[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your travel goals for 2017? Tell us where you would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 13

What are your travel goals for 2017?

Tell us where you would like to go and what you would like to do, whether they are concrete plans or still in the planning stages.
>>
Place: Western Europe
Objective: Lose my virginity
>>
>>1173541
That's easy enough -- are you hoping to meet girls at a bar/hostel, or just go for a prostitute?
>>
>>1173534
Take a picture that gets 1000 likes on Instagram
>>
I'm hoping to go to the UK for Christmas and visit friends and family and then probably spend the first month or two of 2017 in Europe.
>>
>>1173534
Planning on going to western europe, jamaica and japan next spring/summer for 2 months
>>
Iceland would be really cool if I can make it
>>
>>1173543
Hostel hopefully.

Any tips?

Captcha: Bangor Road
>>
>>1173534
>save up 15k
>buy a 5k car with roughly 100k (maybe a tercel, crown vic, old ford ranger)
>drive west
>travel around the western half of america
>maybe go to mexico idk

this is all more likely for 2018, i'm saving slowly and work a mediocre job in an expensive area
>>
>>1173534
Got tentative plans to head to Costa Rica this summer -- my wife works for a non-profit and they will be auctioning off a week in a house down there in the annual auction. It often goes for an affordable price, so will make a run at it this year.

Also have plans for a return to Vietnam, some shot at Mexico.

Oh, and a trip somewhere in the Caribbean for my mother's birthday this year.

Al but the last ne are somewhat tentative - but there is money in the bank, we're going SOMWHERE!
>>
>>1173565
That's a weird combination of places for a continuous period. Any details ?
>>
Place: SE Asia in February

Maybe a couple days in Hong Kong or Singapore depending on the airline I take. Thailand seems the obvious choice. Laos and Cambodia seem appealing..

Objective: Not freeze my ass off in the NE US. Other than that I don't really know. I don't want to just get drunk and fuck hookers. It would be my first time overseas and I'd be by myself. I'm socially awkward as fuck in my 30s maybe autistic, so I'm worried about just finding myself walking around aimlessly and sitting by myself at a bar every night.
>>
Looking to visit Uruguay and Argentina. Has anyone travelled to Uruguay? Thoughts/food/attractions?
>>
Place: Vietnam or Thailand for a week during Chinese New Year; maybe do some more travelling between teaching contracts. I also want to go back to America to visit family.

Objective: Take in natural beauty and eat delicious food. Maybe hook up with some girls if I'm not in my current relationship by that time.
>>
File: dont_copy.jpg (182KB, 630x441px) Image search: [Google]
dont_copy.jpg
182KB, 630x441px
I'll be buying and moving into this soon. First, I'm gonna go to Texas. Then I'll check out New Orleans and Tennessee and eventually I'll make my way down to Key West.
>>
Fly to Paris, then train to Colmar for the Christmas festival

Then i'm hitting every christmas festival all across middle Europe

Gonna be fucking sweet
>>
File: northern-lights.jpg (472KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
northern-lights.jpg
472KB, 1920x1080px
>>1173567
If you go, drive the ring road, it takes a week but it was one of the better trips I've ever taken

on the last night, a solar storm started and i got a show of Aurora, and i shit you not i shed a little tear

Iceland is a god-tier road trip destination

>Pic related, about how powerful it was
>>
File: iceland.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
iceland.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>1173617
another pic, just to show how fucking crazy the environment is
>>
>>1173618
Driving there seems comfy as fuck.
I thought it took two weeks to drive around the ring road?
>>
>>1173623
took 7 for me, but i drove fast
>>
japan/tw/hk from may -> july/aug

then full time employment awaits
>>
>>1173615
I used to live in Colmar. It is really picturesque and cute. Defintely a romantic place to be around christmas, especially if you have a lover to bring along with you.
However, the city and region is not very action packed, and if you've seen more than 2 marchees de noel, you've seen enough. Colmar is cool, but everything you can see in Colmar you can see bigger comparable versions in Strasbourg (cathedrals, halftimber/medieval buildings, etc). If you do go to Colmar, you should also drive over to Freiburg in Germany. Its like a 40 min drive, and totally worth it.
>>
>>1173626
I'm planning on going to burma before tourists like myself shit it up for everyone else

In the meantime I'm working on improving my mandarin

I REALLY want to do europe, but with roving gangs of migrant rapists, it just really doesn't seem like the time

anyone have feedback on either
>>
>>1173628
Yeah i got a friend living in Bern and we're gonna hit a bunch of places.

