[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (7KB, 435x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 435x300px
Hello, I'll maybe have the opportunity to study in europe and my main decision is between Netherlands, Germany and England, some others include Singapore and Sweden but, mainly between the firat three.

I'll be there for a couple of years so other than the quality of education, the place seems just as important, so yeah, which has the best student life?
>>
the netherlands
/thread

no but seriously, the work (study) hard, play hard lifestyle the dutch do quite good. quality of education may or may not be worse than englands and germany, that also highly depends on the university.
>>
If you're gonna tryhard- Germany.
>>
I study in Sweden right now. If it's in one of the university cities Lund or Uppsala I definitely recommend it. The cities are basically a university with a city and there's so many clubs and pubs that just caters to students.There's always something going on, but both are very close to either Copenhagen or Stockholm if you want to get out a bit. Everyone speaks English very well here, and there's also a lot of international students to hang out with if so you'll never feel like a complete outsider.

Stockholm could also be pretty good but it's not the same university town feel, but don't go here if it's at Linneaus, Umeå or some shit hole like that.

The downside with Sweden is that it's a bit more expensive and the darkness and cold during winter is definitely a downside even though this probably is about the same in Germany and Netherlands as well.
>>
>>1181907
Go for the Netherlands, dude!
You won't regret it.
>>
Netherlands for living & studying, Germany and especially Belgium for visits.
>>
>>1182017
>>1181931
>>1181908
yeah seems to be pretty much between Netherlands and Germany, but it would have to be Berlin so I imagine it would be pretty expensive/crowded there.

Somehow no one likes Glasgow.
>>
>>1181907
Netherlands all the way.
>>
>>1182061
Berlin is cheaper than most of germany, what are you talking about.

Im a dutch student, ask away if you have questions.
>>
>>1182128
Do you know TU Delft or its quality?
How are people generally? Friendly, serious, etc.
>>
>>1182061
Berlin's prices are much lower compared to most of the Netherlands, though...? So this makes no sense.

Delft has a really good vibe.
>>
>>1182152
not the guy you responding to but, laidback I guess. I hate it for the weather and the bureaucratic lifestyle, but there's no denying that netherlands got most of its shit in order
>>
>>1181907
you should study in munich, best place to live
>>
>>1181911
This
>>
Most of Germany is actually cheaper than most of Netherlands. Specially Berlin and all of eastern Germany, cheap as hell. But, from the research I've done in the past, the Neds have a better educational offer for the english speakers. Pretty much every Masters and up degree in the Neds is in english, while in Germany it's the opposite.
>>
>>1182416
what's life like in east Germany? Like Dresden, Leipzig, Jena, that area. Saxony, I guess.
>>
>>1182152
Delft is great. small city between the Hague and rotterdam, student-oriented. The university is a technical university, sot image related are the demographics of the city.

I dont know what you want me to say about the dutch people. I hate the fact everybody gets up and has dinner so early. It is possible to get in an "international student bubble", but if you want to, dutch are open to meeting foreigners (especially anglosaxons). If you like partying, expect a lot of casual drug usage.
>>
>>1182267
I wish, but TUM program sends me to Singapur, and I hear student life there is hell, right now I'm leqning between tu berlin and delft.

Haven't met anyone from glasgow/nottingham.
>>
I'm not OP

Can anyone tell me something about Leiden? I'm contemplating doing my master's there next year. How is accomodation, partying, student life in general?
>>
>>1182759
Never been there but was looking into it to do my master's as well. What I can say is, accomodation is expensive and hard to get. A lot of people end up living in The Hague, because there's more options, and they just commute on the train, which wasn't that expensive if you bought monthly tickets. Also, from the pics I saw when I was looking for a room, living spaces are tiny.
>>
File: 458__h_x_landgraf_turm_jena01.jpg (297KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
458__h_x_landgraf_turm_jena01.jpg
297KB, 1200x800px
>>1182430
I'm studying in Jena atm, it's pretty nice, quite small and with some beautiful old buildings. Also a lot of concerts and interesting cultural things because of all the students i guess.
Although it feels more like a westgerman city in eastgermany (thuringia).

Dresden is very beautiful, can't tell much about the people though.
>>
>>1183476
How easy/affordable is it to travel like in the weekends.

Can you leave the country like you leave states over at thw US?
>>
>>1184767
>>1183476

on a related note, can you explain to me the "weekend group train ticket" thing? Some guy told me you can buy 'group tickets' for something like 50 euros, for up to six people travelling. Is that sorta true? How does it work, and how easy is it to find people to do that?
>>
>>1184793
Yes it's true. It's called "Länderticket" and it's even cheaper than 50€ i think. The downside is though, that you can only use it in the state where you bought it. So for example if you are in thuringia and want to go to bavaria, that doesn't work with this ticket.
>>
>>1184793
>>1185199
There is also the "Schönes-Wochende-Ticket" which you can use in whole germany
>>
Anyone from TU delft here?
How hard is getting in for a masters in EE?
I'm in my third year of bachelors right now, plan to work and publish a paper in the following few months. My scores in the basic subjects arent very good though.
Also do they offer language courses for internationals? Been learning dutch on my own so I dont get insulated in a expat bubble
>>
>>1182485
>I hear student life there is hell
What exactly did you hear about it?
I'm considering studying there (NUS EE)
>>
>>1185282
Not to sound like a dudebro but apparently all drugs are strictly penalized, no matter if you're a foreigner.

Alcohol is expensive, the city is small and theres not much entretainment, also everyone is autistic and non-friendly and schoolwork is hard af. ALLEGEDLY.

I'm not studying abroad to party hard but it would be nice to have the option yknow.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.