[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Israel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

I'm planning to go on a short trip (8 days) to Israel in jannuary, mainly because the flight is cheap. Is it possible/worth it to try hitchhiking from Eilat to Jerusalem? How's the generel security situation? What's cool to see? I'll be travelling with my gf, both of us are neither jewish nor arab.
>>
I'm hiding this thread preemptively to save myself from the belligerent ignorance. Hope you get answers, OP.
>>
safest country on earth, population=army

at the very least you have the guarantee you won't be sacrificed in the name of multikulti like you'd be in europe
>>
Hitchhiking is one of the main ways to move from A to B. You'll see orthodox people all along the highways trying to get a lift, it's totally safe.

And also, if you aren't jewish or muslim Israel is really safe. Just be a neutral foreigner and be careful with arabs and you'll be fine.
>>
>>1177230
I'm from Europe and I can guarantee you I'm far from getting sacrificed.

>>1177239
Thanks!
>>
Half jew here. Everyone on the jewish side of my family has done the birthright trip and none of them had any security or safety issues, for what it's worth. Although I think they have a soldier or two stick with the birthright kids.
>>
>>1177183
I don't know about recent issues with hitchhiking, but I would get some apps going. It's a wired nation.
http://hitchwiki.org/en/Israel

You need to be a bit respectful of religion if you're going there. I find it a little ominous you brought up your own religion in the thread as something so dismissive. It's going to wreck the thread. But, 8-10 days is a good minimum trip length, say if you were going for the christian tour stops. Hitching? Slows you down to smell the coffee but you lose a lot of stops too. I think if you don't have any money at all, you'll probably take some security risks where you shouldn't, out of cheapness, but it's generally a great safe place.
Have fun OP!
>>
>>1177266
Thanks, desu I just put the religion part there because I expected to be asked about that anyway. I'm also not very familiar with /trv/. I've read somewhere that the bus from Eilat to Jerusalem is only about 20€, I don't know yet which option we'll choose.
>>
File: 20161009_111826.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161009_111826.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
I did Jerusalem to Eilat a few weeks ago.

Completely safe. The dead see is a must, swimming goggles though salt in your eyes isn't fun.

>>1177298
It's 16.5. Check on egged.co.il, as anon above said, IL is a very connected nation online.

>pic related gulf of aqaba or gulf of eilat
>>
>>1177312
Well I guess it's probably gonna be too cold to go swimming in jannuary. For some reason I couldn't reach egged.co.il in the last few days, even though I tried on different devices.
>>
>>1178098
Nonsense
>>
"Oh visit Lebanon while you're near." That's the advice I got when asking someone about visiting Israel. Was great advice too, Lebanon was an absolute pleasure. Food was amazing and so to the people. These days the situation is okay. Not the best, but hey, that's the Middle East for you.

Safe travels.
>>
>>1178267
How did you get there? Jordan, Egypt? What about Israeli stamps?
>>
Israeli here. I hitchhike quite a bit, just not from city centers as no one will stop you there. Standing at bus stops at junctions ect. is good, I hold a sign saying the place I need to go.
Google "Israel wikitravel" and also "Israel National Trail"
>>
>>1178294
israhell is the biggest nigger ghetto living off welfare from white countries
jews are short dark ugly niggers...or used to be till they starting kidnapping and marrying european women ...jews were the 1st niggers to chase the white prize
>>
File: 1450948205944.jpg (116KB, 756x553px) Image search: [Google]
1450948205944.jpg
116KB, 756x553px
>>1178312
so many of these short ugly darkskinned jews marry tall blond blue eyed shiksas to improve their genetics
>>
>>1177183
nah dont try hitchhiking between eilat and the rest of israel , not sure it will work anywhere in israel but hitchhiking especially wont work there .
just take a bus .

go see makhtesh ramon and the eilat mountains if you're going to the south . other then that theres pretty much nothin except for museums and shit .
>>
>>1177298
nobody gives a shit about your religion ,just dont walk into the weird religious ghettos (mainly in jerusalem , some in the center) or they'll start throwing use diapers and tomatoes at you .
>>
>>1178640
Shouldn´t be that bad. I walked around mea shearim, shopped there a bit and had zero problems, not even an angry stare. But definitely do dress appropriately (long pants etc) and don´t go on holidays.
>>
>>1178690
>>1178640
unless it's shabbat or you are a woman, you can walk through ultra-ortodox neighbourhoods no problem. If it's shabbat (Fri night to Sat night) don't use any electronic devices or you risk getting in trouble. If you are a woman, dress "modestly" or you risk getting nto trouble. (This only applies to ultra-orthodox neighbourhoods. They are few and scarse )
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.