[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Connecticut, USA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Heya /trv/,
my ma's going to have some training in the US from the company she's working for and decided to take me and my father along, we'll be staying at Fairfield, Connecticut for 10 days and will fly there this weekend.
We're from Indonesia and we've never been to the US before and have no idea where to go other than visiting New York and Massachusetts.
Do you guys have any recommendations of nearby places to visit? I kinda like visiting military/science museums or historical places, my ma loves shopping while my dad is interested in badminton.
So far our plan is to visit New York, Quincy Market, and I'm also interested in visiting HP Lovecraft's grave in Providence, RI.
And any do's and don'ts will be highly appreciated, and what's the easy way to get a sim card?

Thanks in advance guys!
>>
>>1178195
>I kinda like visiting military/science museums
Maybe hit up West Point. You will need to bring identification though (Passport and Visa), they are pretty tight on that. It is in Orange County about an hour drive from Fairfield. I'm not sure how mobile you will be seeing as you're from another country and all.

Westchester, NY is the closest county in NY to Fairfield, CT. It is also the county directly above NYC. There are plenty of historical sites to see there. Many famous families in American history have estates there: Rockefellers, Astors, Vanderbilts. Sleepy Hollow is also there if you want to check it out. Seeing as you're interested in Lovecraft's grave I thought you might be interested in that. There isn't much to Sleepy Hollow besides spots like the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, Old Dutch Church, and Patriot's Park though.

Here is a link of things to do in Westchester http://www.visitwestchesterny.com/index.php/things-to-do

There are historical trails you can follow in both NY and Massachusetts if that's your style. The freedom trail is a path in Boston that will lead you through Quincy Market, the Commons, Faneuil Hall, and other cool sites. Here is a link for that
http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/
Boston Museum of Science will be good if you're interested in science. The NYC Hall of Science seems to be geared towards kids so I would ignore that. The Franklin Institute would also be a good shout, but it is down in Philly which might be out of your way. The Charles Hayden Planetarium in Boston Museum of Science and the Hayden Planetarium in the American Museum of Natural History in NYC would also be cool to check out.

The northeast is teeming with historical sites, not just the museums.
Also, for shopping, the area you will be staying in will have a lot of premium outlets.

I go to school in Boston, but live in NY so I pretty much only know about what to do in those two areas. Hopefully someone else can chime in for the other areas.
>>
>>1178195
Plan a day trip to New Haven for Italian American food, particularly sub type sandwiches and clam pizza at a joint called Pepe's. New Haven is as legit an Italian American place as NYC, South Philly and parts of the Jersey Shore.
>>
OP here, sorry I just came back from my campus. They blocked access to 4chan and I couldn't reply on time.

>>1178223
>http://www.visitwestchesterny.com/index.php/things-to-do
oooh damn that's interesting, I'll be sure to check it out, gracias.
And ah yes West Point museum, my friend who used to stay in DC recommended me that as well, I keep forgetting to add it into my list.
As for the transportation, we're planning to rent a car as all of us can drive (although I can only do automatics) and my father already received his international driving permit.

>>1178224
neato, does the pizza contain any pork products? me and my family are [spoiler]muslims[/spoiler] so we can neither drink nor eat porks.
Although if I have to be honest I wouldn't mind eating them as I won't be visiting the US again in the next coupla years so I bet it's gonna be worth it, but my parents might not feel the same way. Thanks!

And how's the weather/temperature over there around this time compared to summertime London? I went to London last year for my summer course and despite it's "summer", it was still too damn cold for me I had to wear some extra layer of clothings.
>>
>>1178260
Not him, but I can answer some questions.
>neato, does the pizza contain any pork products? me and my family are [spoiler]muslims[/spoiler] so we can neither drink nor eat porks.
Here is a link for a menu for a Pepe's resturant where you're staying: http://pepespizzeria.com/2015-rev/Menu-16/2015-FF-Menu.php
Their signature dish doesn't look like it has pork
>>
>>1178478
Stay away from pepperoni on pizza. It's a chicken/pork sausage.
>>
>>1178260
The clam pizza does not have pork in it. And if you hit an Italian American place for sub sandwiches there are non-pork options. A chicken parm sub is a totally American classic. So is a roast beef sub. Just stay away from the meatballs and the cold cut combo, because they will contain pork. If you get away from your parents and want to cheat some serious haram deliciousness would be the cold cut combo, sausage and peppers and porketta sandwiches. (Italian Americans are fond of pork, and do it well).
>>
OP here, the immigration officers barred me from entering in because the embassy issued me the wrong visa (C1/D instead of B2). Fuck my life, how long does it usually take for the US embassy in Singapore (I applied my visa there) to take care of this issue?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.