[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wisconsin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Wisconsin_in_United_States.svg.png (523KB, 2000x1238px) Image search: [Google]
Wisconsin_in_United_States.svg.png
523KB, 2000x1238px
Going to Wisconsin soon with my Girlfriend.
Any ideas on where to take her? I really have no clue... We will be staying in Madison most of the time.
>>
>>1176743
depends on what you're into. I would say Wisconsin dells. But, that's if youre in sightseeing and water parks
>>
NOT Milwaukee.
>>
>>1176743
Wisconsin native here, from Madison.

Why are you going to Wisconsin and when? If it's not winter you can have a very nice time in Madison.
>>
I'd definitely recommend Copper Falls if you can get up there
>>
>>1176743
Winter in Wisconsin is absolute shit. Hope you bring 5 extra layers anon
>>
>>1176743

wisconsin looks vaguely like tanzania
>>
>>1176780
Basically vacation. She has already been there once, so im hoping to find sth. she might not already know.
We are going mid-November.
>>
>>1176819
You guys from Illinois or something? Not everyday people go to WI for vaycay. November is a decent time. Still fall, may be getting pretty cold at that point and there may be snow, but then again maybe not.

See a Badger game if you can. They're playing Illinois on Sunday, November 13th. Don't know if you'll be in Madison at that time.

Go to the Children's museum! It's fun and cool. I also recommend the Chazen art museum and The Wisconsin Veteran's Museum. All free. Well, I think the Veteran's Museum is free..

Check out the Capitol building obviously.

Vilas Zoo. Also free! Pretty nice zoo.

Go to Olbrich Botanical Gardens. Of course the outside gardens will be crap and maybe closed in November, but the coolest thing is that they have this indoor sort of glass green house like building that's basically like a rain forest inside, it's cool. That should be open.

Walk up and down State Street, check out the university campus in general, see the Red Gym. I also recommend the Williamson Street neighborhood. Unfortunately you won't be able to enjoy the Memorial Union Terrace. One of the best things about Madison, in summer.

Couple restaurant recommendations.
For cheap, fast, great food you have to go to Paul's Pel'meni (like Russian dumplings--the restaurant only serves one thing, these dumplings, but they're so damn good). Also, Pizza Di Roma on State Street is awesome. It serves really good NY style pizza and the environment is awesome. It's overlit, kind of dingy. Back when I was student I remember this sassy Jewish girl from Long Island in one of my glasses saying it passed her test lmao).

If you want to go to a fancy pants supper club type place I recommend Tornado or The Wonder Bar. The Wonder Bar is kind of out of the way, but it's cool. It used to be a prohibition era speak easy and hide out for Chicago mobsters.

Are you guys drinkers? I mean that's pretty much Madison's (and Wisconsin's) bread and butter. If so I can recommend some bars.
>>
>>1176743
It would help to know what youre into.

Don't listen to this retard either. >>1176771
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 260x194px
Is this place just a meme or is it ok?

http://www.madersrestaurant.com/
>>
>>1176839

Are you guys drinkers? I mean that's pretty much Madison's (and Wisconsin's) bread and butter. If so I can recommend some bars.

-->Yes. Thank you very much, your helping a lot!

We pretty much like all kinds of activities, hiking, culture, museum, bars, concerts...
>>
push
>>
>>1176743
If you're passing through central WI the Holland Family cheese factory is worth a visit. It's in Thorpe, which is the middle of nowhere, but they turn out world class Gouda that will allow you to say you tried some of the cheese the state tends to crow about.

Beyond that you could see Lake Superior. Bayfield isn't bad, if a little touristy and overpriced. Maybe go out on a boat? Eat some whitefish.

Beyond that if I found myself in that part of the country I'd head to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. At least there you find some unique culture in the legacy of Finnish and Cornish mining towns. And it's picturesque as fuck.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.