[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Language in Europe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: v1o4S2d.jpg (291KB, 599x902px) Image search: [Google]
v1o4S2d.jpg
291KB, 599x902px
Parents are funding a 3 month Europe vacation for me after I graduate College, and I'm visiting all the major sights (London, Paris, Vatican). Should I learn a language other than English for my stay in Europe? Would also love to hear recommendations on Countries/Cities to Visit
>>
>>1181918
>Should I learn a language other than English
No
>>
>>1181918
>should ?
Yes.

>need ?
Nope.

>Would also love to hear recommendations on Countries/Cities to Visit
Since I hate vague questions, I would recommend 6 weeks in Liechtenstein, 4 hours - not one more - in Belarus and the rest of the time in Vatican.
>>
The issue is, while you should learn a language in general, you have to double down on it and spend all of your 3 months there to extract as much contact with native speakers as possible.

So if you're learning French, better spend the whole vacation in France.

Had I had the same opportunity as you, I'd jump on German.
>>
It's helpful to know some basic sentences in local language.
e.g. french

Bonjour. S’il vous plaît… (Hello, please…)
Oui / Non (Yes / No)
Parlez-vous anglais ? (Do you speak English?)
Combien ça coûte? (How much does it cost?)
Merci beaucoup ! (Thank you very much!)
>>
>>1181918
pretty much this:
>>1181929
however:
If you're gooing to France, I'd recomend learning to conjugate te following verbs:
être-to be
avoire- to have
aller- to go
pouvoire- to be allowed/able to

also useful:
Je ne parles pas francais- I don't speak French
Je voudrai X- I would like X

However if your not staying for long you could get away with not speaking french if you're patient, and apologetic
>>
>>1181922
this, especially the part about Liechtenstein. Belarus you might want to replace with Moldova.
>>
I fell in love with Andalusia, read something about that region and check out the photos. Consider camping (if you won't dare to camp in the wilds, search for guarded campsites, much less expensive than hotel and also a great experience, now I can't even imagine sleeping in a hotel for more than 2 nights in a row).
If you are brave/confident enough to come up to random guys and talk to them and able to run fast in case of something make sure you do this:
>find an black guy selling all those tourist-type-of stuff obtrusively
>come up to them when nobody's watching and ask for green
>sit and blaze on the beach at night
>enjoy
The best thing I have experienced so far.
>>
>>1181918
Shart in mart.
>>
>>1181956
he can get away with it but people will still get pissed at him

I speak french but I still look foreign and I've been yelled at before just because I forgot to weigh the fruit I was buying (I am used to paying per fruit)
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.