[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time it takes to get through Zürich airport

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

Hello /trv/

I am planning to travel on the 23rd of December, and have transit in Zürich

The only thing that concerns me is that the time i have to get out of the plane and over to Terminal E is merely 40 minutes

So I wonder if any of you have been there and could estimate how long it would take to get through immigration, onto the metro and into terminal E, if the amount of time I have to get to the gate in time is realistically possible(running is fine), and if this ticket I plan to buy is worth it

It would be 10pm, and I assume the amount of people might be more or less than usual due to it being a day before Christmas

Is Zürich particularly busy in general, or just fine?
I also would like some nice instructions on how to get there as fast as possible
>>
Zurich is pretty efficient, but why 40 minutes? Did you buy two separate tickets? Anyway, if you land on time, you should be out of customs, terminal train, in terminal E in about 20 minutes if everything goes smoothly.
>>
>>1177469
I would agree, 20-30mins should be ok IF everything goes smooth nonetheless it's a gamble as the 22:40 flights are the last flights before the night curfew so there's no room to wait for delayed transfer passengers.
>>
>>1177425
Zurich is a big airport, but is known as maybe the worlds most efficient airport there is.

I landed from SFO on Terminal E last week. It took me 20 minutes from my seat in the plane to my seat in the subway into the city. Including passport, baggage etc. Don't worry.
>>
>>1177469
It's on one ticket so in case i am unfortunate to get late, i would be put on the next flight
>>
>>1177692
>>1177469
>>1177473
Seems like I will be fine, and if the plane is late(which averages about 16min) i would still be fine if I run

Thanks all!
>>
What flight are you taking OP?
>>
>>1177807
LX1217
>>
>>1177735
>i would be put on the next flight

Well, the next flight with an open seat.

You are traveling right before Christmas, so there will not be as many open seats as usual -- but on the 23rd, you probably have a chance,
>>
>>1177692
I'm partial to Helsinki airport. Extremely efficient transfer. Even between Schengen and non-Schengen you can literally be at the other gate 5 minutes after getting off the first plane.
>>
>>1177811
40 minutes should be doable

What could happen, however, is that your flight could be delayed/late

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SWR1217/history/20161029/1735Z/ENGM/LSZH

Looking at this, it seems to arrive an average of 9:40-9.50pm.
However, there are some times it arrives even past 10:10pm
Bear in mind these times might just be whenever the plane touch the runway, and accounting taxiing and docking, it could quickly add 10-20 minutes of time extra before you can proceed
I could be mistaken though, and that it's the time when the plane is at the gate, which would be positive news for you

Most airports put you on a bus to the connecting flight if your former flight is late and your connecting flight is departing soon

If this requires you to contact the info-desk, I don't know. Maybe someone else could answer
>>
>>1177822
are airports particularly busy on 23rd of December?
I'd expect the opposite
>>
>>1177832
Some of the flights at FlightAware counts taxiing time, and usually display the time the plane arrived at gate
>>
>>1177833
http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2015-10-12/best-and-worst-days-for-2015-holiday-air-travel

Uh-oh!
>>
>>1177839
This is just the US though, usually relatives visiting each other
It's most likely different in Europe
>>
>>1177839
Terminal E means he is going abroad. I don't think many people travel abroad on the evening before Christmas
>>
>>1177842
Why would you think that? Do you have data, or are you just posting an opinion?
>>
>>1177842
It narrows it down pretty much to:
>Sao Paulo
>Johannesburg
>Hong Kong
>Singapore
Or
>Tel Aviv
So it's only 5 flights , dock E shouldn't be too busy at that time.
>>
>>1177844
That was mostly for just domestic flights in the US

At Christmas, people usually visit their relatives, therefore traveling from eg. West Coast to East Coast

It's different in Europe
>>
>>1177852
>different in Europe
Not since the Schengen Zone and free movement of labour it ain't. Slightly less than in America maybe, but my London office will be pretty much deserted from the 22nd/23rd of December because everyone's flying home then, or Saturday morning.
>>
>>1177854
>Switzerland
>immigrants

Also, as OP is from Norway, most immigrants take Ryanair from a different airport to travel home
>>
>>1177852
So you have no data and it was just your guess? Cool.
>>
File: 235426243523.jpg (8KB, 216x206px) Image search: [Google]
235426243523.jpg
8KB, 216x206px
>>1178028
no need to get assflustered over my experience
>>
>>1178097
Sorry if it came across that way -- my hope was that somebody had information rather than just their guess. I am having a surprisingly difficult time finding anything solid -- searches keep kicking into data about when prices are low as opposed to when airports/planes are maxed out.
>>
>>1177854
>London
>Europe
>>
>>1177469
It's quick if you have a european passport. I flew into there and it took about 30 between landing passing through customs with a non-european passport.
>>
You shouldn't have a problem
I may not have been in Zurich, but I had a layover in Schipol of just 1 hour (which turned into 50min due to delay)on the 22nd if December last year
Literally no problem at all, despite walking at normal speed through almost the entire airport
I even had time to walk past the gate to have piss break and buying myself something to drink, and even wait 5min at the gate
It wasn't any more crowded than what it usual thete at that time

I assume Zurich is even smaller and more efficient so unless the plane is REALLY late, you woud be fine with normal walking
>>
>>1178114
No need to worry
Anon is right
I seriously didn't notice much difference in one of the busiest airports in Europe >>1178283
>>
I heard there's a security check for transfer passengers from Schengen Countries too in Zürich
Is that true?
That would suck if so
>>
>>1178361
It's only a passport control for everyone that leaves to a non Schengen or enters from a non Schengen country.
>They put your passport on the NFC scanner, wait 3 sec for the green light and wish you a nice journey.

Also depending on your destination there might be a additional security check at the gate.
>Had that on flights to Israel and the USA happen.
>>
>>1178372
I mean like scanning your body and x-raying your carry on

Somebody said that on a forum, though that was many years ago

Is it like that?
>>
>>1178672
I think it's only for non-schengen countries

If you arrive from a Schengen country(Terminal A or B), you won't need to go through security check
>>
>>1178361
The security check is only if you arrive from non-Schengen into Schengen. It's like that in all European airports.
>>
You're at one of the latest departures
I don't believe Zürich would be really crowded, even at 23rd of December

If your plane is just slightly late, you should be fine getting from A to E in less than 20min. If you run, it can be even less than 10min
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.