The whole region is beautiful and I am applying to the university in Strasbourg, if i get in, i will spend most of my free time traveling
>>
>>1173534
Hike around Canada, dick my gf, kick the cairns and bodyslam some bears. Done with 3rd world countries, they're not really worth it when I live in parad- I mean, it's an oil-contaminated shithole, don't bother coming here. Also we're full, fuck off Australians.
>>
>>1173534
Actually leave my country for the first time
>>
>>1173630
>I REALLY want to do europe, but with roving gangs of migrant rapists, it just really doesn't seem like the time
Stop browsing /pol/, it's bad for you. Or at the very least stop believing everything some retard spouts on the internet.
>>
Plan: Hanoi,Vietnam - somewhere in Europe that begins with an H for the sake of catchiness

Objective: Ride a bike overland from Hanoi through China, Kazakhstan, ferry across the Caspian to Azerbaijan, Georgia,Turkey and then on to Europe. I'm working in Hanoi at the moment, so it's a matter of saving up enough to do this.
>>
>>1173769
Sick, I want to ride a motorbike through Vietnam somewhere next year. Driving to Asia from Europe is one of my dreams but I lack the balls and money for such an adventure.
>>
Move to a different country, probably the Czech Republic.
Don't spend too much money on city trips while I save up for a long RTW trip. So sadly no wild things, not just yet.
>>
Study abroad (London) for a semester.
Visit parts of Europe local to UK, anyone got suggestions? Thinking Oslo so far...
>>
Skiing in February, somewhere cheap.
New York in spring.
Month of cycling+ camping in Sicily.
Move to London in September.
>>
I am in a unique position to be able to go on many trips next year. I have to opportunity to fly for almost nothing.

I am an older (50s) guy. I have been to a couple of dozen countries already, so I will be looking to go new and different places.

I have some money, but will still need to be budget minded. The cheaper I go, the more I go.

In Asia I am tending toward PI and Japan
In S./C. America Nicaragua, Argentina, Columbia, and Bolivia
In Europe, a UK trip and then a separate trip to see three or four other countries.

Ideally, I would like to put boots on ground in 10 or 12 knew places. Just starting research now.

The minor down side is flying standby and only taking a small carry on bag. Can't really make reservations, but that is not a big deal if you are adaptable.
>>
Panama in May. Maybe Europe in the summer or fall. Disney World a few times throughout the year fpr domestic travel.
>>
Rest of 2016 is shot so I'm basically drooling over 2017 plans

>back to japan
>vietnam
>hong kong
>maybe thailand
>costa rica

Then back to full time wage slave/grad student/depression come fall
>>
Japan in August and Rabaul in November.

For Japan, mainly visiting Sasebo and Kure, some general sighseeing in Tokio, maybe visit Okinawa.

For Rabaul diving and exploring the jungles.
>>
>>1173575
Go to any of the big tourist cities that attract a million burgers and ozzies. Amsterdam, Barcelona are pretty good. Paris as well.

Also, surprisingly enough I got lucky more often than I thought I would in Florence. Lots of American girls studying there. Where are you from? Having an English accent really helped there.

Also Istanbul for hippy slightly experienced female travellers.

