[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So heres the scoop, I need some personal insight from someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

So heres the scoop, I need some personal insight from someone who has lived/lives in St. Louis. I will be moving here with limited resources ie. No Uhaul or car, just whatever baggage I can bring with me on the train. 21/M with decent food-service experience (dishwasher, cook, server, baker, meat cutter) all of which for more than a year. I figure with 4,000$ in my pocket I can find housing and income in at least a month. I'll need to be able to get to belleville IL occassionaly to visit my significant other, but I dont have car insurance so transportation will be somewhat of a hangup. Anyone with advice or anything please I feel like Im in over my head.
>>
>>1180569
I live on the outskirts of STL, it's a great city, just stay the fuck out of East STL. As for transportation, look up the metrolink. Goes right through belleville and all throughout Stl.
>>
Will do friend!
You said stay away from the east side? Can you elaborate? Is it like the typical inner-city violence/drugs or what?
>>
>>1180576
>>1180581
After a breif sweep of google I gathered that its pretty much typical inner-city garbage (drugs, whores, gangs, violence) this worries me, but more for my significant other who is in Belleville. Does it stay pretty specific to ESTL? Would I have problems living in the skyline city view apartments on 17th?
>>
>>1180581
Yeah man it's a pretty scary ghetto, try to avoid. Really, most of towns immediately after the river into Illinois are kinda shaky, drugs, violence, gangs,etc.

If you are looking for restaurant work, you should be able to find it rather easy anywhere, but depending where in STL you stay I recommend the delmar loop. Bunch of sit down restaurants and a relatively safe environment.
>>
>>1180584
Yeah man it's not a pretty site. I have family in Belleville and desu it's pretty safe and I wouldn't have any worries there.

As with any city there are some questionable shaky spots, but for the vast majority I would avoid the Illinois side of stl.

I actually walk by those apartments all the time when I'm going to hockey games. You should be just fine there. It's pretty close to union station, scottrade center, and the Peabody opera house so authorities are pretty frequent.
>>
>>1180569
>>1180569
It annoys me that inner city St. Louis is so shitty. Really, it annoys me that all inner cities in America are shitty

You'll probably end up living in a municipality that's not actually part of St. Louis itself if you live on the west side of the river. Try looking them up to make sure you don't land in a shit one.
>>
>>1180654
By that you mean just subareas?
Webster grove, kirkwood, st ann, clayton? I posted in /b/ and I was advised to just move into belleville
>>
>>1180702
Yes. Those suburban areas will be less good for you if you have no car, though, and they're more shittily run
>>
>>1180702
St. Charles is fucking dope, right by an amazing university; tons of Canadians go there; good nightlife in the area. Alan's is an amazing restaurant for lunch right by LU. I miss that area; St.Charles/Louis are a blast.
>>
>>1180767
>>1180784
Does belleville have decent resturaunts?
>>
Bumperoni
>>
Dude I live in StL (in the city).

First off, What do you do for fun?
I would definitely live in the city, don't know what other people are talkinga bout here. Tell me what you likedoing for fun and I'll name the neighborhood. The city is FILLED with tons and tons of good independant restaurants and bars, perfect for you to work at, lots of young people, etc
>>
Dude, the city has tons of young people, food, bars, parks, and attractions. What are you talking about?

Also, OP. I would not live downtown. StL is a city where all the neighborhoods are awesome and each have their own vibe. Downtown is just OK.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.