[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a dumb and nervous would-be traveler. I booked a flight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I am a dumb and nervous would-be traveler.

I booked a flight online for the very first time. My understanding is that doing it online through a booking site like Expedia or FlightHub can be cheap, but also nightmarish in other aspects. There are many people who use these sites successfully, and it seems that there are many more who have only bad things to say about it.

That's why I'm so nervous right now. I honestly don't know if I did everything right, and I don't know what could go wrong. It's actually progressing a little TOO smooth for me. As in, it's almost too good to be true, especially given how new to this I am.

I got a PNR number, both global and airline. I even got my e-ticket number, and that took honest to god less than 2 hours. From what I've heard, it usually takes at least 24 hours, and some people end up not getting one at all and it ruined their trip.

Another bad thing I hear is that there could be a conflict of information between the booking site, and the airline itself. I actually checked my flight details directly on my airline's website, and not only did they exist, it's also accurate. Again, this is progressing a little too smoothly. How can I be this lucky?

So I've got a PNR, an e-ticket number, and my airline is actually agreeing with the site that I booked with. For what it's worth, I don't have any seat numbers assigned to me yet, and while I am a little worried about that, apparently this is actually a very minor traveling issue. From what I've read, that just means the flight is overbooked, and it usually results in a few passengers moving to an alternate flight.

At this point, what can go wrong? I either need some reassurance, or I need someone to slap me upside the head over what I did wrong. I think you can tell that this is definitely my first time booking a flight. God I'm so nervous.
>>
>>1179470
>There are many people who use these sites successfully, and it seems that there are many more who have only bad things to say about it.
No, that's dumb, otherwise these websites would have gone down eons ago.

Nothing too bad.
It's only complicated when you have to cancel your flight or change it, if everything goes to plan, normally it's no problem.

>and that took honest to god less than 2 hours.
Completely normal. Waiting 24h to return booking details online ? What kind of nigger company would do that ? It's all automatised.

>I don't have any seat numbers assigned to me yet
You do that when it's time to web check-in, usually the day before departure. You will receive an email to do it.
If not done online, you will do it when you check your luggage in at the airport anyway.

Everything seems to go alright OP, no need to worry so far.
>>
I'm in the same boat as you are OP. I've only ever booked directly from airlines and got boarding passes from them. 20 days until my trip and I have ticket numbers for each airline and my Expedia E-Ticket. It feels so weird not travelling with a boarding pass.

The person above is right in that booking seats is usually for 24 hours before your flight. Also, some websites will SAY that they are not compatible with Expedia bookings for online check-in, but it will actually work if you enter the booking number they gave you for the airline. I'm in this situation now with Aer Lingus.

Also, one of the benefits of booking with Expedia is that all of your flights are booked under a 'single ticket'. The airline should forward your luggage to your final destination so that you don't have to arrive, collect luggage, book in luggage, run through security etc. Just double-check this when it's being checked in though as it's better to be safe than sorry.
>>
>>1179470
This isn't 1998 anymore.

I just bought an international ticket with Delta last week. I used to some low airfare website, found a cheap flight, and then went to the Delta website and booked it in under 5 minutes.

Confirmation email came within 2 seconds.
>>
Haha I was exactly like you earlier this year OP. Was my first time buying online with Skyscanner. I constantly checked the airlines' websites and even called the company that processed my booking just to reassure me.
You're all good man. As long as your flight details come up on the airline's website, it's all good. Don't worry too much.
Just check again maybe a 2-4 weeks before your flight if there are any changes (usually they'll be the ones to inform you)
>>
>>1179471
>Waiting 24h to return booking details online ? What kind of nigger company would do that ?
I've heard stories of people not getting booking details for more than 3 days, sometimes even right before their flight date. I guess it could also be user error in these cases, seeing as most people who can afford to travel are usually old people who can't work their way around a computer anyway.

>>1179493
I actually booked through ExploreTrip (oh shit nigga what am I doing), but I plan on taking a single carry-on anyway. My trip isn't very long, and I ain't got time for luggage bullshit.
Thanks for all your input, guys; you've quelled most of my nervousness.

Now, should I book my hotel like, right fucking now? Obviously, the best reason to do this would be to get the lowest possible prices. However, so many hotels/booking sites say they're non-refundable. And it would be pretty damn shitty if my flight booker fucked something up and I couldn't catch my flight, and suddenly I'm stuck disputing the flight charges, and having to eat the non-refundable hotel charges. Am I being a worrywart again?
>>
>>1179702
> hotel booking
Either go for a AirBnb with dem flexible cancellation fees,
or go to booking.com, they have many hotels which are pretty chill on late cancellations.

Also, you'll see during your flight, but the bulk of travelers are not old people at all so that bullshit excuse does not apply. It's just that people are stressed out because tickets cost a lost of money and they don't know if they are doing it right (like you do now).
But it's alright, no need to stress out if it's the first time you do this, you'll learn.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.