satisfied with Ritz in general as a chain/
>>
>>1187172
Not sure your expereinces with Holiday Inn. Here the one sI stayed at within the last month, 4 in total, and you can see the reviews:

https://www.agoda.com/holiday-inn-express-bangkok-sukhumvit-11/hotel/bangkok-th.html

https://www.agoda.com/holiday-inn-chiangmai-hotel/hotel/chiang-mai-th.html?checkin=2016-12-03&los=1&adults=2&rooms=1&cid=-1&searchrequestid=12845c81-499c-4888-be35-2b1db457e4ad

https://www.agoda.com/holiday-inn-express-bangkok-sathorn/hotel/bangkok-th.html?checkin=2016-12-03&los=1&adults=2&rooms=1&cid=-1&searchrequestid=ea65d2b9-7e35-45f1-96ac-25b5e073ff89

https://www.agoda.com/holiday-inn-express-hotel-suites-prattville-south/hotel/prattville-al-us.html?checkin=2016-12-03&los=1&adults=2&rooms=1&cid=-1&searchrequestid=79114f61-b745-4910-bba6-39fb6c5e138e

All ranging from 8 - 9.5 in reviews on Agoda. I like their combo of soft and firm pillows, and I never wake up with a sore back or dead arm in their beds. I have stayed at Crowne Plaza, they are part of the IHG family.

I stand by that Holiday Inn is my comfort food hotel. Not the best, but consistent worldwide and my favorite. As large as tehy are, yeas, there are sure to be some bad ones, but because they are so large, even when there is a bad one, a good one is typically in the same area.
>>
>>1187181
I pick
>married 15 years yet till posts on an anime website for emotionally abused teenage boys

My job won't even allow me to have a beard. You do know a lot of older people post on /trv/, right?
>>
Has anyone stayed at the Waldorf or the Plaza? Which would you recommend?
>>
>>1186922
I have stayed in boutique hotels in the US, Europe, Australia and Japan for work. Not a fan. As a friend of mine put it, "What are you gonna do in a hotel after you've masturbated and watched TV?" Sleep is the only other thing. I'd rather save the money I'd spend on a nice hotel for a great restaurant experience, because at least I'll remember that instead of spending most of my time there sleeping.

That said I have been to a few memorable hotels in my life. Three that stand out are:
Grand Hotel Suisse Majestique, Montreaux, Switzerland
Sheraton Lisbon Hotel and Spa, Portugal
The Morrison Hotel in Dublin, Ireland.
>>
>>1187458

oh my god he posted again on an anime website for emotionally abused teenage boys
>>
>>1187805
You really don't know the average age for /trv/? Strangely enough /hc/ also attracts an older crowd.
>>
>>1187806

HE DID IT AGAIN GUYS
>>
>>1188038
There's literally AMA post from a guy who has lived in Thailand for 15 years, which I assume is longer than you've been alive. Not even that guy, but this is your first time on /trv/ huh? >>1188038
>>
>>1188044

GUYS HE WON'T STOP!
>>
>>1187225
So what's your favorite hostel?
>>
The NoMad Hotel in Manhattan is perfect, from the rooms to the Michelin-starred restaurant in the lobby. Shame about the ugly block it's on, though.
>>
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit in Bangkok. I always stay there when in BKK.
>>
>>1190181
I love how affordable nice hotels are there.
>>
>>1192178
Indeed. You can find true 5star luxury for 100 a night or even less.
>>
>>1187146
If you just want to horse around with strangers, you can't really do it at a hotel. People there are mostly holidaying families or businessmen.

Having said that, I am a cold fish, and even traveling alone I like hotels better. Privacy is the best luxury.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.