[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

6 Months / 6 Locations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 435678654356.jpg (117KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
435678654356.jpg
117KB, 600x600px
This year my online business really took off. Starting January 1st, I am going to travel for 6 months, ideally spending a month in 6 different locations.

My max budget:
>$2000/mo accommodations
>$2000/mo day-to-day living
>$4000 flights and transport

I need a fixed location w/ high speed internet for work. Ideally I'll rent something off Airbnb for the whole month. I might do day/weekend trips to other parts of the country and just stay in a hostel if time permits.

Given these parameters, what 6 cities would YOU suggest and in what order? I'd be flying out of West Coast US to start. Bonus points for safety, active nightlife and English speaking expat community.
>>
>>1182701
What's your business?

I'd recommend Tallinn in Estonia. Estonia allegedly has the fastest internet in Europe, and you could easily take weekend trips to Finland, Latvia and Lithuania. Also, great nightlife, very safe, beautiful girls.

I'd also recommend Bucharest. Great girls and nightlife, the internet is great as I recall (though I'm not 100% sure on this as I am with Estonia). The best part of living there would be the excellent weekend trips to other parts of the country - Romania is beautiful my man.
>>
Shanghai
Saigon
Sydney/Melbourne
Cape Town
Madrid
Stockholm

I haven't been to Australia so that part is just a guess. Also, I'd personally do it differently to include South America, but my guess is you'll pass it on safety concerns.
>>
>>1182701
pro-tip: if you've travelled around the pacific rim you've seen it all (unless you want the amazing safari experience of Africa)
>>
First, congrats on achieving what is the dream for most of us.
6 cities, why not do one on each continent? A quick googling of countries with fast-ish internet makes me choose these places if I were to do it myself:
Tangier, Morocco
>Comfortable mix of African and European culture, lots of other expats, generally nice atmosphere, could pretend I'm Paul Bowles
Barcelona, Spain
>Fun city in the middle of a super fun area so I wouldn't lose my shit living there for six months. Would be fun to learn Catalan
Muscat, Oman
>Completely modern city within completely alien culture. Lots of other expats, English widely spoken. Fun country and people. Beautiful atmosphere.
Colombo, Sri Lanka
>Fast-paced city with other expats but not too many. High elevation so good climate. Good food. Central for easy access to rest of country. Could continue pretending to be Paul Bowles
Wellington, New Zealand
>Modern, tiny, fun-loving city with every nationality imaginable. Would happily live here my whole life
Some lazy seaside town, Chile
>I don't know anything about South America
>>
File: Sales-6months.png (37KB, 1030x501px) Image search: [Google]
Sales-6months.png
37KB, 1030x501px
>>1182705
I created and run a software-as-a-service website. Pic related is my last 6mo in earnings, about $2500/wk.

I've heard great things about Romania and Bulgaria. My friend was there recently and couldn't stop telling me about how cheap everything was and how beautiful the women were.

>>1182708
I like this list but Australia I probably won't do. Hoping for places that are a bit more exotic. I'm sure it's a beautiful place but really it'd be too similar of a lifestyle to what I'm currently living.

I am definitely interested in South America but yeah seems like many countries rank very poorly on safety. Like simply being a white guy means you're a target for crime.

>>1182727
Thanks! Morocco might be interesting, not something I'd previously considered. Gonna check it out now.

Barcelona is one I'm already interested in. Oman... can't say that's one I would've picked but hey I'll have a look.
>>
File: 20160716_160428.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160716_160428.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>1182786
Definitely hit up Bulgaria during Summer time. Winter's also good but if you're not into ski or can't take a harsher winter, you're going to have a harder time doing stuff.

Yes, it will be cheap, yes beautiful women, sea side, all the luxuries and comfort of Western Europe with none of the price tag, political correctness or strict rules about anything. Plenty of history and culture. Internet penetration, stability and price are quite good.

Airbnb is FAR too expensive, though. Just get a local rent for 1/10th of the price of an Airbnb.

Got any more questions, feel free to ask.
>>
hi whats up
>>
>>1182823
>Airbnb is FAR too expensive, though. Just get a local rent for 1/10th of the price of an Airbnb.

This is very true in a lot of eastern european countries, and underdeveloped countries in general. The problem is, a lot of times it's a real hassle to rent a place directly from a local, because of the language barrier. I'm looking for a room/flat in Lviv and Budapest, and finding an english speaking landlord is a pain in the ass.

Tangier is awesome, so are Fez and Marrakech, all three have really interesting expat communities. BUT, be prepared to get ripped off when renting a flat. They will add extra charges out of nowhere, ask for a cleaning fee, several utility fees, a fee for the key, god knows what else. Just haggle as much as you can, show them you're not an idiot, and you might get a decent deal.
>>
File: puertovaras.jpg (169KB, 962x471px) Image search: [Google]
puertovaras.jpg
169KB, 962x471px
>>1182701
I like the list from
>>1182727
I personally would just switch either Barcelona or Tangier (both absolute to tier picks) as they're both mediterran cities and the beduin/desert style is covered with Muscat
Replace Barcelona with something like Munich, Prague or go to the baltic.
or
Replace Tangier with Windhuk, Namibia or Johannesburg, South Africa for a chance to see the big game and it's something completely different.

>Some lazy seaside town, Chile
That's Puerto Montt/Puerto Varas.
>pic related
Beautiful nature (volcanos, sea, lakes, untouched nature) and a paradise for outdoor/adventure stuff.
>>
>>1182894
Fuck yes, Windhoek has so many cute girls.
Nice lookin' town, Puerto Varas. Will research.
>>
With your budget you can easily afford even the most expensive cities like London, NYC, Oslo, Zurich etc.
>>
>>1182894
>Puerto Montt/Puerto Varas
Great option. Any medium-sized city in the Patagonia region is nice. You could also try Valparaiso (has a reputation for being very artsy and liberal), San Carlos de Bariloche for mountains and lakes, or even Ushuaia for that "end of the world" feel.
>>
>>1182879
>Tangier is awesome
Literally go kill yourself. Idiot.
>>
>>1183029
But Tangier is awesome.
>>
>>1184093
I don't know what Tangier you went to, but I found it a cheap plastic hole.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.