However overrall I wouldn't recommend trying to lose your virginity to some travel skank. You will also get super frustrated if you fail at pulling a girl and you spent all that money just to wander around a city thirsty as fuck.
>>
>>1173534
Getting an actual job with an actual salary so I can consider traveling in the first place.
>>
>>1173890
Oh I forgot to add. Have sex in the toilet. Don't be the ass that pisses everyone off in your dorm.
>>
>>1173771
Oh yeah, meant to say that this will probably be done on a bicycle. Hoping that cuts down on the costs a lot.
>>
>India with my friend in April
>UK and Hungray with my wife in July/August
>unknown with unknown late winter

Thats it.
>>
The goal is to graduate in may and get a job teaching english in Mexico, Chile, Colombia or Argentina and become fluent in Spanish.
>>
>>1173534
Stay at home and 4chan it for life.
Don't believe in traveling. You can be and should be happy where ever you are. Yes traveling is important to open your eyes. But now we have to Internet.
>>
>>1173890
>>1173910
Thanks for the advice. Also I meant I was heading towards Eastern Europe. Going to try like a Prague > Vienna > Budapest (not exactly in that order) over two weeks, I'd like to add Coppenhagen in there too if I have time and it makes sense logistically.

I'm from the U.S....in my mid 20s...
>>
On December 26 going to do some backpacking around SEA. Going to start in the Philippines, and then heading out to Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Burma, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore. I plan on doing some rock climbing and camping while I'm there. So on that topic?

Anyone know any good hiking trails or campgrounds in the SEA?
>>
>>1174336
Did you get lost on your way to /tv/?
>>
>>1174355
kek

I can't tell if he's trolling or not, but the scary part is I even have incredibly intelligent friends who think this way

our culture is horribly warped and brainwashed. people watch television for 6-7 hors a day AVERAGE, which means half of people watch more than that... they want to live through others, they style themselves AFTER the things they see on tv, they don't read

even smart people do this. it's fuckin sad

the reason I even started traveling in the first place was because I wanted to escape this andfind a place that wasn't like this. I don't fundamentally have strong interest in other places, I just hated modern america
>>
Place: Bangkok
Objective: Have fun
>>
Bicycle trip from Germany across the Alps to Southern Italy and then back via the Balkans.
>>
>>1173585
Im visiting some qt girl i know in jamaica first, then im going to japan for the animu, and im going to europe to see the architecture and re uniting with some friends
>>
>>1173601
Need some Uruguay advice, please. Help!
>>
>>1173630
>I REALLY want to do europe, but with roving gangs of migrant rapists

This is highly exaggerated - I'm guessing you're american and get your information from /pol/?
>>
>Places
SEA for 2 weeks in Feburary

Multiple long weekend trips in Europe) between January-June (was thinking Barcelona, Venice, maybe Amsterdam and Malta)

In August I would like to go to Japan for 3 weeks (1 week Tokyo and 2 weeks Shikoku/Hokkaido)

Work trips with an extra day or two added on the weekend (Zurich, Rome, Oslo, Berlin, maybe London or NYC)

>Objective
I like photography, if I can curate a small book from certain places that would be nice
>>
Burger here. Haven't been outside North America so I might try an easy destination like Ireland or Britain to get my feet wet. I'd be happy if I made even one international trip. I'll also probably do several small trips in the US. Visited the PNW last year and it seemed better than where I live in the South in most of the ways that matter. Might move there.
>>1174069
>TEFL in SA to learn Spanish
My nigger. I hear the money isn't as good as on other continents, but seems like the best shot I have of ever learning a second language. Gonna stick with my current job a while longer, though.

Any more details on your plans?
>>
File: IMG_20160917_152955~2.jpg (2MB, 3454x2992px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160917_152955~2.jpg
2MB, 3454x2992px
>>1173567
Like the other fella said, do a lap of highway 1. Aim for around ten days.

