[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fisterra, Galicia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tg_carrusel_cabecera_grande.jpg (137KB, 992x562px) Image search: [Google]
tg_carrusel_cabecera_grande.jpg
137KB, 992x562px
I've got 3 days in Galicia on my hands. I'm thinking two days in Santiago de Compostela and one in Fisterra.

Question is: has anyone been to Fisterra in the winter? I've heard it basically shuts down. Is it worth staying the night if I go, or should I climb the cape, watch the sunset, and then split?
>>
>has anyone been to Fisterra in the winter?
I haven't, but I would imagine it would be pretty dead. The city relies heavily on tourism, especially from Camino de Santiago pilgrims, and that slows down a lot during winter.

Depending on what you want, that's not necessarily a bad thing. It's basically a small, seaside city that during tourist season, is full of daytripping tourists and lots of pilgrims who are celebrating finishing a long walk. If you want to skip that atmosphere and just experience a small coastal city, it might not be a bad time to visit.

>Is it worth staying the night
Not if nothing is keeping you there. If you don't have to rely on the bus and have already been to the cape, there's no real reason to stay. It's a small city and there's really not that much to do. If you seen the beach, walked around a bit, and been to the cape, that's pretty much everything. It's not like there's much nightlife; even during Camino season, most pilgrims either go to bed early or go to bed right after sunset.

One day is plenty. If you're interested in going somewhere else tied to Santiago, you might be able to fit Muxia in the same day. It's another city on the coast that lots of people finish their walk. It's much smaller and sleepier, and prettier than the cape is. I liked it more than Fisterra when I went.
>>
>>1183918
Thanks, anon. Well thought-out and I appreciate it. Would you recommend a quick trip to A Coruña or do just Santiago/Fisterra/perhaps Muxia suffice for 3 days?
>>
>>1184237
>Would you recommend a quick trip to A Coruña
I can't really give you advice on that. I never went to A Coruna, except briefly going through it on a bus at like 1 in the morning. It seemed okay; if you find it interesting or find out there's something you really want to see, it probably wouldn't be that hard to fit in.

Really, it depends on what you're interested in. My experience in the area is a result of the Camino de Santiago, and not really a normal tourist perspective. If that's the aspect of the area you want to see, then just Santiago and Finisterre/maybe Muxia is fine and can easily work for three days. But if you want to do other things, and don't mind the potential of being a little rushed, it wouldn't be hard to fit in something else. Remember, these aren't major tourist destinations (even Santiago is only a small/medium-ish sized city) and aren't packed full of must-see attractions and other things that necessarily need a lot of time to see.

It really just depends on what kinds of things you want to see, and how easily you can get around.
>>
>>1184315
In the end I decided to make Santiago my base, and to go from there to Vigo/the Cies Islands for a day and then Finisterre for a day. I hope the weather is nice enough for a pleasant hike around the islands.
>>
Go to Vigo and if you can take a boat to the CIES islands
>>
>>1185398
Holy shit I literally typed the above reply without reading that you decided for Vigo and the CIES Islands. Good for you, post some pics of the islands, I remember I had an amazing time last time I was there
>>
>>1185974
I'm tempering expectations a bit because it's winter, but I'm hoping I can get a clear day. Above all, though, I'm just hoping the weather isn't so bad that they cancel boat trips for the day.

When did you go?
>>
>>1183832
I've actually given tours in Coruna last summer, can tell you anything you'd like about it.
>>
>>1186051
I've decided to forego Coruna as I've only got three full days in Galicia. Nonetheless, is there anything interesting you can tell us about it?
>>
>>1186268
The maritime walk is rather pleasant, torre the hercules has a nice statue garden next to it. The owner of Inditex (richest European) spends a lot of money on tidying the city and renovating.

There's also this bar called the Lolita, where you've got easy to fuck minors if you're blue-eyed / blond haired
>>
>>1185398
I just got back from Santiago and the weather was terrible
>>
>>1186376
To be expected. I'm guessing between 7-15 degrees and rainy?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.