[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vietnam-Hanoi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: sapa.jpg (14KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
sapa.jpg
14KB, 274x184px
I am flying out to vietnam next week. Landing in Hanoi.

Has anyone been there and have any tips/recommendations?

I already plan on tours to Sapa and Ha Long Bay
>>
File: quiet.jpg (37KB, 531x277px) Image search: [Google]
quiet.jpg
37KB, 531x277px
>>1180238
also used dating sites to find a bunch of gold diggers to bang while i am there
>>
>>1180239
seems like you are not doing well.

Bump though, because I will be moving there soon.

don't bring too much money I guess. It's dangerously cheap.
>>
Must admit, I never found that much food I loved in Hanoi when I lived there but I would go for iced egg coffee here as often as I could, best place in town for it.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g293924-d1467224-Reviews-Giang_Cafe-Hanoi.html

I can give you some tips on shit to see in North VIetnam beyond the obvious stuff you listed if you want too, there's plenty of amazing stuff which is way less touristy. Loved my time up there, north of Hanoi is definitely the most beautiful part of the country.
>>
>>1180330
Not OP but I'd be interested in hearing about non-touristy stuff in the north!
>>
>>1180349
No worries, will post the 3 best.

1. Lake Ba Be, despite being pretty near to Sa Pa it's in a far poorer county so has been exploited far less. When I was there in April the road on the approach to it was about a quarter of the way through the process of being turned into a properly paved one. I think there are big plans for it by the tourism board (with good reason, it's stunningly beautiful) but when I went there were maybe 6 white people at the homestay I was at and I didn't see any others beyond them. Don't remember because I was on a bike but I believe it's one bus most of the way and then another short one round the lake if you do it by public transport. You can paddle and visit a cave on the lake itself, as well as a huge cave you can see on foot, the scale of the stalactites is incredible. Great place to spend a few days to relax if you're in Vietnam for a while, it's so laid back.
>>
File: BanGiocFalls.jpg (516KB, 1874x797px) Image search: [Google]
BanGiocFalls.jpg
516KB, 1874x797px
>>1180390
2. Ban Gioc Waterfall

This is way in the North-east on the Chinese border. In fact the actual border runs through the middle of it but some deal seems to have been struck to have it all on the Vietnamese side, so technically you're inside China when you visit this. It's quite a well developed site, mostly from Chinese money I assume. Is quite funny, the amazing paved road turns into a rocky piece of shit half the size at the border line. Beware this one is teeming with Chinese tourists all of whom will try to speak to you in Chinese and want pictures with you. So far as western tourists go though there weren't any at all when I was there, and it's again very beautiful. As well as the view in this picture there's a temple on a massive hill behind it which gives you a view of the Vietnamese hills with the waterfall in the bottom right, can't find an example on google wierdly and didn't take one myself which is annoying. Couldn't have done it justice anyway, legitimately stunning shit. The drive between Lang Son and Ban Gioc is my 2nd favourite in Vietnam incidentally.
>>
>>1180295
that was after like 2 days of talking and already planning to meet up. i think she uses google translate or whatever to help her talk to me and realizes she wont have that in person. so she opened up about it
>>
>>1180395
There are lots of English speaking qts there.
>>
>>1180393
3. Ma Li Pass

This is a stretch of road between Yen Minh and Meo Vac in the far north of the country on the border. This is only worth visiting if you're on a bike since it's a drive, but it's the most incredible place in Vietnam imo, and one of the best drives in the world. Really hard to get across the scale of the mountains from a picture, but particularly the section between Dong Van and Meo Vac is pretty special. I lived in Vietnam for 5 years, leaving last month and rode this twice before I left and it's definitely becoming far more touristy. Over 2 days of driving I saw maybe 10 foreigners, far more than when I first arrived. Still nowhere near on the scale of the Hai Van pass (the one they drove in Top Gear) or for that matter pretty much anywhere between Hanoi and Saigon but still.

