[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling to Spain for 40 days Dec/Jan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Flying from Australia. I have been once before to Madrid/Alicante/Galicia. This time I hope to borrow a car and see Toledo, Cordoba, Seville, the rock, then go up through Portugal. I have an EU passport and want to travel kinda light. Any recommendations on what I should see/do? Any general advice for those parts of Spain/Portugal? Mainly interested in history/art/the culture there.
>>
>>1179153
I'm a Murican living in Spain. I've travelled all over the country so I can offer some advice:

- You're right on the money with Toledo. Called "the city of three cultures" for its mix of Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. A ton of history present in its art and architecture. Check the El Greco Museum and the cathedral, but aside from that, you can't go wrong just walking around the old town. Climb up La Piedra for the views of the city.

- You're also on the money with Sevilla and Cordoba. I'm not sure what else there is to do besides visit the mosque-cathedral, though. In my experience, Sevilla warrants a longer stay. I think Christopher Columbus is buried there in a big cathedral if you want to check that out.

- Be sure to go to Granada. The Alhambra speaks for itself, while the rest of the city is young, vibrant, and incredibly scenic

- Barcelona, although it's a path well-trodden, is worth a visit. Especially considering you're going in the winter. It won't be touristy madness. My friends and I rented bikes while we were there are and just rode around the city, got to see everything. The Gothic Quarter, Park Guell, La Sagrada Familia, as well as Gaudi's many other works nestled in the city. Barceloneta is a neat little neighborhood, too. If you're there for a few days and can spare a day trip, hike up Mont Serrat.

- If you can make it that far north, San Sebastian is worth a visit as well.
>>
>>1179159
Make sure to get your Alhambra tickets way in advance. Otherwise you'll end up disappointed.
>>
>>1179159
>>1179168
thanks guys,

would this one be the one to get or are there cheaper/more official tickets to get?
https://www.musement.com/uk/granada/alhambra-and-generalife-skip-the-line-tickets-and-guided-visit-9391/
>>
>>1179175
That looks like a guided tour. So whatever is your cup of tea. I prefer independent touring. There is an official Alhambra tickets site where you can get just the tickets. There are two stages, one for the gardens, and the other for the Nazrid palace (that one is timed, so be careful).

10 seconds in google brings this official page:

http://apc.ticketmaster.es/nav/landings/en/mucho_mas/entradas_alhambra/entradas.html
>>
>>1179176
Thanks for that. Website wont process my order so ill have to try in the morning i suppose
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.