[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I decided to make an Ecuador thread since I haven't seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: cuenca.jpg (200KB, 580x252px) Image search: [Google]
cuenca.jpg
200KB, 580x252px
I decided to make an Ecuador thread since I haven't seen one yet and would like to discuss it.

I went there in 2014 for about a week and loved it. I stayed in Guayaquil, Cuenca, and Montanita, and I saw the countryside as well.

Some observations:

The cities look pretty developed in my opinion, especially Cuenca. Cuenca doesn't even seem like a "third world" city to me.

Everywhere I want was pretty clean.

The countryside looks pretty impoverished, by Guayaquil at least. Lots of tin roof shacks, many of them poorly built. But in the mountains, the houses were small but looked sturdily constructed at least. Lots of indigenous culture remains in the mountains, it's very cool to see.

Ecuador is a beautiful country, and the mountains were breathtaking.

The food was very tasty, and they use the USD so it's convenient if you're American. If I get to go back, I'll check out more of the nightlife.

Basic knowledge of Spanish would definitely help, most people don't speak English to my understanding. But I still think it's definitely doable even if you speak no Spanish.

Overall, it's pretty affordable but not dirt cheap.
>>
That's pretty cool op. Did you like the mountains more than the coast? I would love to go there and Colombia. How doable is it to tour around by bus/rented car? What are the costs like for food/lodging/entertainment?
>>
You forgot to talk abour the most important /trv/ topic;
Can you get laid easily in Ecuador :^)
>>
>>1187315

Can't speak for renting a car but getting through both countries via bus is incredibly easy and pretty cheap. Every once in a while it's nice to splurge on a comfy sleeper though.

Both countries are also fairly inexpensive with Medellin and Cartagena being some exceptions but still not outrageous by any means. I can't recall every spending more than $10 per night for a bed in a hostel, eating like a local can be as cheap as $3 a meal, and domestic beers are usually $2 - 4 a bottle.
>>
>>1187315
I loved both the coast and the mountains. I would say my favorite city I saw was Cuenca, though. I really liked Montanita too (which is on the coast, ironically).

Family paid for my trip so I'm not too familiar with how much lodging costs, but the food and drinks were relatively cheap (but not dirt cheap).
>>
As for Ecuadorian girls, they tend to be a little homely but cute. Plenty are really hot.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.