[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brazil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0834.gif (11KB, 414x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0834.gif
11KB, 414x302px
Going to Brazil from late November until Christmas, looking for suggestions.

I'm coming in on a boat from Peru, so I'll be in Manaus for a few days at least (I hear the girls have a massive gringo fetish there too). After that, I definitely want to hang out in São Paulo and Rio for a while.

*Is Iguazú falls worth it?

*Any other cities that are particularly cool to experience, other than São Paulo and Rio? I don't particularly give a shit about nice beaches, I just really want to experience the culture.

*I don't know a word of Portuguese, but I speak pretty decent conversational Spanish. Is it generally easy enough to get around on Spanish/English or should I study some Portuguese?
>>
>>1179003

Manaus is a hellhole, as in, its hot as shit, since its right on the middle of the rainforest.

Don't know about Iguazu Falls, check a few videos and if its seem like something you want to experience, sure, go there.

São Paulo and Rio are cultural hotspots , if you want for some history go to ouro preto, but only if you really want to and have the time for it, other than that, you won't miss much going to these two places if you are not looking for beaches.

You can get around with spanish, as long as you are not using spanish specific words we should understand you, iand for the english, don't expect people to understand you, most of the population knows jackshit, your only salvation would be younger people in the rich parts of town.
>>
>>1179003
I'm married to a Brazillian and I've been quite a few times.

>I don't know a word of Portuguese

Learn it man. Even knowing a little goes a very long way.
>>
>>1179003
Learn some basic Portuguese Brazillians do not speak spanish they understand aboiut 40% of it but it will not make them happy if you speak Spanish they will likely ignore you mate you can go for Portuñol which you can learn quickly if you are going to be in any border towns.
Use memrise and Duolingo
>>
>>1179003
>*Is Iguazú falls worth it?

Yes, if you don't mind the crowds. Genius me went on the busiest day of the year (easter holidays) but I still had a great time.

>*I don't know a word of Portuguese, but I speak pretty decent conversational Spanish. Is it generally easy enough to get around on Spanish/English or should I study some Portuguese?

I went thrice and don't speak Portuguese either, but if you have the time and resources to learn Portuguese, at least some basic phrases, you should.
>>
I only have 2 weeks to learn, but okay, sounds like I need to get started learning some Portuguese...
>>
>>1179003
>Is Iguazú falls worth it?
Yes, but it is a long way from Manaus.

> I just really want to experience the culture.

What kind of culture do you want to experience?

Afro-Brazilian?
Teuto-Brazilian?
Rural?

This is a pretty diverse country anon.

>Is it generally easy enough to get around on Spanish/English or should I study some Portuguese?

Very few people speak English around here. Even among the upper classes.

If you already know Spanish, you should be able to learn basic Portuguese in no time.
>>
>>1179003
>>1179345
Also, there are no roads from Manaus to SP or Rio, you have to take a plane.

>I hear the girls have a massive gringo fetish there too

Kind of, but beware of the gold diggers and the whores.

Do you plan on driving?

São Paulo is definitely not an attractive city, but there are some nice things there.
>>
>>1179003
>*Is Iguazú falls worth it?
Yes, but don't EVER trust in Paraná people. Saying that, Falls (plus Birds Park), Itaipú Dam and a visit to Ciudad del Este are mandatory.
>Any other cities that are particularly cool to experience, other than São Paulo and Rio? I don't particularly give a shit about nice beaches, I just really want to experience the culture.
Go to historical cities in Minas Gerais (Ouro Preto, São João del Rei, Tiradentes, etc.).
>*I don't know a word of Portuguese, but I speak pretty decent conversational Spanish. Is it generally easy enough to get around on Spanish/English or should I study some Portuguese?
>English
lol no
>Spanish
There is a mutual understanting from Portuguese>Spanish, but once my Spanish teacher told me she found +1300 false friends. But if you know Spanish it is easier for you to get it.
>>
>>1179538
>Yes, but don't EVER trust in Paraná people.
i guess the south meme is wrong? Are Parana peeps just assholes or they just like to scam Gringos?
>>
>>1179867
Both. Just dont be a dumb cocky American. Peace.
Btw what the fuck do you want here?
>>
>>1179910
I'm not the op but i'm going to Brazil to learn Portuguese and experience it's culture try food etc i was thinking about expanding my trip outside of the state of Rio but i would rather learn more Portuguese first. I made a couple of friends online from Rio so i chose it.
Also your women are gorgeous i have seen girls who people say are "ugly" and they are leaps and bounds better looking than what you find here.
>>
>>1179915
Oh Of course, youre an ass man.
> Food
Avoid small shitty places. Aways look over your sholders.
> Culture
The fuck kind Of culture do you want to find in a crisis ridden 3rd world country?
Where are you from?
And also, fuck you. If all you want is pussy, dont travel at all.
>>
>>1179921
>>1179915
Forgot to say, if you want to learn portuguese, youll have a hard time. Each state has its own alliteration of the official language.
>>
>>1179922
that's fine i'll just stick to the Rio accent and grammer etc
>>
>>1179921
>The fuck kind Of culture do you want to find in a crisis ridden 3rd world country?
everything from customs to consumer habits
Brazil is a country that always interested me so i'm interested in everything
>Where are you from?
United states
>And also, fuck you. If all you want is pussy, dont travel at all.
Not at all the point if i don't get with anyone during the trip i'll be fine.
I don't travel to get my dick wet man I'm a history student who is interested in international politics and culture
>>
>>1179915
About food map we have some regions:
1) South - land of churrasco (but nothing you couldn't find elsewhere in Brazil)
2) São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro - only Brazilian cities which have Michelain restaurants, if it is your thing. About feijoada in Rio, idem churrasco;
3) Minas Gerais/Goiás - the heaviest one, pork-based (and they have some purists defending pork lard instead coconut lard);
4) Bahia - the most unique and the hottest (=peppered) one. Heavily influenced by african food - not recommended if you like only "dry" food.
5) Rest of Northeast - based in salty and jerked beef
4) Amazon - heavily influenced by Native Indian culture
PS: if you have an oystrich stomach, you can try sarapatel (made with pork entrails) or buchada (idem/ or with goat)
>>
>>1179945

