[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CouchSurfing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: couch-surfing-logo.jpg (87KB, 2048x1295px) Image search: [Google]
couch-surfing-logo.jpg
87KB, 2048x1295px
Have you CouchSurfing /trv/ ? if so please share your experiences.
>>
Couchsurfing is wasted novadays, especially in big cities. It is all about sexism, gay and free hotel (speaking about both sides).

If you're a guy - sorry. Mostly in popular places you will find 3.5 types of hosts:

1) Male Gay
2) Male nudist
3) Male wants to hook up and accepting girls only
3.5) Girl "maybe accepting requests" that never answering and have no profile filled.

I don't care about sexual preferences but somehow when gay host realize that you are straight they loose all the interest to you. Also once I had gay harassment (there was nothing about it in profile but IRL I've had to say NO quite several times).

On top of it most of frequent hosters tired of seeing too many people getting "star disease" and start to make rules as "I'm king, you're shit".

In third-word countries it works way better but you never know about real actual conditions (it might be a sleeping carpet under the open skies described as "comfortable bed").

On a side of hosters - they're overwhelmed by requests from stupid buttheads missing the point and taking CS as "free hotel" not giving shit about the whole idea.

It comes to easy sum up: CS is fucked up. Idea was good and worked well somewhere up to 2012. Now it is wasted.

*1.5 years of nonstop travel so far*
>>
>>1176818
thats depressing
>>
>>1176778
It's great –I have been hosting in Budapest for like 8 months. I have 2 spare rooms and I like meeting travellers. I've always got people staying with me and it is an absolutely amazing way to meet travellers and feel like you're doing a nice thing.

I've probably hosted more than 40 different travelling groups in the last 8 months. Some stay for a night, others stay for a few...

I provide bed(s), towels and all the other basics. Usually we go out most nights and have a good time (as they are looking for fun).

I would highly recommend speaking to as many hosts as possible –much of what >>1176818 is a reality of CS but it's not all like that, there is still plenty of awesome hosts out there.

I recommend that if you want a good experience out of CouchSurfing –HOST WHERE YOU ARE – then build an international group of places you'll be able to stay when you travel. CouchSurfing is a 2-way street. Plus you'll already know the people who you are going to be staying with.

But still it is great – I am a 21-year-old Australian guy who happens to have made a lot of money early in life, so I have a very nice place in central Budapest with a cleaner and the lot. In many ways I am not the 'usual' couchsurfing experience, but if you can find others like me you'll have a gem of a time.

Some other quick fun facts, (from my experience)...
>Usually get 50/50 requests of guys and girls but, I often find girls are more organised and worried about travelling so they book ahead and therefore I probably end up hosting 2:1 girls/guys ratio.
>I am gay, but I have no plans on hooking up with guests – in fact I often feel very protective over my travellers! And if I want a fuck buddy Grindr can deliver that a lot more efficiently than CouchSurfing.
>I sometimes feel some travellers take a bit advantage of what I am offering –i.e. eating all my food, leaving the place a bit messy, getting a little bit too comfy, but honestly that's just me picking at straws
>>
>>1177112
CONTINUING...

>To get in the good books with any host, just give them some kind of basic gift. I remember this Chinese girl that stayed with me bought me these most amazing teas which I tasted amazing and I am sure only cost her $2 but she knew I liked tea and so I loved that and she'd be welcome back anytime.

Just enjoy yourself – you will have better experiences than others, and rest assured if you do it long enough you'll have a bad experience. BUT it all comes with the territory. Believe me you'll be happy you had some bad nights in exchange for all the good ones!

That's travelling right?!
>>
>>1177113
Guess u gtta post ur profile , aussie.
Are you fine with hosting a stoner?
>>
>>1177113
U seem like a total bro
>>
>>1176778
I used CS in Europe and it was great. You meet cool people, hang out and swap stories.

It's flaky compared to airbnb/hostels though. I had one host cancel on me at the last minute but my then current host bailed me out by texting her friend who lives in my next destination.

I like CS meet ups the best. You meet locals who are excited about showing you the sights. When I was in Zagreb, one girl I met elsewhere through CS had her friends show me around town. She was badgering them to show me this cafe, that park, etc.

I feel bad about not hosting though. I'm moving to Tallinn so once I get settled, I'm hoping to return the favor.
>>
You're better off just paying for a room/apartment on AirBnB to be honest. CouchSurfing is filled with weirdos and unless you're a girl or willing to take it up the shit pipe, you're going to have a bad time.
>>
>>1176778

Started couchsurfing in 2010/2011, when I was around 20.
Used it a lot that year and only 2 guys accepted my request to stay at their place, and around 8 girls.
Was not planning to, but eventually had sex with 3 of the girls.
It's just a big dating site, which is a shame.
When I was hosting in Amsterdam, I accepted guys and girls and more than half tried to make a move while drunk. Had a gf at the time, so didn't do it.
Quit hosting after a french couple trashed my place.

Nowadays when I travel I just use AirBnB, less hassle and you get a complete apartment to yourself. Will try CS again this summer after a 4 year break.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.