[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Things You'd like To Do / Shit You'd Like To See.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 22

File: 23brunispan-1-jumbo.jpg (227KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
23brunispan-1-jumbo.jpg
227KB, 1024x683px
ITT: Things You'd like To Do / Shit You'd Like To See.
>>
File: 460718861.jpg (45KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
460718861.jpg
45KB, 640x360px
Go shopping in Ginza:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiplLUBb0J8
>>
ur mom lol
>>
File: volcano-01.jpg (126KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
volcano-01.jpg
126KB, 720x480px
>>1177753
This here.
>>
To repllace a post without pic ---

Pic related.

I admit that there is a small amount of travel dick-sizing points that I'd like to have, but I also really would like to see that part of the would -- time spent in Alaska and Iceland was beautiful, might as well go see the ultimate LOOK AT ALL THAT IVE spot.

Plus, my brother worked on a documentary that was nominated for an Oscar but beat out by March of the Penguins. I'd like to go flip off a bunch of penguins in his honor.
>>
/trv/ get, the easiest get of them all.
>>
File: 1435480524636.gif (208KB, 354x534px) Image search: [Google]
1435480524636.gif
208KB, 354x534px
>>1177777
nice digits
>>
>>1177778
Frankly, I can barely take pride in them /trv/ is so slow...

But I do thank you for your kind words. Safe travels, my friend.
>>
File: tmp_14955-Shenzhen-199237326.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_14955-Shenzhen-199237326.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Shenzhen because it's cyberpunk as fuck.
>>
Go to the Day of the Dead parade in Mexico.
Chase wild pigs in New Zealand
Rooftop parkour in Santorini, Lviv, Brighton and London UK, Beijing, Rio de Janeiro, and Mardin Turkey
Get lost in Tokyo drunk on sake and having to crash in a Capsule
Ride the iron ore train in Mauritania
Float down the Mekong on a tube high on shrooms in Laos
Camp out at the Darvaza Gate to Hell and hunt scorpions in Turkmenistan
Go to Tibet without a fucking tour group
Hitchhike across the United States
Find a qt uncut husbando while backpacking somewhere someday :(
Go to Cuba and Myanmar before too many tourists
>>
Anywhere that's important historically or currently.
>>
>>1177753
I'd like to do a really hot caramel skinned North Indian bitch.

I'd like to see Pyongyang with my own eyes.
>>
>>1177895
You do know that the day of the dead festival in Mexico isn't a tradition, right? They lifted the idea from the latest James Bond movie. This is the first year they've even had one.

I ended up doing the 4th one down the list and ended up getting in a sketchy situation with some Nigerians that didn't pan out well.

Myanmar is a beautiful country that is changing fast. It is quite possibly my favorite country i've visited. Go now.
>>
Go on a freighter cruise, probably in the Carribean.
Take the Denmark/Faroe/Iceland ferry.
Go to glorious nippon (and specifically spend a couple thousand bucks in Akihabara alone).
Take the ferry from Japan and chill around Busan.
Go on a museum ship road trip on the american east coast (will probably do it next late spring).

Did I mention I like boats
>>
>>1177753
Sail across the ocean.
Hunt big game around the world.
Ride across the Mongolian steppes.
Go to the open air market in Kashgar.

That's about it for me now. Maybe live in the Netherlands and learn Dutch at some point.
>>
>>1177931
More about sketchy Nigerians please.
>>
File: bond.jpg (6KB, 195x259px) Image search: [Google]
bond.jpg
6KB, 195x259px
>>1177931
This is not really correct. It was not a nation-wide tradition, it was confined mostly to southern parts of the country and some neighboring countries, before spreading across the rest of Mexico. Originally the northern part of the Church hierarchy saw it as too much of an attempt to shoe-horn tribal religions into a Catholic celebration, and fought against it.

What part, if any, James Bond played in that I don't know -- but the custom predates Mr. Bond by several centuries.
>>
>See the Northern Lights
>Ride across Yellowstone park on horseback
>Explore any early 20th century abandoned insane asylum
>Niagara Falls
>Monument Valley
>>
I'd like to visit all of the different Disney Parks (so far I've only been to Disney World and Land).

Visit Europe to see some castles

Drive a VW Bus all across America

Visit a Black Sand beach

I'm not much of a Real Travelerâ„¢
>>
>>1178620
>I'd like to visit all of the different Disney Parks (so far I've only been to Disney World and Land).

I don't get the appeal of this too much, what do you like about it ? Not judging you, really, I'm genuinely asking.

I mean, to me, it's a completely artificial environment, 100% designed to rip you off and with nothing especially unique to the local theme parks besides the theme of the rides that change, which are loosely related to the country they're located in on top of that.
I can get it if it's in the same country because it's not too expensive/inconvenient, but traveling to Japan or France to go to the local Disney franchise (either exclusively or spend 2 or 3 days) instead of enjoying the unique country where it's located is very foreign to me.
>>
Most of the stuff on my list are pretty stupid, but fug you I wanna do them.

