[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommend/Defend your country.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: World-flags[1].gif (208KB, 1172x1182px) Image search: [Google]
World-flags[1].gif
208KB, 1172x1182px
Hi /trv/! I'm an outsider of this board, and I will like to try an idea, sorry for my bad english.

I saw lot of people asking for advice about a country, but, would you recommend your country for traveling? I think it would be nice having a thread with just people saying "come here we have X".

Shall I start with my own country?
>>
>sorry for my bad english
>posting aus flag as his own country

just another cheap indian shill
>>
I would definitely recommend going to Cuba (my birthplace), it's absolutely gorgeous and full of interesting history

The one caveat is that travellers should stay well away from anything government-run, because not only does that support the dictatorship but the quality of privately-owned restaurants and lodging is just superior in every way
>>
File: america europe.jpg (86KB, 799x496px) Image search: [Google]
america europe.jpg
86KB, 799x496px
>>1173032
Laying aside the clumsy troll attempt in post 2, this might be a fun thread.

US here, our natural park system is amazing, museums in Washington, New York and Chicago (and others) are among the best in the world, our kitschy roadside attractions (SEE THE WORLD'S BIGGEST FRYING PAN!) add a dash of absurdity to your travels and the geographic and social diversity we have means when you get tired of one thing, there are a dozen alternatives waiting for you.
>>
I'm glad you people are liking the idea. Also, I'm OP, I'm not the ausfag, and I'm actually from Spain (that's why my english is fucked up).

I would recommend coming here if you like to party a lot. We have lot of intelectual interests too like museums or outdoor activities like our National Parks (DoƱana, for example).

But, as I'm aware of it, we're cheap as fuck on party matters. Meditrrraneo is great almost all year, like Baleares or Canarias, and you can even go to Madrid or Barcelona if you like big cities.

I didn't want to start with my country since it would look like I was bragging about it.
>>
>>1173032
Where is North Korea?

Wait, wtf is this Alphabetical order or not?
>>
>>1173192
Oddly, the Koreas are under K, but Northern Ireland is under N.

On the plus side, I know know that the boat on Below Decks is flagged in the Marshall Islands.
>>
File: 1476713296067.jpg (754KB, 1800x1175px) Image search: [Google]
1476713296067.jpg
754KB, 1800x1175px
>>1173032
So this s like the anti-rule one thread?
>>
>>1173209
No, if I'm getting it right.

The thing is, instead of people asking for countries, we will offer our own countries to people. I think it is a funny way to do things for a while. Example

I'm from France
>Come to France because etc.

I'm from Germany
>Come to Germany because etc.

I'm from China
>Come to China because etc.

Look what they did:
>>1173133
>>1173134

And my own example, of course.
>>
>>1173275
I say anti rule one because typically on /trv/ people always tell people not to come to there home country/city. For reference look at the current Amsterdam thread. I guess it's indicative of travelers always trying to get away from home
>>
OP here, I'm suggesting the second part of my idea, which is asking for some country to defended. It doesn't matter if it is on moving matters, or visiting or whatever you like.

I would like to ask for someone who defend North Europe countries. More specific, nordic countries.
>>
>>1173032
Representing Belgium

Ghent should be your priority city to visit, not Brussels or Bruges. It's pretty like Bruges, with less than half the tourists and a better nightlife.

Other than that Belgium isn't all that spectacular, it's very grey and flat. Tourists do find Belgians to be pretty helpful and nice, although hard to approach at first.
>>
Canadanian living in Toronto here.

Visit Toronto and stay for a month at least, then you'll never complain about the place you live in again. I promise you there is no place as drained of soul as this hellhole.
>>
>>1174252
I'm curious about Canada in general. Why is that bad?
>>
Catalonia,
its like spain and france plus italy but not retarded
>>
>>1174208
Pretty solid. I'd say Bruges is a daytrip from Ghent (am from Mechelen myself), but indeed not more.
>>
Actual ausfag here.
Come to Australia, we have koalas and kangaroos.

Australia is a fun place, Melbourne is the pick of the cities. Way better than Sydney although Sydney harbour is nice.
Travel north from Sydney along the coast. Visit the blue mountains and walk the bush trails, just don't be a twat tourist and go wandering as you'll likely get lost and die.

Yes pretty much everything here will try to kill you, but it builds character.

Just come, cunts, you'll be right
>>
>>1174866
I love how did you do it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.