Here are some essential must sees in my opinion:
>sheep gathering
you can try and catch some yourself if you're brave enough, this requires you to travel there in September though
>rent a 4x4 so you can take an F-road
these are official roads that require a 4x4 to access, they're god tier fun
>go off highway 1 to visit the Westfjords
Can really recommend hotel/camping Heyladur, cheap and surrounded by great hikes, and you can book a kayaking tour on the nearby fjord, they have a pool as well
>warm up in one of the many free natural hot springs spread all across the country
I did this every day really

Don't rent a Land Rover Defender though, they're dogshit
>>
>>1173630
>do europe
I don't know why, but I'm incredibly annoyed by people using the word 'doing' for 'visiting' or 'going to'.
>>
>>1173534
November 2016
>Moving to USA to live until uni starts Oct 2017 in Germany

January
>Return to Germany for 1 week
>Cape Town 1 week

February/March
>Random Latin American country for 1 or 2 weeks

March/April
>Iran or Georgia/Caucasus for 2+ weeks (Probably won't happen)

May
>Alaskan cruise for 2 weeks

May-June-July-August
>Backpacking around Europe

Beyond that is too far for any real plans. I'll be studying again starting in October so maybe just a bunch of weekend Ryanair flights around Europe.
>>
>>1173534
A month or maybe even longer in NYC around march
>>
Dunno, TBQH.

I'm in India now. My return ticket back home to the United States is scheduled for mid-January. I still have to finish up my BSc in Neuroscience but I don't know if I'm ready to go back. Since I'm from a northern state, I'm tempted to figure out a way to go in May or August instead of stepping off the plane in Chicago and having to deal with snow and wind and ice all of a sudden.

I have a friend living in Zanzibar. He said I can stay with him for free for as long as I'd like. He has a house in a village in the middle of the island and you can apparently get food there for about $10 per week. Aside from that, almost all of my living expenses would be covered.

If I can save up $300 for the ticket and visa, I'll probably head over there.
>>
>>1174699
>>rent a 4x4 so you can take an F-road
>these are official roads that require a 4x4 to access, they're god tier fun

I am planning on renting Toyota RAV4. Going there end of Nov for only 8 days this year. Any suggestions?

Should I drive fast and do ring road?
>>
I would really like to visit a Scandinavian country
>>
>>1173534
>What are your travel goals for 2017?
Waking up (quite possibly hungover) somewhere on the other side of the world on January 1st.
>>
Heading to Patagonia for some quality /out/. I love the whole hostel trails thing and all but constantly moving between locations with your multi day camping gear is a hassle. Never done a trip exclusively for /out/ so I am definitely excited.
>>
I'm starting at a teaching position in China in a few days. The pay is not great but I'm hoping to save at least four thousand dollars by the time the contract ends in July.

With that and anything else I can save up, I want to take the transiberian rail from Beijing to St. Petersburg and maybe work there for a few months if I can get the visa in China. From there, westward with no real plan. I'm hoping by then to have become impressive enough on the accordion to find a band to join and busk around Europe with.
>>
Trying to move to Nevada or Arizona (from the DC area). I've been saving money for two years and I will be saving money for one more year. Basically I want to buy a small house. I want to pay in cash because I don't like the idea of having a mortgage.
>>
>>1173534
Winter 2017, I'm putting off my last quarter of uni and going on a two-month backpacking trip across Europe. Bought a ticket on a whim after my best friend decided to go teach english abroad for a year with his gf on a whim and I started looking up flight prices out of curiosity.

Here's a somewhat finished drafdt of my route-
LA-Copenhagen-Feb 1-2
Copenhagen-Feb 2-6
Berlin Feb 6-10
Prague Feb 10-13
Budapest Feb 16-20
Rome Feb 20-25
Florence Feb 25-Mar 1
Madrid Mar 1-6
Paris Mar 6-13
London Mar 13-17
Amsterdam Mar 17-21
Copenhagen Mar 21-22
Copenhagen to LA Mar 22

would love recs and general tips on what to do and what to avoid
>>
>>1175987
forgot my objective-
since I'm an Art History student, I want to see important works of european art, get a fuller sense of current cultural pulses, and think about what I want to do with my life.
>>
My goal is simple: Get Miles&More Senator status and not go completely broke.
>>
>>1174341

>Prague > Vienna > Budapest
>not exactly in that order

Uh, why not in that order? That's the order you should do them (or the reverse)
>>
Travel goal for 2017 is to really TRAVEL again -- something that involves an airplane and requires a passport. Best I've done since 2014 was a trip to the SF Bay Area (from PDX) to visit family.

