[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ola /trv/, I'm taking my boyfriend on a surprise trip for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

Ola /trv/,

I'm taking my boyfriend on a surprise trip for his 21st birthday in a fortnights time – looking for some fun/unique stuff to do for 11 hours in Singapore and overnight in Hong Kong.

Money is no object, so if you've got any ideas let me know!

So I am going to tell him we have to visit my uncle in Sydney– then once we get to Sydney Airport, I'll tell him we're going to Hong Kong First Class!

Basic Itinerary below...

>Depart SYD 16:10
>SYD to SIN 17th via SQ Suites
>Arrive SIN 21:20
11 hours free in this gap, my only plan is to have a cigar and gin & tonic on top of marina bay sands. Anything else we could do in these odd hours would be appreciated.
>Depart SIN 8:25
>SIN to HKG 18th via SQ Suites
>Arrive HKG 12:25
Rolls Royce Phantom pick up for a bit of a cruise and then taken to Ritz Carlton to check into room (got one the 117th floor! Very excited about this!). After that I have no ideas about what to do in Hong Kong.
>Depart HKG 19:05
>HKG to ADL via CX Business
>Arrive ADL

HELPFUL HINTS...
We do like to party, but also just do things that are very unique and will be very memorable. Like the "crazier" the better. I am 21yo Australian, and he is Dutch.

We're both on pretty hectic schedules hence the short trip– but are used to a fast pace so if you think we can do it, recommend it please!
>>
>>1177898
Jesus– I'd like to be your boyfriend.
>>
>>1177898
Can I have some money
>>
>>1177898
Trying not to judge but you sound kind of awful OP.

Not even trying to RealTravellerTM here but there's the concept of 'just being' that you need to figure out. You can't make experiences happen, especially unique experiences with just money alone.

Drinking G&Ts while jet setting, smoking cigars and renting expensive cars is all well and good but you don't need any kind of travel advice to do that.

Whatever vacation you want is basically already on yelp with all the stars maxed out.

Like why are you going to Hong Kong? Do you like suits? Or hiking? Or cantonese food? Do you want to talk to locals about yellow umbrellas or go hang out in some half assed cyberpunk cafe?

If you want flagrant displays of wealth for the sake of it, just do the world a favor by staying home and make some abbo fight a huntsman spider for money.
>>
>>1177981
I'm trying to plan an extravagant getaway for my partner's 21st and I only have 60 hours of so to do it. I happen to have made good money because I work hard so I don't mind spending it.

Don't take my desire to experience things that may be expensive (but very unique and fun) to make me sound like a narcissist.

Singapore and Hong Kong are two of the closest destinations from that I can get to from Australia without much trouble.

I don't want to just travel around for the sake of spending money– but if I've got money to spend, so I want to make the experience the best I can. If that happens to be a hike and then some food from the local market, so be it. If it means flying a helicopter around Hong Kong, landing on a superyacht for lunch and then speedboating back to a Rolls Royce for a drive around the island, so be it.

I'm not saying I necessarily want to spend lots of money – but if it means I can do something that others can't do, then I am all for it.
>>
>>1177992
Ok fine, I unfairly judged you. But what do you want to get out of HK? Has your bf ever been there before? What are his interests?

HK is the world class city of asia, you can almost do anything there. If you've got the money to blow get a suit customed tailored on 7 dragons row and it's done in a few hours. Times may have changed that a bit. I have no idea what nightclubs are still around and worth going to.
>>
>>1177981
Oh just shut up.

There is no One True Way to travel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jJIVK-daGk
>>
>>1177898
Gin and tonic instead of a Singapore Sling? C'mon now OP...
>>
Why not stay in Singapore? You'll spend less time in an airplane and it won't feel so rushed
>>
>>1177999
He likes travelling– which I know sounds vague but I'm sure he'll like the flights. As for other things, he does like fitness in general and I suppose just trying new things in general.

Is there anything you can do in Hong Kong that you cannot do anywhere else in the world. I would be really interested in something like that.

>>1178034
I've had my fair share of Singapore Slings, and I just can't handle the pulp. I can't do it!

>>1178039
He was just in Singapore last week – and I don't think he's been to Hong Kong. Though honestly I'm not sure, and I can't ask him or he'll get suspicious!
>>
>>1177992
Assuming you are around the same age, what do you do for that 'good' money?

