[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone give more info on using ATMs and the incurred charges.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

Can someone give more info on using ATMs and the incurred charges.

Im going to Thailand with only a card for expenses but im told that you incure 2x service charge if you use them and spend more than you would if you had hard cash

I dont feel comfortable carrying so much cash
>>
>>1185245
Fees are usually about 180 baht, plus whatever your bank charges. Some ATMs will ask you if you want to convert to ypir home currency, as far as the transaction your bank sees. Never do this if you are withdrawing large sums (which should be the only amount you withdraw) , unless you bank fees are crazy, you will losr money on the conversion.
>>
>>1185248
>180

Is that true with all atms because i was planning on taking out money whenever i needed it like i do at home, which would result in a hefty charge if im being charged 180 baht everytime

Any way to get around this?
>>
>>1185258
Don't do that. Take out at least 10,000 Baht at a time, 18,000 would be more advisable. As I said before, you want to take out larger amounts, less frequently. Not frequent small amounts.

18,000 baht is only a little over $500usd
>>
File: money map.jpg (749KB, 3240x2160px) Image search: [Google]
money map.jpg
749KB, 3240x2160px
>>1185261
>As I said before, you want to take out larger amounts, less frequently. Not frequent small amounts.

To further explain -- if you are charged a per-transaction fee by your bank you save money by having fewer transactions. And the ATMs are charging you per transaction as well.

Talk to your bank about whether there is a card you can get or some deal you can set up to limit those fee and other fees. Also tell them when you are going to be traveling, so they don;t think your card is being used fraudulently. Ask them if they have some "sister bank" in Thailand, which will charge you less in fees if you use their machine -- BOA has this sort of relationship with banks in some countries, maybe others do as well.
>>
>>1185261
>>1185245
I'm this guy. Jumping off of what this guy is saying >>1185289 my bank, Navy Federal Credit Union, refunds me $20 in atm fees, but if I were to wipe my bank card I'd get a foreign transaction fee per transaction. So even though there are fees associated with atms, I end up not paying them, or having them refunded, rather.

Out of my credit cards, I think only the Navy Fed charges a foreign transaction fee, the rest of mine don't
>>
File: 1480090491880.jpg (4MB, 8000x8000px) Image search: [Google]
1480090491880.jpg
4MB, 8000x8000px
>>
>>1185261
>>1185289
This more or less answers my question. Thanks lads.

>>1185341
Im with barclays and ive looked it up and they dont offer reimbursement. Thanks anyway
>>
>>1185245

No foreign atm fees

http://www.schwab.com/public/schwab/banking_lending/checking_account
>>
>>1185387
This. Schwab is the fucking best. No fees for anything, and they refund you whatever any ATM charges you. It's definitely the easiest way to deal with money while traveling, since you can get cash or use it wherever you want and not need to worry about anything.
>>
>>1185387
Have not used this but it looks ideal for any traveller. Why have I never heard of this before??
>>
>>1185422
>Have not used this but it looks ideal for any traveller. Why have I never heard of this before??
Because they're not really a brick and mortar bank, and it used to require a large balance. It's a checking account as a side benefit to your brokerage account. So, if you have zero retirement or investments, you wouldn't have researched your options. It is essentially an online account after opening your brokerage account, but they do have great phone customer service.
>>
>>1185422
You don't frequent /trv/? It's constantly mentioned. Though many other banking institutions do the same, they have the widest reach
>>
>>1185461
What other checking account charges you absolutely no fees, requires no minimum balances, refunds you fees other banks charge you, and gives you interest?

It's the only bank I've ever come across that tries to give me shit instead of charging me for stupid things, signing me up for stupid shit, or trying to fuck me over in some other way.
>>
>>1185473
NavyFeds Active Duty checking account
>>
>>1185474
Not everyone wants to join the US military to get access to a decent bank.
>>
>>1185485
They have opened up there membership to all DoD personnel, including civilian workers, and their families.

NavyFed is actually the largest Credit Union in the US by assets and members. Membership used to be much more restrictive. Only Navy and only Marines who joined while in boot camp or stationed overseas.
>>
>>1185622
I think USAA is like Schwabb, it has no physical branches, but refunds any out of network fees. It's membershio us restricted to military and families, I think.
>>
How dangerous are freelance ladyboys? You hear stories where they rob/ are aggressive
>>
>>1185693
wrong thread, dude
>>
>>1185695
The other thread is dead, also OP got his answer so...

Also are there any designated beer bars/ clubs were they hang out
>>
>>1185698
There are Thailand and SEA threads that aren't dead. You are totally off topic
>>
>>1185709
This is the first and only one I've seen besides I would be just as off topic on those threads.

I dont know why you're so upset, you've got the answers you were looking for I just want some info on ladyboys
>>
>>1185723
No it wouldn't, that's the purpose of the generals. Dude, I am trying to help you out. You are more likely and more quickly have someone answer your question in thise threads than one about ATMs. Here are links for you:

>>1173948

>>1184480
>>
>>1185725
>You are more likely and more quickly have someone answer your question in thise threads than one about ATMs

Maybe he thinks ATM stands for Asian Titty-Men.
>>
>>1185725
They rarely answer questions about ladyboys and often then not they call you gay to boot
>>
File: IMG_0207.jpg (224KB, 1143x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0207.jpg
224KB, 1143x1600px
>>1185698
There are several bars in pattaya anon. I would recommend la bamba and litas bar but the quality on offer can vary day to day

Also sensations bar pic related
>>
File: IMG_0206.jpg (228KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0206.jpg
228KB, 1600x1067px
>>1185698
Also hit up marine disco, a good amount of ladyboys frequent it
>>
File: beeedit.png (7MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
beeedit.png
7MB, 2000x2000px
>>1185849
>They rarely answer questions about ladyboys and often then not they call you gay to boot

bs, I answer questions all the time. Hell, I may have been the one you heard
>>1185693
>How dangerous are freelance ladyboys? You hear stories where they rob/ are aggressive

I will be happy to answer your question.....in an appropriate thread for it
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 453x167px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 453x167px
I'm going next month and I'm retarded when it comes to things like this. My bank says pic. This means that 2.5% of whatever I withdraw + 1% up to €6.00, and then whatever the ATM charges on top of that?

So if I withdraw €1000 at the airport (which I'm legitimitely considering doing since it will be safe there and I get direct transport to hotel) it is

(1000 * .025) + (1000 * 0.01) =
25 + 6 + (whatever the ATM charges)?

Also, I guess I have to notify my bank that I'm travelling to Thailand otherwise they will freeze it. What if it still gets frozen while I'm over there, am I fucked at that point?
>>
>>1185942
My bank doesn't do your pic related, so I am not sure. But for your 2nd question, if you notify your bank it won't get frozen. If worst case scenario and it does, then you have to call your bank, so that may be a long distance call, or an online chat. Plus freezing only refers to swipes, I have never heard of a card being frozen at an atm when used abroad, only when using it like a credit card.
>>
>>1185913
Oh fuck! Source me pic related senpai
>>
>>1185693
Depends really, i would advise caution if you pick up freelancers off beach road as all the trouble seems to stem from there.

I've picked up a few ladyboys from the bar complex and never had an issue, i wouldn't leave any valuables lying around though
>>
>>1185625
USAA and Schwab have branches now
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.