[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWOOF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1477334733086.jpg (55KB, 400x431px) Image search: [Google]
1477334733086.jpg
55KB, 400x431px
I'm looking the best country to WWOOF in. I'm 24 and am considering doing this next summer. I only speak english and I've never been over to seas before. I have an interest in Nordic countries if that helps.
>>
>>1186172
I guess you should start by looking at the Nordic countries, or countries where English is the primary language.

Not sure what else you want from us.

PS -- Maybe do a week in your home country, see if you like working as unpaid labor on a hippy's farm before paying for a plane ticket to go do it elsewhere. That is a serious recommendation, if you have never worked on a small farm.
>>
>>1186172
Hey anon, I'm currently finishing up a 5 month stint at a farm in the UK.

It's really a great experience- you just need to understand that farming can be tough work and sometimes you might be asking yourself "why the fuck am I doing this for no money?" Otherwise, I've had nothing but fun. I've gotten involved in armored medieval fighting, I fucked 3 different foreign girls, and I get stoned as a boulder with the other guys on the farm after work every day.

Also, my main issue with WWOOF is that you have to pay a fee for each country you want to WWOOF in. Workaway is a better deal, because it's 30 euro for the entire catalogue across the world- though it's not just organic farming. You could be doing anything from working in a hostel to just helping some family with household chores. I've started doing that instead, and I'll be heading to spain next year for a bit of workaway.

One key thing to remember about WWOOFing, or workaway in general- at the border, don't fucking tell the agent what you plan on doing- just say you're traveling and have a fake itinerary or something. It's perfectly legal to do WWOOF or workaway on a tourist visa, but a lot of border agents don't really get that.
>>
New Zealand
>>
>>1187088
Thanks for the insight. I know I'm not there target audience being employed and making almost six figures, but I need a change. I like hard work as long as it has meaning. Should I look for a place near a city or far out in the country.
>>
>>1187509
>>1187509
It all depends on your tastes, man. I've gone from the same, I took a 6 month break off work to go do some traveling and WWOOF was something a friend told me about.

Chances are, you'll be living in.. "rustic" conditions no matter where you decide to go. But I personally prefer the country simply because of how beautiful it is.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.