Being poor and wanting to travel internationally sucks donkey balls...
>>
File: iaIhV9Y.jpg (19KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
iaIhV9Y.jpg
19KB, 640x1136px
Not really sure on where I want to go yet. Eastern Europe, UK, SEA are all possibilities.

Only real goal is actually going, once I'm there I'm satisfied. Off-hand want to bang a foreign girl this year though, had my chance with an Aussie and a couple English girls last summer just regrets now.
>>
>>1176267
just to add I want to be more social, honestly I thought solo travel would help me overcome my "shyness" but it really didn't for the most part.
>>
to quit being a pussy and finally do it: to quit my job, sell everything i own, take out a handful of loans then leave this country forever
>>
>>1173534
8 months travel. Have already given notice to my work.
Leaving 17 Jan and have booked my flights through to Auckland, Tahiti, Easter Island and Santiago so far. Planning for 2 months in Chile, Argentina and Uruguay, then off to Europe for most of the rest.
Still thinking about whether I should go to Antarctica or the Caucasus or Central Asia or just stick to the Balkans.
>>
>>1173534
Going to Poland and mainly Ukraine.
>>
File: 25453ab37149afd1eecaf33e9c7876d1.jpg (847KB, 2500x1385px) Image search: [Google]
25453ab37149afd1eecaf33e9c7876d1.jpg
847KB, 2500x1385px
>>1173534
How about India OP?
>>
Cuba right at New Years
Hopefully 2-3 more trips after that, haven't decided where though
Thinking really hard about the Mauritania Railroad for next winter.
>>
I'll be leaving for Japan on the 20th of January. There I will be for a year, cmping around and working voluntarily.

Goals:
>eat traditional ramen at some solid, local shop
>get /fit/ from living more active and healthy
>catch a fish
>get fucking wasted with a bunch of old Japanese farmers
>spend new years in Tokyo
>bang some dirty, sweaty backpacker girl in my tent
>>
File: 12494030482058302.jpg (30KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
12494030482058302.jpg
30KB, 640x360px
>>1176370
have you never caught a fish or you want to catch a special Japanese fish?
>>
>>1176373
Never caught a fish despite trying when I was a kid. I want to build a pole out of bamboo.
>>
>>1173534
>spend the winter season freeskiing in Arlberg
>a balkans/eastern europe backpacking trip
>the annapurna circuit
>go skiing in the high caucasus in Georgia

too many plans, not enough time :/
>>
>>1176374
>Building a pole out of bamboo

It's already a pole. It's like saying
"I wat to build a rock out of this stone."
>>
>>1176336
>Gurudongmar Lake
Not OP, been to Sikkim.
Cool place,
unlike the rest of India.

Main problem with the sub-continent is
1. shitty infastructure
2. dirty
3. noisy
4. cost goes up if you don't travel like a bum
>>
>>1173575
Tinder
>>
My bf is getting a job in Nagoya, Japan so when ever I have breaks at University, he can get me a free business-class ticket to fly over there. They are providing him with a traditional style house too. Don't want to get my hopes up yet though because it's still kinda far away and you never know what will happen.
He grew up in Tokyo so he will show me around. I'm a hiker so I want to see Fuji-san and the Ice Festival in Sapporo. Cherry Blossoms in Spring. Not sure what is in Nagoya though.
>>
>>1175067
Got any more info about this? I'm a burger but Patagonia intrigues me
>>
>>1176499
sounds dope
>>
>>1173534
doing patagonia desu senpai
>>
>>1173534
Going to Denver for snowboarding in January, then going to Japan for 3 weeks April-May. The Japan trip will be the first time I've been to a foreign country that isn't Canada or a Caribbean cruise stop. Looking forward to a lot of hiking, shrines, and the Nagasaki Tall Ships Festival.

