[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where should I go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 57058a9e150000ee010b438c.jpg (81KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
57058a9e150000ee010b438c.jpg
81KB, 630x420px
>hooked up with free round-trip Delta tickets
>can go anywhere Delta flies
>kind of new to international travel but trying to break my shell

I'm interested in crazy out of the way stuff, like nature in the middle of nowhere, strange places nobody's heard of like Turkmenistan or Tajikistan, or West Papua. I kbow Delta might not fly there, but if /trv/ had minimum cash for connecting flights or luxuries, where would you guys go?
>>
>kind of new to international travel but trying to break my shell

Thailand or India for baby's first RealTravelerâ„¢ destination.
>>
How much credit do you have?

I came back to India for the seventh time using $1100 in Delta Dollars. Round-trip from Chicago was about $850. Only reason I came here was because I was sick of my job and knew I could get by in Delhi or Mumbai. Otherwise I'd have flown to Brazil, Egypt, or Tanzania.

Not sure if you'd be able to get by with Turkmenistan or Tajikistan. The visa for the latter would be much easier to obtain, unless Ashgabat changed its rules and made the process simpler. However, I don't think Delta has direct routes which go too close to either country. Finding an affordable fare with them to India was a pain in the ass. Most of their flights were $100-$500 over my credit limit.

Really, it just depends on what you're into. Most people haven't heard of most places. Eastern Europe is fun, especially if you haven't traveled much - it's not terribly exotic but is easy to navigate and cheap. I liked Serbia and Bosnia/Herzegovina a lot.

If you fly somewhere like India or the UAE, you should be able to get round-trip tickets to much of Africa and SEA for dirt-cheap from there.
>>
>>1178459

>I'm interested in crazy out of the way stuff, like nature in the middle of nowhere, strange places nobody's heard of like Turkmenistan or Tajikistan, or West Papua.

My choices for you:
1. Liberia (Monrovia)
2. Venezuela (Caracas)

Haha goodluck.
>>
Try Mongolia, sounds like your cup of tea. It's vast and empty.
>>
>>1178538
Tbh I'm considering Africa, they have some flights to Congo and Uganda I'm interested in. Also Kiev, to drive east, but my work might put me in Europe soon so I'll wait and see first.

But yeah, totally looking at Africa.
>>
>>1178593
>Congo
OP, I know this might seem hyperbole but you WILL die if you've never really been abroad and go to the fucking Congo by yourself. If you want Africa, I'd say anything Kenya-Tanzania-Zambia-Angola and further to the south is alright. Though it's still Africa.
You'll note how 3 of those countries border the DRC.
>>
>>1178631
>>1178593
>you will die
maybe not that. But imagine getting robbed and beaten up on day 1. Maybe even on your way from the airport. That'd sort of ... spoil the rest of the trip.
>>
>>1178631

this desu, better off going to Kenya to see obamas homeland, maybe go to Ethiopia too
>>
>>1178593
I've never been to Uganda but I have the impression it would be an endurable place even for a newbie traveler. A friend of mine spent a lot of time there when she was a little girl; has lots of happy memories of the place.
>>
>>1178631
>Angola
Wut. It's still quite sketchy.

Maybe you meant Namibia ?
>>
>>1178688
>It's still quite sketchy.
Cabinda has always been sketchy, but why on Earth would anyone go there? And Luanda is a big city in Africa. You should always mistrust everyone in big cities in Africa. Aside from that? Just as trustworthy as Zambia or Namibia. The only difficult thing is getting in, but I had the luck of knowing a couple of Angolans.

OP, if you really feel like going to this particular bit of Africa (which you shouldn't, there's plenty more beautiful and more easily reachable to see), do brush up on your Portuguese. Nobody outside Luanda speaks *any* English.
>>
Kiribati it's literally in bumfuck nowhere look it up on Google earth
>>
>>1178699
Sorry I was tired and being mean, if you've never traveled internationally and are from the states you should try India. I would recommend Kolkata for the artistic and cultural experience it provides. Up north has the fair skinned Indians but there's not a lot there, the south especially Kerala has a lot of environmental beauty. Don't under any circumstances visit juhu beach in Mumbai
>>
>>1178696
I work in a company which routinely sends us to various parts of the world (Africa is on the rise due to economic opportunities btw).

