[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have any indonesia stories/experiences? It was one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Anyone have any indonesia stories/experiences?

It was one of the coolest countries I've visited and when I get the travel itch, that's one of the countries I remember.

Mostly I just remember feeling like there was a sense of chaos and freedom in the country. It was the single most foreign place that wasn't dangerous that I've ever been and it's hard to wipe that from my mind.
>>
>>1180317

Lol wasn't dangerous? try going to poso in Sulawesi then. You'll get your fucking head cut off.
>>
Any tips for a first-time SEA traveller who is not interested in sex tourism, drinking or partying? Any must-see places? Also, is the language easy?
>>
>>1180324
well, I guess I made a very broad statement

some areas are undergoing religious conflict, but it's not a sort of omnipresent danger and constant threat on your life like half of the rest of the world

>>1180327
too broad of a question, guy

there are lots of must see places amongst half a billion people and a dozen countries.

the languages are generally moderately difficult, but there's also several hundred of them so it does depend
>>
>>1180331
What about Bahasa Indonesia? Is that difficult?
I get it's a broad question, but I'm going there in the summer and I'm super stoked even though I have nothing planned out yet. I just wanted some input on what places are great and stuff.
Also, how's the food price-wise?
>>
>>1180333
bahasa indonesia is probably the only easy one from the entire region

I like almost everywhere in the region, personally, and I'd reccomend everywhere if you have enough time, say, 4 months or more.

You can probably guess from the thread that I like indonesia the most, but keep in mind that indonesia is larger than the rest of the region combined, so it does depend on where you go.

indonesia is exotic, different, and roughly hewn

malaysia is genocided, more sterile, and probably one of my least favorite

philippines is incredibly friendly, almost over the top so, but a lot more conventional

vietnam is low key and slow

cambodia is just fucked up

myanmar is kind of like a less chaotic indonesia, completely, fucking, foreign

food is cheap. if it becomes a significant problem for your budget, you probably shouldn't be traveling
>>
>>1180335
And what about in Indonesia? What were some of the highlights?
Also, the price of food is no problem, but knowing that it'll be cheap gets me even more hyped.
>>
i spent about a month in indonesia, between java, bali, and lombok. java was quite shit, jakarta had very little to offer, surabaya even less, but i was working remotely during that time so i didn't mind. yogyakarta and the surrounding temples were rather cool, but at that point i had seen so many temples in SEA i just wanted to get out.

i regret not spending more time in bali and lombok. kuta was crazy with the amount of people, but had awesome surfing and some actual fucking indian food (indonesian food is rather bad). wish i could have checked out ubud.

lombok, or rather the gilis where i stayed, were perhaps even better. slower island pace of life, and if you're into diving or snorkeling it's great. if only the internet wasn't so bad i would have stayed longer.

i suppose check out flores/komodo if you have the chance, heard excellent things about those as well but unfortunately didn't have time to check em out :(

>>1180335
not my experiences at all. cambodia was great, people were very friendly, siem reap had this nice big town/small city feel that i really enjoyed. malaysia was pretty nice as well, lots of nature to enjoy and the food is some of the best in SEA. just arrived in vietnam so can't say much there.
>>
>>1180354
I really liked certain parts of java, lombok was great, and so was bali. I agree with the below poster for the most part, for example, the food is overall kind of bad, but there are highlights, for example, the mall food is decent, or if you can find retauraunts that cater to tourists, such as in bali, you can get decent steaks or what have you for like, 5 bucks.

to get good indonesian food you should eat at chinese restaurants or get it homecooked.

>>1180413
siem reap is far nicer than the majority of cambodia

I liked malaysia, and you're right, the non-malaysian food in malaysia is amazing. it just didn't work for me on a lot of levels. it tries to be structured like a first world country, so it feels less exotic, and the people live in the trappings of, and have a certain first world mindset, but really it's just third world. it's nice being able to talk to locals and pick their brains about complicated topics. but the nature is better in other places, and maybe I just like traveling for the shock value, I dunno.

otherwise I agree with your post for the most part
>>
Going to indo tomorrow

Any good places to go in Sumatra?

Also does anyone know how extending the visa on arrival is? Is it easy or are they strict on requirements like proving funds/proving exit of the country?
>>
>>1180564
If you stay longer than 4 weeks make sure to pay the 40$ for extendable visa on arrival
>>
>>1180564
they're not strict about it but it can only be done in rather large cities, so pay for it on arrival or plan accordingly
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.