So far looking like
>6 nights in Tokyo
>2 in Nikko
>4 in Sendai
>4-5 in Kyoto
>2 in Hiroshima
>2-3 in Nagasaki
>>
Planning either a solo South America trip or a typical Euro trip. Depends on what I can do cheaper. Any recommendations?
>>
>>1176528
Can't give you recommendations without knowing ur interests etc.

South America will be cheaper though obviously
>>
I'm visiting Japan going into 2018. Mainly I want to meet a couple friends/acquaintances and hit up a convention.
If the airbnb hasn't been banned by then, I'm really hoping to get in on that. I'm all for "touristy fun" if that's what my buddies want, but really I just want to immerse myself as much as I can, buy some groceries and cook dinner at some point, draw scenery and animals, enjoy life, and chill. I can take my work anywhere with me,
I've never left the country for leisure, so I'm a bit nervous.
>>
>>1175987
this schedule strikes me as a bit weird, I'd check out some of the smaller cities in between those locations. Especially Dreden, Vienna or Bratislava, Ljuljiana, Turen, Lyon, basically anywhere in Spain (seems like an odd detour to go all the way there for just Madrid), all of Belgium, etc.

You may end up feeling sort of bored of Western Europe, especially because you hit some of the more different places (Budapest, Italy, Spain) before returning to the northern cities which will be more like the US. If you're really into the different histories of these specific countries, then just ignore this. But a lot of people who backpack around Europe will detour to the Balkans or the Baltic, or somewhere that isn't quite as developed and 100% western.
>>
>>1176525

If you are going to Nagasaki, then you gotta get some fugu

Grave of the 47 Ronin:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3000.html
Also piss alley in Tokyo was kind of cool
https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1066457-i13059-k7648213-Best_way_direction_to_find_Piss_Alley_or_Memory_Lane-Shinjuku_Tokyo_Tokyo_Prefecture_Kant.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g1023408-d7388189-Reviews-Miyagi_Zao_Fox_Village-Shiroishi_Miyagi_Prefecture_Tohoku.html
>>
>>1176525

Miyajima when you visit Hiroshima is a must do.
>>
>>1176948

I'd visit piss alley at night though
>>
>>1174433
Sweet, I did a couple cycling trips. Hit me up on some social media I'd love to hear some stories.

Email: DisposableEmailFor4chanTravel
>>
>>1176313
Hardcore but it might not be ultra stupid.

My parents took out multiple loans to purchase property (Something like 100k USD). Shortly after dad lost his job and they quickly realised they couldn't re-pay it. So they just moved country.

Lived abroad 8 years now and haven't been bothered by loan mistakes of the past.
>>
>>1173799

Check out high speed rail, especially in Europe
>>
>>1176948
Most of that is on the list of things to do, but the Fox village isn't. Gives me reason to come back though. I'm afraid my schedule is already too full as it is.

>>1176949
I'm actually planning on staying on Miyajima at a ryokan, or at a hotel across the strait. Have to wait on the booking though, as neither one has opened up its booking for April yet. Regardless, I'll be visiting the island while I'm there. The other big thing for me is the Yamato Museum and and JMSDF Museum in Kure.
>>
Trying to decide between Lofoten and South Island NZ in May-June, if anyone has any input it's be greatly appreciated. I'm big on photography and road trips (soloed Iceland last year). From what I can gather:

NZ:
+ Glaciers and all sorts of nice landscapes
+ Everyone's mega chill
+ Quiet shoulder season
+ Auroras maybe
- Cold
- Weather is iffy
- Short days
- Shoulder season so the trees are dead but no decent snow yet?