Honorable mention: This one is far more well known but don't bother spending more than a day in Ha Long bay. Instead go to Cat Ba and spend a few days there. There's more to see on the island than you could do in a week (butterfly valley particularly worth seeing), the tours of Ha Long are way cheaper from there and desu the bay gets boring after a day anyway. By far the most overrated spot in Vietnam imo.
>>
>>1180390
>>1180393
i will 100% viist both of these, thank you
>>
>>1180398
i am only going for a week, so i dont think i have time for that bike but im mad because that looks dope
>>
>>1180398
that trail looks beautiful
>>
>>1180398
this looks awesome, wish i had time to visit. i just arrived in hanoi and have one and a half days before some friends arrive. we're gonna see ha long bay then, but in the meantime i'm just gonna rent a motorcycle and go down to ninh binh and cac phuong, hopefully the ride is nice and i'll have some cool stuff to see
>>
>>1180415
Good choice with the time you have desu, the road through the middle of Van Long is great too in that area, very well paved and quite straight so easier to get some speed up than some of the twisty shit in north Vietnam.
>>
Where do I find visa info for Vietnam?
>>
>>1181422
There's this website called google.
>>
>>1181463
There's this region called "the third world" with inconsistent and contradictory visa rules that may or may not be applied at the border, and are seldom clarified by the central authorities. Often outsiders are expected to make visa deals with random private companies that may or may not bribe the bureau of immigration and may or may not take your money and run, and who do not have any certification or endorsement from the central authorities.

Under the circumstances, anecdotes and recommendations are required from people who know what they are talking about, so you certainly shouldn't worry about answering my question.
>>
>>1180398
>By far the most overrated spot in Vietnam imo.

seconded
>>
>>1181468

You can google all of this.

you passive aggressive little bitch
>>
>>1181479
Does my question annoy you?

I recommend that you punch a pillow. I'm sure that's in keeping with your active-aggressive philosophy.
>>
>>1181468
Assume from this you must be asking about the visa on arrival at the airport. Going to the embassy is pretty simple but way more expensive, they essentially charge you whatever they feel like on the day. I used this on arrival service when I went in August and everything went fine at Hanoi airport, was only a 10 minute wait or so there too. Is all pretty simple, just read the instructions.

http://vietnamvisapro.com/

Though beware whichever on arrival service you use they'll send you a confirmation letter containing tons of people's passport information including your own. Other people will get a version with yours on it so if this makes you uncomfortable just pay more and go to the embassy.
>>
>>1181468
>Be Nordic masterrace
>get 15 days visa-free in Vietnam
>>
>>1181611
>staying in vietnam for only 15 days
>>
>>1181603
This is the sort of mischief they don't tell you about. Thanks, anon.

>>1181611
No such luck. But in any case, I'm looking at something closer to two or three months.
>>
>>1180239
Tinder is way way better. Tinder has the higher class girls that know English, and still very very easy to get dates there.

Just be forewarned that Vietnamese girls are generally fairly conservative. I had a few first-date bangs but it often took longer.
>>
>>1180330
>I never found that much food I loved in Hanoi
Damn, I had no trouble finding great food in Hanoi, I could throw a stone and find some great Chicken Pho where it landed.

Saigon rolls are better in Hanoi than in Saigon, go figure. I think it's just a name.

There's a great French restaurant called Blue Rose or Blue Lizard, something like that.

I studied in Hanoi for a month, ate lots of great food. A little language goes a long way too.

Purple Pagoda is a good day trip from Hanoi, go take a boat over a lake and hike up a mountain and visit a cave shrine.

>>1182173
>Just be forewarned that Vietnamese girls are generally fairly conservative. I had a few first-date bangs but it often took longer.
This. City girls will generally fuck their boyfriends but country girls and the occasional city girl might want to wait until marriage. Vietnamese in general are pretty sex obsessed actually and the women especially love making dirty jokes about the hookers you're going to fuck and stuff like that but that kind of stuff is maybe mostly from older married women, the younger ones want to maintain a good girl image.

It's definitely more work closing in Vietnam than elsewhere. If you take a girl home from any kind of club/bar, you better believe that she's going to ask for money.

Vietnam in general has a lot of scams and people will tell you whatever to close a sale and then change everything once they have the money or even if you've just invested some time.
>>
>>1181468
>>1182111

https://www.myvietnamvisa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption.html

it took me 30 seconds to find this using google, idiot. stop wasting our time
>>
>>1181618
>staying any longer
stupid roastie detected
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.