[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First Time Thailand > Cambodia > Philippines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3477.jpg (73KB, 513x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3477.jpg
73KB, 513x499px
Hello /trv/. I'm new to this board. This is my first time backpacking and going abroad alone. I was hoping someone with a bit of experience traveling south east asia could look at my itinerary and tell me if it's sound or needs critiquing. I have about 2.5 months over there and I'm arriving in Bangkok just before the New Year.

My plan is to stay in Thailand for 30 days, Cambodia a little over week, and the Philippines for 30 days. I'd also appreciate some advice on what to pack. Thank you all very much in advance!

Rough Itinerary:

Thailand:

Bangkok – 4 days
Pattaya – 3 days
Bangkok – 1 day
Kanchanaburi – 3 days
Ayutthaya – 3 days
Lopburi – 2 days
Chiang Mai – 3 days
Chiang Dao – 2 days
Chiang Rai – 2 days
Lampang – 3 days
Sukhothai – 3 days
Bangkok – 1 days

Cambodia:

Siem Reap – 3 days
Phnom Penh – 2 days
Sihanoukville/Otres Beach – 2 days
Koh Rong – 3 days
Phnom Penh – <1 day

Philippines:

Manila – 1 day
Bohol Island – 3 days
Panglao Island – 3 days
Siquijor Island – 3 days
Cebu – 3 days
Malapascua – 4 days
Legazpi(Mayon volcano and Donsol) – 4 days
Banaue – 4 days
Boracay – 4 days
Manila – 1 day

I'll check back in about 12 hours.
>>
Manila is no fun and as much as possible stay away from it.

Some of your destinations are good but you might want to visit Palawan too. It's REALLY beautiful! Nature their is beautiful and a location of one of the 7 wonders of nature.
And don't expect too much "nature" in Boracay. Many tourist go there to party and have fun. But putting it as your last destination before going back to Manila is a good choice.

Don't forget to bring sunblock and drink many water. It's really hot here!
>>
>>1177384
Being in Thailand that long you might want to throw Isan region in there. Udon Thani, and maybe cross the border north into Vientane, Laos while you're there. Not sure why Isan never gets any love, my favorite region of Thailand
>>
>>1177426
Yeah, I've heard some good stuff about Palawan. May have cut some of the 4 days down to see it!

>>1177458
One month seems a bit too short to me to see Thailand. For some reason most forums just talk about the south/beach areas. Thanks! I'll look at the Isan region! I'll try and limit my time in Bangkok
>>
>>1177426
Why does everyone say this about Manila? I'm into cities and the only reason I would go to the Philippines is to check out Manila. Haven't been yet, but whenever I mention visiting Manila every single person has said it's terrible. I've been to India, I can handle poverty and scammers. Are they comparable ?
>>
>>1177688
It's a dump. Only decent place is the Fort/Taguig, which is generic and international.

If you like architecture, you're shit out of luck.
If you like parks and boulevards, you're shit out of luck.
If you like pedestrian streets and al fresco dining, you're shit out of luck.

It's pretty much gated communities, malls, and slums.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.