Lofoten:
+ Less cold
+ Legendary landscapes
- Expensive af
- Total midnight sun so not even any dawn/dusks for pretty pictures?
>>
Nothing concrete right now, but I'm considering the following:

>US west coast (California, Oregon)
>Canada (Toronto area)
>Iceland
>England
>Israel

I'm an Amerifat living in Florida. Never left the country or went past the Mississippi River.
>>
>>1176982
yes thats the plan. probably wont get 100k though. im afraid to never be able to come back for family but i hate my origins anyway
>>
In February I'll have finished my masters course,and going for a 3 week holiday with my sister. Destination will be unknown until 4 days before departure, she can get 150ÂŁ return tickets through her work. Could be Mexico, Costa Rica, Sri Lanka, Thailand. Jamaica or
Florida. So that's exciting.

In April I'm going on a roadtrip (posted about it on trv bout a week ago but already been deleted). Me and some friends are going to drive from (Graz) Austria to Istanbul and back again, driving through all the Balkan/eastern countries on the way. (Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Croatia, Macedonia...)

After that I'm going to work for perhaps year then fuck off world I'm escaping to South America (Mexico-Colombia-Venezuela-Peru)

Thanks for asking :)
>>
England here.

Germany for New Years.
February, March and potentially April in BKK, Myanmar, Vietnam.
Croatia in summer.
Romania at some stage.
Morocco in winter.

Will try and squeeze in short breaks to Copenhagen, Italy, Poland, Vienna, St. Petersburg. Iran would be a plus but it's unlikely.
>>
>>1173903
Update: got a job.

So either going to Nippon or taking a freighter cruise.
>>
File: city_airlines.jpg (17KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
city_airlines.jpg
17KB, 480x270px
>Disney World, Orlando, FL
Only set plans. Gf wants to go and we happened to get an extra free day in one of the parks.

>Easter Island (via Chile)
Never met anyone who's been there and it seems like a cool place to see for a few days. Split the time between there and Chile

>Ireland
Never been, and a friend is willing to go as well. He also likes to drink, so he'll be in heaven.

>Jamaica
Possibly going with a friend for a job. Easier said than done.
>>
I live in Kansas
I would like to leave Kansas for a year or two
I have $1000 right now. Could get another $2-3k saved up by next august easily, but I have zero plans right now on where to go. I speak, read and write alright French, so would Quebec be a good idea, or is it expensive to live there?
>Why Quebec?
Seems easier than living in France for a year, at the very least since I could bring my car. Also its in the north, and is not hopelessly rural like Kansas (I think).
>>
>>1177509
Depends heavily on where exactly you're going.
>>
>>1177510
I was thinking Quebec City or Montreal
>>
>>1177512
Montreal feels more like an american city but is more expensive (but still completely livable provided you can find a decent job).
Quebec is cheaper but smaller.

Having lived in both of these places I prefer Quebec City by a long shot but I don't know a lot of people who feel the same way. Though that's mainly because it's kind of standard to snob QC when you're from Montreal and vice versa.

Hockey rivalry can go pretty deep through plebs' heads.
>>
>>1177513
Cheaper sounds easier to prepare for. It'd be more about living in Quebec with francophones, away from Kansas, than wanting to live in one specific city.

I suppose its a matter of finding a job now, if I want to stay for more than a visit. $3-5k won't get me very far I'm sure.
>>
January: 5 days in Valencia
February: a week in Malta
May: a week in Sicily
August: 5 days in Orkney Islands
November: 2 weeks in either Taiwan or Vietnam
>>
i don't have any travel goals

traveling is overrated, i could just look at google maps or youtube to experience another country
>>
Just bought my plane ticket for the 7th of March to London. From there I'll derp around Europe in the fashion of visiting the UK and Ireland, jumping to the Netherlands, continue on to Germany, pass through Luxembourg, hit France, Switzerland, Austria, and Italy, then jump to Greece, and finally fly to Spain, and then back home. Will have ~7 grand for the whole trip, so I'm hoping on 3 months of adventure.

