[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Christmas in New York really as magical as they say it is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

Is Christmas in New York really as magical as they say it is? I'm thinking of going next year. How much time do you guys recommend I spend there? How much money would it cost?
>>
>>1178920
>Is Christmas in New York really as magical as they say it is?
No
>>
>>1178920
i mean its a good enough reason to come here. i live here and think its much more tolarable to walk on the grimy sludgy winter streets when there are christmas trees and lights all around.
>>
>>1178920
>I'm thinking of going next year.
So, advice 13 months ahead of time?

The first week of December is good enough, no need to get into the busier Christmas week or Day. All the stores are in high decoration mode, the air is crisp, the Rockefeller tree is lit. It's nice all lit up. Going alone? Or have cash? Part of the fun is doing all your christmas shopping, power shopping visit. And, being with kids, or family, or someone you love makes the hot cider extra sweet. No eggnog anymore at Tavern on the Green. I think a few old movie standards don't really exist anymore either.
Wanna know how much it is? Try booking sites now for air and hotels, and price your trip. Hope that in 2017 we don't have extreme oil prices or something worse in the economy, and you have it all figured out.
>>
>>1178920
It's cool I guess, everything is decorated in midtown. You can go ice skating or stare at the big tree. Maybe I'm kind of jaded since I've lived nearby my whole life. It's basically a cold tourist trap.
>>
File: pepe-toast-wine.png (59KB, 520x484px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-toast-wine.png
59KB, 520x484px
>tfw live on a metro line and can visit nyc whenever i want
>tfw rents are high but live rent free
>>
>>1179040
Of course you pay no rent in your mom's basement
>>
File: 25e.jpg (33KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
25e.jpg
33KB, 640x640px
>>1179256
I actually live with an old friend and pay my way with cooking
>>
>>1179040
Subway not metro.
>>
>>1178920
Yes. There are practitioners of Black magic who can make your wallet disappear!
>>
>>1179420
No i mean metro north railroad. I live just a little north of white plains
>>
>>1179428
Black magic = niggers nigging
>>
>>1178931
>>1178995
>>1179004
>>1179340
I'm from LA and was considering on going out there for New Years, pros/cons? I found a flight for 700 round trip, so I'd just need to consider food and a place to stay. (Most likely meeitng up with a friend).
>>
>>1179961
>700 round trip
That isnt a good deal at all. Check skiplagged
>>
Depends. It's not always a snowy postcard paradise or whatever. Lots of times it's just cold and the previous storm's sludgy black slush is all that's leftover. Plus the whole area down by Rockefeller center becomes a huge clusterfuck of people trying to see that stupid tree.
>>
File: 1385924797783.png (143KB, 305x348px) Image search: [Google]
1385924797783.png
143KB, 305x348px
>>1178920

Not when you're there alone.
>>
>>1179967
Not OP, but for my upcoming flight I found that Skiplagged was actually more expensive than other booking sites. I'm talking $150-200 more expensive.
>>
>>1180025
Wow its always been the polar opposite for me. I guess check a variety of sites but 9 times out of 10 skiplagged is GOAT for cheap flights
>>
>>1180026
To be fair, I also think it depends on where you live, where you're going, when you're going, and whether it's domestic or international.

And I was talking Canadian dollars earlier, so that's actually $75-150 in real dollars.
>>
It's fun. I always tell people it's better to come here during the winter than during the summer. The cold the lights the people, I hate touristy stuff but I love it during Christmastime.
>>
>>1178920
New York isn't as magical as people say it is. Paris was, not sure if this is still the case. To be honest I'd suggest a town in Bavaria or Switzerland, maybe rural Scandinavia. If you're looking for a magical Christmas experience you likely won't find it in a city, least of all in the overrated bore of a city that is NYC.
>>
>>1180025

Has anyone tried asaptickets.com? There adverts show quite cheap fares and they try to get you to call them.
>>
>>1180182
NYC is not overrated lol
>>
>>1181072
>t. someone who has never lived in or been to NYC
>>
>>1178920

Have you ever been in a really crowded bar where you have to push through people to get to the bathroom? Well, picture that, but on the street. And you want to go in any of the famous shops? Enjoy standing in lines around the block...just to get through the door. Yes, it's pretty, but insanely crowded.
>>
>>1181992
>>1181994
>>1181992 What are you on about? Have you ever been there? I mean Iive in a decently sized city and NYC is still fun as hell every time I've been there. You can do anything, see a lot of cool shit, architecture is ok, pizza is $1. Lots of smart people and chill foreigners stopping through, etc. >>1181994 Try leaving times square pleb. Anyone stupid enough to be conned into going to a "famous shops" is gonna be waiting for a while. This is how it works in every city.
>>
>>1182016
Residential architecture in NYC is awesome in my opinion, nowhere else in the US to my knowledge do you have such density (midrise and highrise apartments all over the place, even far from Lower/Midtown Manhattan).
>>
>>1181992
I go to NYC all the time and have a lot of fun.
>>
File: Layer 0.png (968KB, 1306x860px) Image search: [Google]
Layer 0.png
968KB, 1306x860px
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.