[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey well traveled friends! I am going to Amsterdam in a day and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: amsterdam.jpg (120KB, 525x349px) Image search: [Google]
amsterdam.jpg
120KB, 525x349px
Hey well traveled friends! I am going to Amsterdam in a day and I have no clue what to eat drick or do please help!

Much love Anon
>>
Expect shitty wet cold clammy weather, visit a museum, try visiting some other cities like leiden, the Hague, Utrecht. Easily reached within an hour by train. Use the ns app to check train schedules, simple as fuck.
Don't blow your visit by smoking weed and couchlocking in some tourist trap coffeeshop.
If you're into the nightlife you can try anything from rustic bars to rave parties that last all night. Music festivals are plentiful, but it's not really the season for it anymore Museums are great, but don't bother with the sex museum or madame tussauds. Rijksmuseum is a safe bet, leiden has a weeb museum called sieboldhuis and the naturalis which has tons of fossils and plants. Lots more museums, if you have some kind of itch, there's a museum for it. Red light District is generally safe, but not that interesting and pretty pricey. Eat some stroopwafels and drop and try a kapsalon at the local kebab store.
>>
>>1180211
Don't buy pre made joints, roll your own and if you can't roll then just buy the pre made cones and do it that way.
Buy your weed from Gray Area and don't fuck a prostitute with a blue light above the window or buy Coke from the Africans on the streets as it's probably white heroin
Enjoy your time in the dam
>>
>>1180211
If it's your thing there's a smaller red light district along the canal East of the Albert Cuypmarkt.

Also, the best pizza I have ever had was at Mangiancora on Ferdinand Bolstraat in De Pijp.

Have fun though, I can't wait to go back to the Netherlands.
>>
>>1180229
dutch detected
>>
>>1180229
thank you so much!
>>1180250
How is the truffels?
>>
>>1180373
Taste disgusting.

Cut them up into powder, place in some water with tea and make a brew out of them. Drink this: the chance of puking is greatly reduced.
>>
>>1180211
I went 20 years ago. One thing I remember was standing in the lobby of my hostel one night and this guy comes in with this look on his face like 'what the fuck just happened to me?' He told me that he had been in a 'gentleman's club' where he was pressured/seduced into buying the girls like $1000 worth of champagne over the course of the evening and then nothing really came of it. He didn't even get laid. He blew all his trip money.
I also remember the scam where someone looking desperate comes up to you and says that he was in an accident and that he has no money and can you give him some. Yes I fell for it goddamit. It was only like 20 guilders or whatever at the time.

In other words, there are a lot of fucking scams. Don't fall for any of them.
>>
The Bibliotheek, a big library near the Central Station, is an awesome place to have dinner. Food there is great, fresh and inexpensive. The restautant is on the top floor, just try to come between 6 and 8 in the evening, otherwise most food will already be eaten.
>>
>>1180211
How time are you spending out there? If you can, check out the castles. If it were in season I'd say go to Keukenhof. Eat some Dutch junk food. Patat frites and Frikandel. I dipped into some good weed and hash when I was in the Netherlands, I'd try it out. I went to a place called the Bulldog, they also made fresh squeezed OJ at the time.

Scams happen all across Europe. Just say no thank you. I echo museums as well. Get some good ass Gouda cheese. Go see a windmill. Find a clean girl to fuck. Dutch women are some of the best imo. If I wasn't settled, I'd make my mom happy and find myself one.
>>
>>1180329
I am going to take a guess and say no.
>>
don't go to amsterdam or the Netherlands it shitty i know im live here go to italy much better more to see an alot better food
>>
>>1180211
Enjoy comrade! Eat Rijsttafel and Stamppot, ask locals where good joints are for those. Take a side trip to Haarlem and check out the kröller-müller museum. Been a few years, but when I was there last, they were just digging out the cesspit at Rembrandthuis, which is an intimate little shack where yes, Rembrandt lived for a couple of decades. Might be some neat crap from the crapper.
>>
>>1180211
Coffeeshop Central (just opposite the train station towards the left) is a great coffeeshop it has great prices and nice weed, it is less of a tourist trap (although many tourists do visit) but more of my personal favourite coffeeshop it is much like a bar so if you have a fun night it is a good place to kick back and toke some herbs.

Buy truffles in a smart shop if you really want to trip out :p
>>
>>1180521
You know it's a good diner if you actually run the risk of all the food being eaten before arrival.

Next time i'm in amsterdam i'll be sure to check out the library dude 8-). Might go there on monday actually

>>1180530
Gouda cheese is definitely good cheese. The young is softer and older cheese is more firm and tangy very good cheese in holland bro.

There are some local pizzarias there that are great but u need a keen eye to spot one
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.