Heavily considering getting a global Eurail pass. Anyone have any advice on that? Or any other topic really. This will be my first solo trip outside of North America, so any tips would be great.
>>
>>1173534
>>1173534
I posted a thread about travelling Australia (I live here, but rarely travel outside Melbourne) a while ago and I'm deadset on that happening. I'm aiming for it to happen in November of 2017. I would have liked to do it sooner, but due to some weird stuff at uni I won't be able to. I need to use the next break to save some money.

Anyway. My plan:
>I have a rough idea of were I want to go
>Probably going to be travelling light
>I haven't decided if I should get a roadbike and use that, or if I should use greyhound buses
>I haven't decided if I should take anybody else
I have 2 buddies who would be able to go on a road bike trip. I also have friends who could bus with me. I want to take my gf, but if I'm being honest, she's pretty sheltered and not tough or adaptable at all. I'm a little unsure how that would go. If she wants to join after hearing my plan, she's in
>I'm gonna have a cheap time of it, backpacker lodges and shit
>See how tough and street smart I really am
>I just need to work out how much exactly it'll cost
>Then I want $500 extra just in case
>I'm trying to get a different job to start saving, since my current one has cut my hours
>Started applying last week
Basically, I have what I want to do planned, just I won't be able to make solid plans until I have an idea of how much cash I'll have.

In the shorter term, this Feb my gf and I are spending a weekend in a beach town a few hours away, which is apparently nice (normie version of nice, at least).
>>
hungary and the balkans in june for 2 weeks
>>
>>1173534
Going to Europe from Australia by myself to backpack around.

Going in feburary(ish), and will most likely be starting in Athens and going around to italy etc and eventually working in England hopefully.
As an Australian I can get a 2 year work visa so I hope I can get a job.
>>
>>1177626
I would start in southern europe and then work my way up. Weather can still be pretty shitty in march and april in central europe. In spain and greece you´ll be far more likely to have decent temperatures at that time.
>>
>>1173548
You have your priorities straight
>>
>>1173769
Hanoi, Vietnam - Hoek van Holland, Netherlands
>>
>>1177512
I've lived in both QC and Montreal (Hongcouver fag here)

QC is much, much nicer in my opinion, although you will need to speak more french to get around
>>
>>1173534
lol forgot to put my plans with my last post >>1178109

Morocco for 2-5 weeks in January-February

It will be my first solo trip, still working on the itinerary. Just scoping it out, seeing if I like it enough to do it again (probably will)
>>
>>1173630
>no problem going to burma but afraid of gangs of rapists raving the European lands
Jesus dude
>>
>>1177261
NZ is to me a spring/summer/early autumn country. Lofoten among other places in Norway is perfect for hiking and photography during that time.
>>
>>1177466
>escaping to SA
cool, what're you gonna do down there?
>>
>>1173534
Just started making concrete plans to spend approximately six weeks with my family (wife, two small kids) in Italy in the summer of 2017; it's been a vague plan for a year or so but we've actually got the dates blocked out now and are working out the itinerary.

We plan to spend roughly two weeks somewhere in the North, another two weeks somewhere in the South, and the final two weeks moving around a bit. My adventurous elderly father will be joining us for part of the trip, so I'm thinking he and I will spend a few days in Albania, but other than that it is vague.

Goals are to look at old things, spend some time on a beach, eat pasta and risotto, drink wine, drink coffee, and relax. Oh, and I'll be working part of the time, so also to swill espresso and type furiously for a bit.
>>
Looking to visit some of the famous castles and islands in the north of Scotland, my country. If I get the time I'd like to ferry over to France or Ireland for a visit, and if I save enough I want to see Austria.
>>
>>1173534

Hoping to have a job lined up in Germany starting Sept 2017 after my contract finishes in the UK finishes in July. Hoping to spend the gap visiting family in Ireland and then travelling in Romania, Moldova and (if time permits) Ukraine.
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.