[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Week in Romania

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: download.png (3KB, 267x189px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
3KB, 267x189px
Booked an impulsive trip to Romania, anyone got any advise on how best to spend my time there? In Bucharest for a day or two but mainly based in Brasov.
>>
Brasov has beautiful mountains around as far as I remember, maybe some ski slopes, too

Clubbing is quite good in Romania, though as a foreigner you have to be extra careful who you party with

I don't remember where I really went around Brasov, but it was nice, Sibiu was nice, too.... The mountains are even better a little bit to the South or East I heard
>>
>>1180150
Go to Sibiu. Sinaia and Sighișoara are also nice day trips.
>>
The rail system is definitely worth trying out in case you haven't considered it. It isn't super easy to figure things out, but getting around shouldn't be a serious issue if you're not an idiot.
Food in Sibiu and Brasov was amazing. Sighisoara is small, but very charming. I stayed for a night when I was there and definitely enjoyed my stay.
Are you planning on staying in hostels?
>>
>>1180180
No i have an apartment booked to give me more flexibility. Food looks great, any local drinks?
>>
>>1180150
Take a trip from Brasov to go hiking in the Bucegi mountains. Get the bus from Brasov to Busteni (takes around 40 minutes on the bus) then hike to Babele. Take the cable car down but DO NOT take the cable car up - the trek up the mountain takes about 5 hours but it's insanely beautiful... the summit at Babele is nothing really special, but the hike up there is amazing.

Ocna Sibiuli near Sibiu is cool, it's a load of mud baths and it's a bizarre experience if you've never before done anything like that.

Drive on the Transfagarasan Road if you can.

From Brasov, you can also rent a car and visit Rasnov, Peles Castle, Bran Castle and the Bear Sanctuary (which is much better than it sounds).

Enjoy yourself, I absolutely love Romania.
>>
File: IMAG1271.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1271.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>1180150
Definitely concur with all previous posts.

I just left Romania on Tuesday, spent two weeks leisurely doing a loop Bucharest, Sinaia, brasov, sighisoara, sibiu, Bucharest. It was awesome fun. There's still autumn colour around but it's getting cold. Bucharest only needs one or two days imo. Sinaia and busteni are on the train line between Bucharest and brasov, sinaia is home to peles palace which is an awesome 1880s royal house. There is also a cable car in sinaia if you want to walk on the plateau but I have only heard of people walking from busteni.
In brasov I really didn't do a lot, loved it just hanging about. Got the funicular up to the basic sign and walked back down. Walked around the old fortifications. Cheap delicious Romanian food in big portions at Ceasu rau. Had quiet beers and watched cs comp at cafe central, day trip on public bus out to prejmer fortified church, day tripped public bus out to bran castle(which is OK but excessively tourist filled). Maybe if there's snow when you arrive you could go skiing at poiana brasov. Strolled up around the citadel(which sadly is closed to the public).
Sighisoara is a very cool more properly walled town than basic which you could day trip to, it's 2h each way on public transport. I found sibiu and brasov similar but liked brasov more. Eat all the papanasi!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.