[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tokyo Olympics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Never have been on this board before, but thought this was the best place to ask. My best friend, younger brother and I (including wives/gfs) are planning on going to the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. I personally want to spend a week before the games start and the 2 weeks or so of the events.

About how much would this cost? (Not including tickets to the events)

Would I be able to get by not knowing japanese considering it's a major international event?

Are there things I should do outside of Tokyo in the week before the games? (because i'm going to try and see as many events as I can, I most likely won't be leaving Tokyo)
>>
Me and a friend stayed for 2 weeks and all in all it cost us around just a little under 2k USD(flight/jr-pass included)
>>
hey guys,
Second the question, only that I plan to visit Tokyo in 2035, how much bottle caps would I need? What's the radiation status? Is Neo akiba still overrun by zombie weebs?
>>
>>1173759
>implying china won't have glassed it
>>
Come back in 3.5 years anon... sheesh.
>>
Japan is really expensive already, the Olympics will triple that, especially since the last ones were in a third world hellholes. It will probably be north or 10k.

The Olympics are a fucking meme. Don't bother.
>>
>>1173817
>olympics are a meme
Explain. I went to Rio and Vancouver there for the sports
>>
>>1173729
I couldn't think of anywhere WORSE to go than Tokyo in 2020...

Unless you are an avid Sports Fan or your best friend and young brother can literally shit golden eggs – this will be a very expensive let down.

Now that my rant is over... Japan is a great place to visit (generally) and you'll have a good time. You will be fine without Japanese language in Tokyo. I mean learn the basics of hello and thank you but otherwise the Japanese are known to be some of the friendliest people in the world.

Get the Shinkansen (bullet train) to another city pretty quickly nowadays, and make a day trip of it. Hiroshima for example is quite interesting considering it go blown the fuck up back in '45. If you can just get a cheap hotel one night in the other city so you can do the exploring at your own pace.

OTHERWISE - plenty to do around Tokyo, I doubt you'll get bored.

Enjoy!
>>
>>1174685
OP here, huge sports fan, and my younger brother and our friend are actually both in the NFL so money isnt a problem for them and we're all huge sports fans (went to ireland primarily to go see hurling and gaelic football)
>>
>>1174726
Then you'll have an absolute blast! Have fun.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.