[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to go on a trip to japan. would a capsule hotel foe 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 9-hours-capsule-hotel-07.jpg (494KB, 1600x1065px) Image search: [Google]
9-hours-capsule-hotel-07.jpg
494KB, 1600x1065px
I want to go on a trip to japan. would a capsule hotel foe 2 weeks be the best and cheapest way? can I take a shower there? anyone with experience?
>>
>>1177129
im pretty sure hostels are even cheaper and you get the chance to meet other travelers

see the japan general thread here
>>1174950
>>
>>1177129
no, it would probably be the worst way. capsule hotel conditions are not liveable, they are only used by salarymen who crash there overnight.
stay at airbnb/hostel as anywhere else
>>
Please post Japan related questions in the Japan general
>>
>>1177220
>liveable
Meaning? If you're not interested in meeting other travelers then what are the down sides?
>>
>>1177252
no privacy
shared bathroom
extremely small living space
very noisy
expensive

not liveable meaning you can't stay there for more than a couple of nights without going insane.
>>
>>1177267
I only now notice the capsules don't have curtains.

Hostels don't have privacy either, they have shared bathrooms and are noisy too. You don't have much room there either. I don't see how capsule hotel would be more expensive.
>>
>>1177252
they kick you out of your capsule (including anything you might have in there) at 8-9AM every morning (no sleeping in ever). You also won't be allowed to go into the room for the next 3 hours. The capsules can be ridiculously loud inside since the aircon is running in it. You'll feel incredibly isolated and lonely after two or three days.

Honestly, capsule hotels aren't mean to be stayed in longer than 1-2 nights if you're on a business trip.

Go to a hostel or choose an airbnb
>>
Planning my 2nd week long trip to Japan currently. The first time I went to Japan with my friend, we stay in several Airbnb rooms. For around the same price as a capsule you get much more privacy and depending on the room, a bit more space.
>>
>>1177273
9hours in Narita has curtains but they don't block out sound and neither do the white noise machines inside the capsules. Bed was comfy and toilets/showers were clean though, was an interesting experience that I can cross off my list and never do again. Don't stay for more than a night.
>>
>>1177129
Spent my first night in Japan at Narita 2's capsule hotel to save one day on my rail pass. Hell that image might even be that exact place.
To be honest it inteteresting, but only once. The one at the airport is damn clean and sterile so that was a plus, however the damn AC. Instead of blowing continously it was breathing basically, sounded like darth vader above my face. Had I not been as tired as I was I wouldn't have been able to sleep. It cost me 6000ish yen for a night with a light breakfast iirc.
Instead of capsule hotels, find hostels. They are cheaper, there are more of them and you can meet interesting people. Stayed the rest of my nights in hostels (2 weeks) and I would do it again, except I would try to find their contact outside of booking.com where I booked my stays. A night usually cost between 2800-3300 yen usually obviously cheaper if you stay more night at the same hostel.
Liked the smaller ones better, they had way cooler and cozier feel and talking to strangers is easier. That's where I met a japanese girl I became friends with and spent some time together. So as suggested: hostels or airbnb.
>>
Hostels or business hotels are better. I only use capsules for the night because I miss my train. You're going to hear everyone snoring, light slips in under the curtain which doesn't lock close, all of your belongings are kept in a medium sized locker down the hall, you shower and bath in a communal area, and use a shared bathroom. Hostels are a small step up and business hotels are even better if you want your own bathroom and to sleep in a quiet place at night with easy access to your stuff in your room.
>>
Has anyone here actually been to japan? Just dont be stupid op, there are several differeny kinds of capsule versions, just look at booking.com reviews. Hostels get ridiculously more.expensive like 50 percent more, they usually have curtains too.so its the same shit. Just go to new ones. Best.one ive seen in tokyo was in the asakusa area, look for something with a horse.logo.
>>
File: hostels.jpg (350KB, 979x1054px) Image search: [Google]
hostels.jpg
350KB, 979x1054px
>>1177457
Hostels more expensive than capsules? Are you sure?
Indeed the hostels have similar beds, usually bunk beds with curtains, I've had better experience sleeping in the non-breathing hostel beds than the dart vader simulator desu. Not sure about the other capsules, but if it's anything like that airport one then I'd rather take the hostel beds.
>>
>>1177457
Yes I have. Capsule hotels are basically a scam for dumb tourists or a place to crash for salarymen waiting for the train.
>>
Airbnb is very cheap, I got a nice dorm in tokyo for $15 a day
>>
>>1177518
they are also negotiable. asked for 35% off on a 2 week stay and the host was like ok
>>
There are some really nice "capsule hostels" for foreigners around. I stayed in a couple and definitely slept better than I had in regular hostel beds because of the privacy.

But the capsule hostels for foreigners are different, more spacious and have common spaces and laundry and all the things you need as a backpacker.
>>
>>1177129
Capsule hotels are designed for people that are too drunk to go home.
Not really the place to stay for a trip...
>>
>>1177223
He's asking about a specific type of hotel. Perhaps Japan is the most popular for it, but all in all it's a thread about accommodation.
>>
>>1177129
I stayed in an average one in Singapore for a few nights. After the first night I was forced to upgrade to a double bed, which was more bearable.
I suppose its alright if your literally only sleeping there and spend the rest of the day/night out.
But I really wouldn't recommend it for 2 weeks, at least break it up with something nicer.
>>
>>1179037
>After the first night I was forced to upgrade
They made you pay extra even though you didn't want to?
>>
File: 38348354[1].jpg (47KB, 840x460px) Image search: [Google]
38348354[1].jpg
47KB, 840x460px
I've stayed in the 1980 Yen Capsule hotel in Tokyo for a week and it was pretty good.

Be aware that you share the showers/bathrooms with everyone else on your floor.

Things such as:
>>1177274
>>1177267
only really apply to the capsule hotels aimed at Japanese business men. The 1980 one I stayed at let you stay in all day and was very concerned with noise, so it was usually very quiet.
>>
>>1177479
>HUF
szevasz:)
>>
>>1181012
There's a backpacker 'hostel' in Beijing, maybe it's even YHA which is basically that. I found the room a bit shit but it was livable, I was only there overnight. The capsule room had a bathroom but I had to shower on my knees because I couldn't stand up in the room at all.

It was exactly like anon's pic, split levels with ladders to the upper rooms.

I think it was called Drum Tower Hostel. The bar is really good and the food was nice but the capsule rooms suck a bit. They're ok when you're lying down I guess but even getting dressed is hard in those rooms. You could manage it for a week if you weren't spending much time in the room.
>>
Going to Tokyo and back packing Japan for two week?
What are some good hostels ?
This would be early to mid January
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.