Sounds like daddy's money t.b.h senpai or you actually can't afford it - which is different to actually being able to pay for it
>>
>tfw 23
>I never had the cash to do a travel alone until recently
>much less had a grill that used daddy's money to pay for a trip to me

Such is life in the third world I guess
>>
>>1178419
>>1178426
Wow grow the fuck up. Jesus Christ s Woman is posting on the board!!!! 111oneone
>>
>>1178445
>>1178426
You guys are just assuming OP is a woman.

OP could be a gay man, for all we know.
>>
I think this is some kind of 7th dimension authistic bait. Honestly people who spend money like that get things done by professionals and dont ask for advice on a burmese bullfrog grooming forum.
>>
>>1178419
I made an app and sold it to a US company in Feb –if you are Australian it's likely you would have heard of it in the press. Unfortunately for me my Daddy lives off my money!

>>1178426
See above.

>>1178451
This guy knows it.

>>1178455
See >>1177992
>>
File: 20161019_134402.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161019_134402.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>1178455
>on a burmese bullfrog grooming forum

Thank you, friend, for making me laugh to tears. I've read quite a few of these, but this is by far the best one. The one about tapestry weaving and Taiwanese children drawings were also good.

Anyway. Dubs are thoroughly checked.

>I am 21yo Australian
As one guy said, what in the blue hell could you be doing to save this amount of money in such a short period of time.
>>
since some are doubting you are 4chan material, take him to a whore house in Hong Kong. To really fuck with his mind, take him to a ladyboy whorehouse!!!! LMAO
>>
>>1178458
See >>1178419

>>1178458
Ladyboy's definitely know how to party– though is there any ladyboy's in Hong Kong? This might actually be quite funny.
>>
Real talk: use some judgement on the flights, apparently the suites don't have much in the way of soundproofing and Singapore isn't very tolerant of homosexuality.
>>
>>1178464
This is a bit awkward to say – but they managed to suffice for me and rentboy about 6 months ago. That said there was nobody else in the cabin...

Once you tick the 'Do Not Disturb' button though you are safe from the staff.

But I do appreciate your concern (very rarely say that on 4chan).
>>
>>1178465
Yeah brah it's kind of expected that stuff goes on in there but if your noise gets out it could be heard by some fundamentalism imam, opportunistic politician, sensitive mother etc. I remember reading a while back about people getting offended hearing hetero couples going at it, in your case it could lead to more than just indignation.

Tbh tho this thread still seems like b8, if it you're serious just go ask your butler or the concierge at the ritz to suggest some things to do. This board is backpackers, neets and normies, nobody is going to know anything about how to live the high life.
>>
>>1178456
Damn, that was pretty ignorant of me. Either way, I still don't think who's money you're spending is relevant. Glad you've made it though, dude. Life must be good.
>>
>>1178468
I've been lurking on /trv/ for a while and sometimes I find some gems, so I thought that may be the case here – but don't you worry, we'll have plenty of fun with or without the help of /trv/.

>>1178469
Think of a problem that exists today that people would pay for to solve. Make the solution. Sell the solution to a million people. That's how you make money in this world.
>>
>>1177981
Holy shit you are pretentious.
>>
>>1177898
I don't want to sound like a underachieving NEET but... you really sound like you want to check the "weatlhy lifestyles like they show in the movie" boxes on this trip. I can't help but it feels a lil' bit soulless.
Is Dan Bilzerian kind of your hero or something ?

> Singapore
Not much crazy to do at night, SP ain't a lively city. Hit up the high rise restaurant in Raffles city tower, fantastic view, great cocktail and high dining as well.

> HK
I guess you want to hit up several clubs in Lan Kwai Fong, they have all the usual party places you'd think about (vodka bar where you wear pelt furs, clubs 100+ stories high, etc...).

During the day, go to Stanley to rent a boat and cruise around.
>>
>>1178465
>rentboy
> 21

You're weird af, OP
>>
>>1178496
See>>1177992

>>1178497
Was in the closest at the time, for context.
>>
Swiftly hijacking the thread, I have a day-long transfer in HK soon, and my knowledge of the city dates back to Shenmue 2.
My plane is landing at 7:00am, and leaving at 9:30pm, any ideas about stuff that could be done in that time frame ? I don't intent to blow much money, maybe some cheap camera gear or some >>>/g/csg/ items.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.