[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

America Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: my-map.png (416KB, 924x616px) Image search: [Google]
my-map.png
416KB, 924x616px
America thread.

Map is me, all recreational travel, stops in all major towns. Home is Jacksonville, Florida. Ask me anything.
>>
>>1178408
Proposed travel or travel you have already done?
>>
>>1178411
Travel I have already done. I really should get off the continent
>>
>>1178413

but you missed out on Alaska and Hawaii, your work is not done yet
>>
>>1178415
I might plan for Alaska next year, but seeing French Canada this year really got me excited to see other countries.
>>
>tfw one day I want to do the continuous 48 states
>visa from E European country, time and cost would prohibit me

Anyway, friend.

How long did it take?
Did everything by car?
Alone?
Happy with your achievement, best/worst moments?
>>
What is the best place to get snus in Florida?
>>
Brit here,

Have a week long business trip to Little Rock, Arkansas, Any suggestions to what I should I do in the evenings and on the weekends?

Thats a hefty trip OP, but what about Hawaii and Alaska?
>>
By the way, vast majority of this is 4 one month road trips I've taken, always in the fall. A lot of overlap on many of the trips. You may be able to tell Colorado is a frequent destination.

>>1178454
>How long did it take?
Most of it was done in 4 months as said above.

>Did everything by car?
Every last bit. I usually sleep in the car too. Only time I've gotten hotels or hostels is for New York City.

>Alone?
I meet up with friends and family across the country, but most of it is alone. Most people don't like what I like to do in cities. I walk all day and they get tired and bitch, so when I do meet up with people, I just let them make the agenda.

>Happy with your achievement, best/worst moments?
Yeah, it's given me a bit of perspective and a lot of memories. Wish I had more stories, but good stories usually come out of bad times.

Best moments are many. Big Sur, Colorado Sand Dunes, North and South Dakota Badlands, fall in New England. Staying in that New York City hostel, being invited to a house party in Quebec, every moment in New Orleans (I'm a jazz pianist).

Worst moments? There's a few, but arrested for minor possession of pot in Texas stands out above the rest. Actually met great people for the 24 hours they held me, but the whole thing was stressful and expensive and utter bullshit.

>>1178571
>What is the best place to get snus in Florida?
Gainesville probably has some hipster high quality snus.

>>1178576
>Have a week long business trip to Little Rock, Arkansas, Any suggestions to what I should I do in the evenings and on the weekends?
I like the specific question. Unfortunately I didn't find much to do in Little Rock and didn't stay for the evening. It's pretty small. North a while is some beautiful rolling hills. Eureka Springs is a great little town 3 or 4 hours away for the weekend. It's probably the better Arkansas experience. Memphis is also close if you want something large and lively.
>>
>>1178705
Unfortunately, I don't get the weekend, I get my week of training and head back to the UK.

Also do you not wish you had traveled around somewhere else, like across Europe or no regrets?
>>
I liked Asheville, North Carolina.
It's a mix of hillbilly and punk. folkpunk?
Was at this motel and some redneck guy asked to use my refrigerator because his wasn't working. So then he brought all of his buddies who were all mechanics and we had a tailgate party with beer and bratwurst in the parking lot right outside my motel room. Then they gave me a free oil change and fixed my car up. Didn't even know it had problems.
Walking around the city you could see thru-hikers out and about with dreadlocks and hiking sticks, and every corner had a homeless punkabilly dude screaming on a banjo while some old lady smacked some spoons together and it was beautiful.
And the Smokies are pretty nice too. Said hello to a baby black bear on a hike up Mt. LeConte.
>>
>>1178907
>do you not wish you had traveled around somewhere else, like across Europe or no regrets?

I plan to. I'm young, 26, and having a promising future in IT, so my thinking was it made sense to do the cheaper travel (car sleeping american road trip) until I have enough for more expensive travel (airplane tickets, so on).
>>
>>1178909
I liked Asheville, North Carolina.
Yeah, it's the closest thing the east coast has to Boulder. I actually hitchhiked and did the homeless thing in Asheville for a month. Town use to be a hitchhiker raging town before they started cracking down a year or two ago. It's not illegal to have a non neutered dog, which makes some hitchhikers think twice before coming. Locals are always very friendly and interesting. Glad you had an amazing time.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.