>see the giant Buddha statue in Lantau Island
>check out Comike in Japan
>try as many donuts as I can at the Big Apple Donuts & Coffee shop in Malaysia
>go to a Mister Donut shop in Japan
>try out at least one exclusive regional menu item at every foreign McDonald's
>try out one of the Capsule Hotels
>take a shit out of a moving locomotive
>go to UK and/or Sweden at all just to see how bad it really is
>go to South Korea for the 2018 Pyeongchang winter Olympics
>go to Japan for the 2020 Tokyo summer Olympics
>go to a New Orleans crawfish boil
>communicate in a non-English speaking country without using any English at all
>visit every continent
>go to Disneyland while wearing clothes that vaguely resemble the attire of a Disney character
>>
>>1179074
>>try out at least one exclusive regional menu item at every foreign McDonald's

hahaha I do this too
>>
>Take a tour of Central Asia, see cities like Bukhara, Samarkand, and Khiva and maybe go in the Pamir Highway
>Camp, hike, or bike in Himachal Pradesh
>Visit Tblisi and Georgia in general

>tfw not white or chinese so travelling is awkward as fuck for me even though it shouldn't be.
>>
>>1179119
>>Take a tour of Central Asia, see cities like Bukhara, Samarkand, and Khiva and maybe go in the Pamir Highway
It's very easy, and transportation is cheap and convenient. The sights are fucking incredible, Khiva being my favorite city in the country.

There isn't much holding you back, I did it in 13 days and had some time to slack around
> mfw when I stayed 2 days at a local park in Tashkent to play chess with old geezers
>>
>>1179074

Nothing is stupid, just a lot of jerks online that are souless and get their enjoyment from putting ithers down.

If you go to Japan, please consider:

miyajima, for the shrine and maybe see a tanuki
fox village
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1023408-d7388189-Reviews-Miyagi_Zao_Fox_Village-Shiroishi_Miyagi_Prefecture_Tohoku.html

See a tanuki
>>
File: placestogo.png (105KB, 1357x441px) Image search: [Google]
placestogo.png
105KB, 1357x441px
Everything on this list in its entirety
>>
>>1177792
Was there for 10 days for business, weird place

Insane to think how fast the place has grown. The train station is the size of a huge airport
>>
>>1179296
I was in Miyagima recently and I can assure you it's a tourist shithole at this point. Hordes of Chinese and Australian tourists everywhere, probably the worst experience of my trip to Japan.
>>
Banging a russian/ukrainian hooker in a dirty Manama hotel.
>>
>>1177895
>Go to the Day of the Dead parade in Mexico.

haha what
>>
>>1179074
>go to UK and/or Sweden at all just to see how bad it really is

lmao what
>>
>>1179784
Go towards the evening. I found visiting the tourist spots around late afternoon or early early morning to be the best.

Golden Pavillion sucks btw at any time of the day
>>
>>1179784

That's what makes worth seeing. Over commercialized? what isn't anymore
>>
>>1179784
>Nothing is stupid, just a lot of jerks online that are souless and get their enjoyment from putting (o)thers down.
>>
File: ilwInYNxyskGnUX-1600x900-noPad.jpg (191KB, 962x541px) Image search: [Google]
ilwInYNxyskGnUX-1600x900-noPad.jpg
191KB, 962x541px
Visit pic related before the Comunist Party genocides the place.
>>
>Bike up the west-coast of Norway.
>Snort Colombian cocaine.
>Tokyo, especially the crazy arcade district.
>Follow the silk road through Asia.
>See Everest, maybe base camp.
>Bang every type of chick (colour combinations, ethnicity..)
>Trans-sexual railway (the russian one)
>Backpack west-coast of Australia and chill at Byron Bay a bit.
>Eat Mexican street food.
>Surf on all continents (3 missing, 4 if we count Antarctica)

Probably tonnes of other stuff, but this comes to mind
>>
>>1180919
Oops, east-coast Australia.
>>
Anywhere with lots of snow. I've been longboarding and surfing my entire life, I just want to know what's it like to bail on snow.
On concrete you're going straight to destination fucked, on sea it's not that bad - maybe you'll get some water in your nose or ears (or you could just straight up fucking die if you hit your head with something or if the waves are too strong you drown).
I imagine snow is a bad mix of both scenarios? Snow in your nose and shit?
>>
>>1177777
this is my favorite board. checked
>>
Chill on beaches in Spain
Visit tokyo (again) for the 2020 olympics
>go to Venice
>go to a small city in france and bike around
>>
File: 20160201_153321.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160201_153321.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1180919
if you've ever snorted cocaine then it probably came from columbia sir.
>>1180922
Depending on what you are doing on snow(snowboarding) it can be fairly chill and pain free. It's hard on the body though, especially if you're a newbie. You'll probably spend most of your day on your ass or falling, but the falls mostly don't hurt if the snow is fresh and soft. If it's hard pact snow or if you fall while at high speeds then you're in for some pain. Snow can also be very unpredictable, you never know what might be under a thin layer of snow or behind a small jump. Could hit a rock or fall off a fuckin cliff.(i've done both...) It's pretty damn fun when you finally get use to it, especially when you find yourself capeable enough to do some heliboarding or fresh powder tree runs.
>>
File: CataractPass3.jpg (2MB, 4000x2248px) Image search: [Google]
CataractPass3.jpg
2MB, 4000x2248px
>>1181144
Some of my bucket list items.
>See a WRC event in finland
>Drive on every road in british columbia. Currently at 30%.
>Do one huge circular road trip around north america starting in british columbia. Move down the west coast until I get to mexico then head up the east coast of america until I get all the way to newfoundland. Then drive across the trans canada highway.
>Witness some volcanic activity in Iceland, or just have a beer beside an epic waterfall.
>Visit a Trappist monk brewery
>Take the ferry from Port hardy to prince rupert B.C. Check out all of the Fjordlands. Then visit Haida Gwaii while I'm up there.
>Drive around the Alps. Visit Chamomix, that tunnel where a bunch of people died, The pyramid mountain thinger, that road in the end of Force Majeuire, and probably get drunk with some tourists along the way. too lazy to look up the proper names right now.
>Go on an african safari.
>Spend a few days exploring white goat park in alberta
>Hike the West Coast Trail
>>
>>1180919
Yeah, but in Europe it is not as good as the locally sourced organic fairtrade crop you get in Colombia. I hear.
>>
>>1177777
nicely done

