[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have experience with cruises? I have a chance at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 700x475_MainImage_Dawn.jpg (67KB, 700x475px) Image search: [Google]
700x475_MainImage_Dawn.jpg
67KB, 700x475px
Does anyone have experience with cruises? I have a chance at going to a carribean cruise soon and I wonder if it's a diarrhea mess like I've heard
>>
>>1186177
Cruises can be a lot of fun with friends, but you're definitely getting a cookie cutter experience. That being said, if you can find a cruise hitting some countries that have historical/cultural aspects, it's a great way to see a lot in a short span of time.

Be prepared to spend a ton on drinks, eat a ton [food is actually great, at least on Royal Caribbean], and party. Bring friends.
>>
>>1186179
Cruises aren't all inclusive? And yeah, I'm going with friends.
>>
>>1186183
Food is. Usually there's various ala carte dining areas and also one 'formal' dinner each night with endless food, all gourmet and delicious. Alcohol not included unless you buy that package though, which can be cheaper if you know you're gonna be pounding drinks.

Excursions off the boat in the manner of tours, transportation to sites, are likely also going to be additional. On the other hand if you just want to wander around the city/coast, yeah that's free. Depends on where you are, for instance if you want to visit a Mayan ruin, you're probably best going with a guided tour unless you feel confident you could find your way there via other methods once you dock for the day.
>>
I have done about a dozen. Fun with the right people, I like doing something cool on shore days. Sea days are kind of boring.

It use to be easy to sneak alcohol on, but they have made it much harder.

You pay for alcohol, plus sometimes a small fee instead of tipping. All the food is normally included.
>>
what do you think about going on a cruise solo?

all my friends are cunts who just want to go to shagaluf and shit
>>
>>1186423
People on cruises are pretty friendly, you can sit in the hot tube or pool and talk to people all day. They will probably sit you with someone at dinner. In places like the piano bar people will include you in the activities. So you should not feel like an outcast.

That being said, most people on a curise are with an SO or family or friends. There are not a ton of singles (unless you can find a singles cruise), so if you are thinking of a shipboard romance....it can be done, but not a target rich environment.
>>
Much like buying the worst house in the best neighborhood advice, get the smallest stateroom on the best ship you can afford.

You get to share the ship as much as everyone else while paying the least. Luxury ships are amazing. Many don't have a single supplement since many cruisers at the top of the range cruise lines are widows.

>>1186717
NCL have single occupancy 'studio staterooms' that are very popular and always sell out early. But, a female that can't sucker a beta male into paying for her vacation is usually lacing in feminine charm.
>>
File: legend-upgrade-map.jpg (147KB, 696x346px) Image search: [Google]
legend-upgrade-map.jpg
147KB, 696x346px
I love cruising. I've been getting last-minute deals that are about $100 a day total. And I've been doing 20+ day cruises.

You have to rush and make the most of your ports. But, it's way worth it! Zero food costs!

My next cruise is this 23 day cruise on Royal Caribbean. Singapore to Barcelona:

Singapore
Renang, Malaysia
Kochi, India
Mumbai, India
Dubai, UAE
Crete, Greece
Valletta, Malta
Barcelona, Spain
>>
File: 1425772141608.jpg (6KB, 220x182px) Image search: [Google]
1425772141608.jpg
6KB, 220x182px
>was thinking of saving up to go on freighter cruise
>check the available ones
>even more expensive than I remembered

I just wanna be onnawater, feel the breeze and listen to the waves crashing on the bow.
>>
I went on a cruise with family and got bored very quickly. I guess you have to be the sort of person who can get into that cheesy PG13 Las Vegas party mood or at least find something entertaining on the ship to do.

I only enjoyed the days when we could leave the ship. Otherwise I was in my cabin taking it easy.
>>
as with most things, it all depends on your company. I went on my first cruise back in March (just a cheap western Caribbean carnival cruise) for spring break. I was not too excited as my previous spring break was to Cancun....hard to live up to that.

However, I did have 11 of my good friends with me, split between guys and girls. It was honestly an amazing time, we were always busy doing something. It's kind of fun because without cell phone service you tend to run into people even as you get split up because the ship is large, but only so large.

Personally, I think as a couple or with family a cruise would be horrible. But, with friends, damn what a time.
>>
>>1189086
This

Or it's suburban teenagers obnoxiously drunk and seasick ala contiki
>>
>>1189345
Is contiki less about the travelling and sites and more about the drinking and sex?
Would it be better to go places on my own?
>>
>>1186219
I smuggled alcohol on board in a wine bottle. They usually allow one bottle of wine per person. Buy some cheap wine dump it, fill with liquor. They sell wine shrink wrap sleeves on amazon that you heat with a hair drier and it looks like an unopened bottle
>>
>>1189004
Lol, I did all of that and more on a deployment.

I never did figure out why Dubai is such an OMG place. It's not that great. The middle East in general is garbage and India wasnt much better. Singapore though, hoooooo boy.
>>
Wash your hands all of the time. Every time that you do anything, forever, and you'll be fine. The staff are waiting everywhere to spray your hands with sanitizer "Washy washy happy happy!" and auto dispensers.

But, it's a great deal of fun. We usually go for a week, a group of six of us. We get the drinking package, because you will easily drink more than the price of the package. We also get a package of three nights at the "upscale" places to eat. But, if you don't, most of the free places are just fine.

Drink, swim, do kareoke, drink, drink, gamble, take epic naps, and do some cool stuff on shore.

Get a balcony room. It's worth it.

Also: A note about drinking packages: Any drink less than about 15 bucks will be free. My friend treats the package as being able to drink AS MUCH as he wants, since it's free. But, I instead realized that I can get a single drink up to 15 or so bucks and it's free. That means that I drink all the top-shelf shit like hendrick's gin that I usually have to skip. I still drink a lot, but I order the top shelf shit. I could drink a neat glenlivet whenver I wanted. fuck YES.
>>
>>1189004
U gon get captured by Somali pirates
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.