[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WWI Study Tour: France and Belgium interests?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

I'm a college student that just got accepted into a two week study tour to France and Belgium for the first world war.

In one of the meetings we were told (Just five of us) to think of local places we'd like to visit when we have free time in the pre-planned cities.

Anyone have any good recommendations for these cities? Below are places we're already going

Paris
Notre Dame
Arc de Triomphe
Museum of the Army & Napoleon's Tomb
Eiffel Tower
Louvre Museum & Free afternoon
Palace of Versailles &Free afternoon

Albert
Meaux
Aisne-Oise American Cemetary
Chateau de Coucy
The Somme

Ypres
Chinese and Indian Cemetary
Wellington Quarries
Vimy Ridge
Notre Dame de Lorette
Ypres Salient Sites
Flanders Field Museum
Last Post Ceremony

Bruges
Essex Farm/Tyne Cot cemetaries
Langemarck
St. Julien Memorial
Yser Peace Tower
Dodengang (Trench of Death)
Free Day

Brussels
Grand Palace, Cinquatenaire Arch & Free afternoon
>>
I'd add musée d'orsay (http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/home.html), and mont matre to you paris trip. When it comes to Brugge:
http://www.halvemaan.be/en/home
>>
Also, there's an American military cemetary just outside Paris. I don't recall the name, but its listed on the ABMC website. I remember it has a wonderful view of Northwest Paris. Check it out by all means.
>>
File: beaumonth.jpg (126KB, 800x472px) Image search: [Google]
beaumonth.jpg
126KB, 800x472px
>>1184881

Not sure if "The Somme" includes it, but you should visit Beaumont-Hamel, scene of the July 1, 1916 attack by the Newfoundland Regiment that cost them 85% casualties in about 25 minutes.

It's run by the same Canadian govt department that runs Vimy Ridge. One of the few battlefields left that you can see the original lines of the trenches and shellholes. They have to use sheep to keep the grass down due to the amount of unexploded ordnance.
>>
File: beaumont-10.jpg (50KB, 660x440px)
beaumont-10.jpg
50KB, 660x440px
>>1184881
>Albert
go to beaumont hamel, the largest preserved piece of land from any ww1 battle
featured the near complete wipeout of the royal newfoundland regiment during the first half hour of the battle of somme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knxR-Q2VoBE
>>
>>1187511
>>1187520
oh wew, didn't see you there
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.