>>1181134
only board i visit that doesn't have overtly hostile attitude
>>
I want to see Petra before some crazies decide to blow it up.
>>
Stay in a nice french hotel during the winter, definitely like in the movie Last Holiday
>>
>>1177753
Fly the northern route from Europe to America and all the way down to Ushuaia and back in my PC-6.

This will happen, all I need is to find a CoPilot with enough experience and crazy enough to do it.
>>
>>1180922
>I imagine snow is a bad mix of both scenarios? Snow in your nose and shit?
You don't get snow up your nose, helmets and goggles mostly keep your face out of the powder.

You do bruise your forearms, knees, shoulders and butt a lot. I ruptured a tendon from one impact into packed snow, kind of the same injury as shouldering a door at 30km/h.

Oh, snowboarders also break wrists too, that's why people wear wrist protectors, it stops you from landing palms out.

Mostly, snowboarders just get beat up, little bruises all over. It exhausts you by the end of the day but then you collapse into a spa back at the lodge, chill for an hour with a drink then drag yourself out in time for dinner at the bars.
>>
File: 1477204985269.jpg (816KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477204985269.jpg
816KB, 1920x1080px
>>1177895
>Get lost in Tokyo drunk on sake and having to crash in a Capsule
did this everry day for two weeks straight, i miss tokyo everyday ;_;
>>
>>1179297
share your list, pls
>>
>>1179113
>>1179074
if you do it "as a joke" it's fine, but that's a horrible way to experience local cuisine, even the day-to-day one. I avoid going to mcdonalds anywhere in the world.
>>
File: trv1.png (227KB, 1325x569px) Image search: [Google]
trv1.png
227KB, 1325x569px
>>1182516
Ok hopefully you can read all of these
>>
File: trv2.png (191KB, 1169x561px) Image search: [Google]
trv2.png
191KB, 1169x561px
>>1182956
>>
File: trv3.png (14KB, 722x330px) Image search: [Google]
trv3.png
14KB, 722x330px
>>1182957
>>
File: trv4.png (11KB, 407x427px) Image search: [Google]
trv4.png
11KB, 407x427px
>>1182958
Feel free to critique me on this list or share new places you suggest that I add.

A little background info: I began this list about a year ago. I am a broke boy and my family could not afford to send me overseas so I grew up feeling I hadn't experienced all the world has to offer. I go to university in a year and I plan on getting started with this list when I go abroad during my undergraduate study. I compiled this based on things I read on the internet and on the book "1000 places to see before you die." A few things that interest me are good architecture, particularly religious things. I like nice cathedrals old cities, museums, castles, palaces, and monuments. I also like beautiful mountains and greenery and like to hike. I want to get a good grasp on cultures from around the world, so if there's anything you suggest, have at it.
>>
File: 1459127839539.jpg (7KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1459127839539.jpg
7KB, 250x242px
Travel abroad at least once in my lifetime
>>
File: IMG-20151211-WA0001.jpg (32KB, 288x339px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151211-WA0001.jpg
32KB, 288x339px
Finding purpose in my life
>>
>>1177777
/pol/ wouldnt be happy about this one
>>
Move to japan
>>
File: 1259084487671.jpg (26KB, 304x313px) Image search: [Google]
1259084487671.jpg
26KB, 304x313px
>>1182325
fuck off
>>
File: alcazares-sevilla-A.jpg (114KB, 1030x595px) Image search: [Google]
alcazares-sevilla-A.jpg
114KB, 1030x595px
>>1184187
+1.
meanwile finding non-shit jobs, maybe back in southern spain, which is thing #2 and /trv/ related.
also shitting from a running train was good
>>
>>1177895
If you live in the states you can go to the all souls procession in Tucson. It happens a few days after the day of the dead and it's the only day of the dead parade I've ever been to, it's pretty great.

Lived in northern Mexico half my life, parades were never a thing. Maybe in small southern towns where they have a parade every other day to celebrate a saint, wedding, baptism, etc.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.