Spot on. Bahia has the best cuisine, even though some of it might look weird, it tastes awesome.

I would recommend visiting Chapada Diamantina to anyone who enjoys nature and hiking.
>>
>>1179925
Nice. Be sure to put safety in first place tho. Girls May not seem easy but like any country, when in doubt, use alcohool. Dont pick fights. I guess there isnt much i can say thats not common since, well, i hope you dont get scammed or mugged. Enjoy your stay. Try eating açaí.
>>
>>1179003
You're going to Brazil but don't care for beaches? You're missing out man. I def suggest Recife and Florianopolis if you do want to check out a nice beach scene. But you should go to Floripa anyways, such a nice city.

Otherwise I love love love Salvador. BEAUTIFUL city with amazing culture if that's what you are looking for. Genuine african culture that still breathes today. Go see the Bale Folclorico there, best live performance I've seen. Great food and parties too. You can make some really nice trips to Morro de São Paulo, Praia do Forte and Chapada Diamantina from there as well. Especially suggest Chapada, one of the best hikes I've done.

Otherwise you should really check out Ouro Preto, Tiradentes and Curitiba for history and culture. Porto Alegre is quite a nice city too but not particularly necessary. You can also go to Blumenau or Gramado for that weird fun German exclave culture.

About Foz do Iguacu, it's def worthwhile, but it's actually quite a bit better from the Argentinian side.
>>
>>1180080
I went to so many beaches on this trip that I really don't care anymore. Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Colombia, etc etc etc it's all the same shit.
>>
File: bonito.jpg (121KB, 780x519px) Image search: [Google]
bonito.jpg
121KB, 780x519px
>>1179003
I'm actually Br, in Spain right now, but will be back Dec 4th. I'll arrive in São Paulo, then hitchhike or travel home by bus (Google Mato Grosso do Sul and Bonito - MS). Then I'll take the car and go road tripping (camping). One other buddy will probably come along.

That being said, It's not an easy trip to do. We could go to Iguazu Falls (I've never visited too) and then visit the rest of the South before Christmas, and get you a flight back from Curitiba.
Pic related is Bonito - MS. YUUUGE gringo fetish. Your trip would be cheap as FUCK.

What's in for me? A buddy to split costs and a gringo to lure in more cuties. Also, I feel good about "showing my country around".
>>
>>1180166
The beaches might look alike, but the beach lifestyle varies.

Try it out, if only for a few days.
>>
>>1179003
Rio is shit. Pantanal is good, lençois maranhenses are good, there are bunch of national parks that are godlike. Avoid rio and sao paulo, girls have gringo fetish anywhere.
>>
>>1180650
I cannot emphasize how bad Rio is, it has always been bad but now it's in a ongoing crisis and Cariocas are batshit insane. Their beaches smell like piss and the city is disgusting. Go to the wild because nature is the only thing worth here aside from food and girls. Chapada dos veadeiros is 10/10.

Rio can't pay civil servants, cops, firemen and anyone else. The state is going to crash with no survivors. DO NOT GO THERE.
>>
>>1179003
Hey OP, fellow Gringo that lives in Sao Paulo here

>Nightlife
If you like nightclubs and stuff then go to Jardins
I prefer Vila Madalena because it's live music orientated and has a better atmosphere for gringos.

>Portuguese
Learn a little bit. The people will appreciate you trying and it's a sure fire way to earn some bonus points with girls. Also as other people have pointed out, not many people speak English fluently.

>Advice
Watch out for people on bikes, there's a wee bit of a trend of muggers riding on bikes and swiping phones and stuff.

Also use Uber.

>Culture
Sao Paulo has tons of museums you need to check out. I like SP Museum of Art on Paulista Ave
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.