[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US West Coast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 2000px-US_West_Coast.svg.png (321KB, 2000x1301px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-US_West_Coast.svg.png
321KB, 2000x1301px
I'm moving from Phoenix to Seattle next month and I'm driving up the west coast alone to get there. I'm looking for things worth stopping at along the way to make my trip more enjoyable. I'm going to be staying outside Los Angeles the first night, then near San Francisco the next. I'm thinking of maybe camping the third night in the Redwoods, and the last day making it all the way to Seattle where I'll be staying, if not adding another night in between. This is all subject to change as needed and based on suggestions.

I'm looking for good food joints, short hikes, places to photograph, and pretty much anything else that's short and cheap. I have never traveled alone, and I have never been further north than LA in that direction. I have also never really moved before, so this is all incredibly new.

Any other advice regarding travel, moving, Seattle, and anything related is welcome.
>>
Drive up highway 1
A.k.a. The scenic route

Big Sur is rad for photographs
And Santa Cruz is cool too
>>
>>1176020
Wasn't sure I wanted to take that route due to time, but considering I have an entire day to kill for that stretch I definitely could. Inland seems barren anyways. Any specific spots along the route?
>>
>>1175996
the thing to remember about Seattle people is that they're a little closed off and not especially open to meeting new people. If you make friends it will probably be with other transplants, just don't get discourage/take it too seriously when the locals snub you.
>>
>>1176020
Seriously OP it is absolutely worth taking the time to drive up 1. Getting chills just remembering how beautiful it was. Made me fall in love with rural California, and Oregon and Washington are both incredible for outdoors too. Cant say I like the culture much but the landscapes on the west coast really do live up to their reputation
>>
>>1176052
Midwestern guy here, i visited Seattle for 2 weeks last August and did not encounter the famed "freeze." Particularly in the Capitol Hill neighborhood, i found that people i encountered in coffee shops, restaurants and bars were just as friendly as back home. I ended up meeting some cool girls at one bar and going to their house party the next day, and at another bar some guys next to us invited us out the door to smoke a joint.

The Freeze is a meme that r9k autists use to justify their lack of a social life
>>
On topic, stop at Joshua Tree on your way west, go to Santa Cruz and watch the surfers, and make sure you go to King Range National Conservation Area - one of the most beautiful places in the world.
>>
>>1176052
This sounds like one of the things that people insist is only awful where they are, but turns out to be awful everywhere (like bad drivers). I was already planning on visiting Japan so it's not like it's something I've not heard of either. I'm not social much as it is, so it's not a great loss.
>If you make friends it will probably be with other transplants
So like all the "techies" moving into the city. I fit right in.

>>1176135
>Joshua Tree
>Santa Cruz
Sounds good.

>King Range National Conservation Area
I'm going to be booking it to the Redwoods far north of there so I'm not sure.
>>
File: 02.jpg (94KB, 600x370px) Image search: [Google]
02.jpg
94KB, 600x370px
>>1176194
Make time for both bro, King Range is a hidden gem. I prefer it to the redwoods but i could see wanting to see them once.

Sounds like you are going into this move with the right mindset. Congratulations and enjoy Seattle, it's definitely one of my favorite cities.
>>
Bump.
Still looking for anything on the way to and in LA, Oregon, and southern Washington.
>>
>>1176478
>southern washington

absolutely nothing of interest. don't get off I5 from portland to the seattle area
>>
>>1176981
>Missing Mount St Helens
>Missing Mount Rainier NP (more debatable though, it's easier to enter from Seattle than from South Washington)
>>
>>1175996

Morro Bay/morro Rock
Monterey, ca
Oregon Dunes
Crater Lake
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.