[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What city is the coolest for exchange term

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Gonna do an exchange term in one of these cities, which one is the coolest? I'm into photography, film, techno and music in general

San Diego, US
Leiden, Netherlands
Utrecht, Netherlands
Singapore
Perth, Australia
York, UK
Brighton, UK

I wanted to go to Berlin but they only offered courses in german
>>
>>1185231
Where are you from?
just choose the one that's most different than where you live
>>
>>1185231
Utrecht has the best techno out of those cities.
>>
It definitely isn't fucking Perth lmao
>>
>>1185264
>>1185351
I feel like I would like it best in Utrecht but that it'd be more of a challenge to go to Singapore. I'm from Sweden and Netherlands seems to have a culture pretty similar to ours

Would you go to the place in which you'd be the least comfortable or the one where you'd think you'd like it best?
>>
>>1185428
>pretty similar.
The Dutch are not tolerant. Barely anything changed after 1848. Our culture is not similar at all, but you will be welcome here.
>>
>>1185428
Living in Singapore wouldn't be challenging. It's first world and English is spoken basically everywhere (or at least everywhere you would need to go on a daily basis). That said of your options it would have the biggest culture difference provided you made an effort to experience it. It would also be an excellent base for further travels in the region as you can get cheap flights to many destinations nearby. Downside is it doesn't have much of an art/music/nightlife scene.

Utrecht or maybe Brighton are the most suitable for your listed interests. Perth has an OK music scene but it's pretty isolated from the rest of the country.
>>
San Diego is alright. You'll have a good time probably but based on the aesthetics you probably enjoy based on the picture you posted San Diego isn't for you.

Utrecht is the other place I've visited in the Netherlands and it was actually pretty nice compared to Amsterdam. Probs the best place to go based on your criteria.

DESU I would probs chose Singapore though desu.
>>
Although night life is not too alive in Leiden, there's a shit ton of girls and barely any guys, and you can go party to The Hague which has pretty good places.
There are some spots that are enjoyable in Leiden but they're hard to find.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.