[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Edinburgh a good place to visit for about half a week for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: search-location-edinburgh.jpg (2MB, 1700x1129px) Image search: [Google]
search-location-edinburgh.jpg
2MB, 1700x1129px
Is Edinburgh a good place to visit for about half a week for general tourism shit? How is it compared to, say, London and/or Paris?
>>
File: 3711.jpg (7MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
3711.jpg
7MB, 6000x4000px
Half a week sounds about right. Stayed 3 days in the summer, i'd recommend 1 or 2 days more if you want to visit museums and stuff.

I liked Edinburgh better than London, which I found a bit bland. At least compared to Paris, but then again i'm French so I might be biased.
My favorite part of Scotland was definitely the northern part, basically Ullapool and up. Can't wait to go back and see more.
Pic related was taken in Kinlochbervie
>>
I went to Edinburgh last weekend, Really enjoyed my time. The city itself is really beautiful.

If youre planning on staying in a hostel try go stay at Castle Rock Hostel. Lots of young travellers. Brodies/Brodys is a no go
>>
File: SnedlFT.jpg (24KB, 259x383px) Image search: [Google]
SnedlFT.jpg
24KB, 259x383px
Edinburgh is shit, I lived there for four years.

It's too cold, the people are stupid, but what do you expect from Scotland?
>>
Edinburgh is nice for a brief visit. Go to Arthurs Seat, drink lots of whiskies and ales. It's great to get around on foot even if the weather is awful.
>>
>>1185109
Jeez, did a jakie take a shite in your Greggs breakfast roll? Edinburgh is fine, if a little posh for Scotland.

Edinburgh is a great city to be a tourist in. The free things are the best (museum, arthurs seat, Princes St Gardens etc) and it's a very walkable city. It's still Scotland so be prepared for shitty weather. But when the sun is out it's a stunning city.
>>
Thanks for all the great inputs, boyos

Maybe I should also mention that I'm travelling with my girlfriend and maybe 3 guys too. I know some places are better to visit alone or with small company, and some are better with a large group.
>>
File: first rule of trv.jpg (773KB, 1800x1175px)
first rule of trv.jpg
773KB, 1800x1175px
>>1185109
You're late...
>>
File: heelamd coo is best coo.jpg (617KB, 840x630px) Image search: [Google]
heelamd coo is best coo.jpg
617KB, 840x630px
>>1185070
Edinburg was a disappointment to me. They;ve made such a huge tourist deal out of the Tattoo that, during that season, it just dominates the city with fakery, to me. and the way the block the view as you walk up to the castle with their grandstands and shit just sort of spoils things. Your mileage may vary on that, of course.

Spent a day there and counted that as plenty of time.

But then, I am not a huge fan of spending time in cities, I like getting out into the countryside.
>>
>>1185118
Yeah, it looks great! Not planning to go back to the UK anytime soon but it's a shame I spent all my time in London and Manchester.

Doesn't Edinburgh have some sort of arts festival every spring or something?
>>
>>1185308
The main festival season is August. But Edinburgh loves to have a festival for everything so there is generally something going on even outside that period.

During August its a totally different city. The population triples and you get things like what >>1185301 was talking about.
It can be quite fun as there is amazing art and shows happening everywhere but it's so full of tourists that it can be hard going.
And fuck the price of accommodation during August. I watched the ibis hotel minimum price go up to above 200 quid a night.
>>
scotland isnt really about the cities, i mean edinburgh's fine but that's about it. where it really shines is the countryside. go to skye ffs
>>
>>1186380
This
Edinburgh is a great city, but nothing special. Other than Edinburgh Castlee and Holyrood Park (Big fucking hill in the middle of the city, beautiful view) it's just like a ordinary capital

Isle of Skye is where it's at. Absolutely stunning landscape. 100% worth a trip

Also if you feel frisky, visit a whiskey distillery. I know it isn't exclusive to Scotland and it seems like the most "touristic" thing to do, but it's actually really interesting!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.