A workmate went to Luanda and shit was crazy apparently. It was ok on the seaside and "newish" city. However, as soon as you go a little inland, it was very uncomfortable as in, people literally glued at your car window if your car slows down and you're on the phone, very aggressive beggars, lots of fights breaking out in the streets.

She went out of the car to get a bottle of water and like 10 people from the top of a hill ran toward her hurling something at her and ran after the car for a good minute. They were not bumlike or anything.

Apparently, it's from the civil war where the "dog eats dog" mentality became very prevalent and left Angolans with a fairly violent and short tempered environment.

It was something like 4 years ago. Maybe it has changed but recent tales of Luanda were not very uplifting. I'd recommend going to Namibia or Kenya a million times.

> Bonus tip
Angolans speak excellent Portuguese, extremely similar to what people speak in Portugal. They don't have a heavy accent as Nigerians or Ghaneans would have in English.
>>
>>1178631
The reason I'm considering the Congo is just bragging rites on Uganda: There's a national park that offers tours on the border, which early cartographers thought was the highest point in Africa and part of a chain of mountains that went from coast to coast. Heart of Darkness type mythology, plus my friend is an anthropology major and I'm into politics: We constantly meme about Katanga, which I believe is the Congolese province that borders it. I have traveled abroad to Sonora and Chile so I know a little. If I do some crazy shit it'll be after I get a trusted tour guide, nothing sketchy.

>>1178588
I want to go, but no direct flights. My job might take me to Europe soon, and if so I'll be saving for the Mongol Rally in a few years.

>>1178702
Possibly considering a connecting flight to Leh, I've always wanted to see Dharamsalah and the Tibetan exile government.

>>1178703
Angola is pretty much impossible to visit. Zero tourism
>>
>>1178706
Leh is highly recommended. Stay away from Kashmir unless you're a seasoned local though
>>
>>1178706
>We constantly meme about Katanga, which I believe is the Congolese province that borders it
Well, it wouldn't have hurt to check a map, because it doesn't. Katanga is in the South of the country and is maybe the most prosperous province of the country (based Moise Katumbi, greatest guvnor). It's still difficult to get around for a non-French speaker and Africa newcomer.

What actually borders Uganda is North Kivu. This province among other things has seen in the last decades about 6 million dead killed by shelling, small firearms, rapes by the millions, ethnic cleansing and all this kind of jolly stuff. The remaining genociders from Rwanda still roam this land. And all this violence keeps going.
You can go through it, but if it's your first time in such an environment, I wouldn't recommend it at all.
>>
>>1178706

>DRC

Dude go to the catalog and check for the previous motorbike thread (a french guy and a belgian) and take a read of it. There are a number of posters that have worked in the Congo before and know what it is really like, because you wont get much information on here.

In essence its emphatically not a tourist destination, read what they have to say about corruption and instability.

While its possible to travel through there, your not going to have a good time. You will be battling corrupt police wherever you go, you will be getting harassed for money wherever you go, transport is unreliable, bandits in many parts of the country & anti-white racism (No, this is not a pol tier thing, it actually happens).

If your planning to go on a group tour once your there, that might be fine because they have local guides and people to deal with local beaurocracy, but they might be a bit costly.

>The reason I'm considering the Congo is just bragging rites on Uganda

You get points for being a real traveler though.
>>
>>1178459
For babby's first trip, I'd recommend a similar country to your own. Assuming you're American, try Canada or England.
>>
Out of the Delta route map, the most adventurous is probably Lagos. The one I would choose to go to on a free ticket is Taipei, although if the connection to Hong Kong were covered, I'd include that also.

If I had a free round-trip ticket to anywhere with regularly scheduled air service, I think I would pick American Samoa, just because it is the remaining US Territory with a civilian population that I haven't visited.
>>
I definitely would avoid Costa Rica. It is an expensive rip off all the way, and even including the departure tax.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.