[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck this Place! The food is shit, the people are retarded, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

File: amsterdam.jpg (194KB, 1280x700px) Image search: [Google]
amsterdam.jpg
194KB, 1280x700px
Fuck this Place! The food is shit, the people are retarded, and the weather is depressing. I need to get the fuck out as fast as possible.
>>
File: IMG_1460.jpg (5MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1460.jpg
5MB, 5184x3456px
>>1172985
I felt the exact same way while I was there during two 21 hour layovers back and forth from the USA.

I thought it would be cool to be there, so I specifically chose long layovers.
When I arrived I walked around for something like 10 hours straight and saw all the important stuff. It sucked -- everything is overpriced, the city is dirty, and it's full of oddballs.

Coming back I ended up staying in Schiphol Airport and shitposting on /int/ because I didn't want to put any extra money into the Dutch economy.

At least the airport has free and reliable wifi.
>>
>>1172985
>>1172998
never been there, can you guys articulate why it's so bad?
>>
Bye, you won't be missed
>>
>>1172985
>>1172998
>visits Amsterdam of all places the Netherlands has to offer
Your own fault. Should have taken the first train out.
>>
>>1172985
>goes to Amsterdam
>Complains about weather
>goes to Amsterdam
>ends up in most touristy parts
>complains about food there
Seriously, don't you read about a place before going?
Do your research and Amsterdam is amazing.
Don't and it will suck. That's your fault though.
>>
>>1173051
This.

>>1172998
>prefers airport to european capital
You must have rich and fulfilling life
>>
>>1172998
Hahaha. Hangout in an air port instead of at least trying to fin something cool or interesting. Sad cubit
>>
>>1173078
This
>>
>>1173087
>>1173100
To be fair, Schipol isnpje of the best airports out there, with a museum and library and all of the Heinekens your heart could desire
>>
>>1173110
>Heineken
One of the most over-rated beers in the world imo. And I'm Dutch.
>>
>>1173110
>all of the Heinekens your heart could desire
Why would anyone with a smidgen of taste desire Heineken
>>
>>1173110
>>1173113
I've never met anyone who likes Heineken, and I'm Dutch
>>
>>1172985
I thought it was cool, but I mostly travel for the architecture and enjoy that kind of weather

My only real complaints about the place are that food is meh and the weed is too dank, my girlfriend's scarf still kinda smells of weed and we never actually went into any of the smoking places
>>
File: first rule of trv.jpg (773KB, 1800x1175px) Image search: [Google]
first rule of trv.jpg
773KB, 1800x1175px
Usually this waits for the second post,it is unusual and violates custom to start with it.
>>
>>1173131
>my girlfriend's scarf still kinda smells of weed and we never actually went into any of the smoking places
That means your girlfriend is actively smoking weed and lying about it
>>
>>1173113
>And I'm Dutch.
>>1173123
>and I'm Dutch

See >>1173135
Heineken is one of the most popular brands in the world. In the USA behind only Corona for imports.
>>
File: Willem-Alexander-Neuspeuteren.jpg (31KB, 460x250px) Image search: [Google]
Willem-Alexander-Neuspeuteren.jpg
31KB, 460x250px
>>1173016
>>1173078
>>1173086
>>1173087
>>1173131

OP here. I've lived in this godforsaken city for 3 years. I have 2 more to go, and I'm dreading it. You want to know the truth? I don't go to the touristy places, or to the most popular places. The local Dutch are some of most stupid people I ever had to deal with. These goddamn cheeseheads are always making my life miserable. They are pathological liars, cold-hearted, snobby, and overall douchebags.

I've eaten at local DUTCH restaurants, and have been appalled by the food. Fired gravy, Fried beef slop, Fried Cheese, mashed up vegetables, bland sausage, and fucking raw herring stuffed with fucking onions and pickles. Hate me all you want, but I only ever eat at non-dutch restaurants. Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, Indonesian, etc.

I'll be honest, the weather isn't as big a issue as I made it out to be. However, it's gloomy most days. It fucking sucks.

inb4 Butthurt Cheeseheads
>>
>>1173229
Why would >we be butthurt? You're the only one acting butthurt here. If you don't like it, then just leave. No one is forcing you to stay. You'll get replaced by another airhead expat in seconds
>>
>>1172985
ya, ive been twice and i never liked it.
i mean it's pretty and stuff, but that's it. utrecht, delft, and rotterdam are more interesting.
>>
>>1173250
It's called being an adult. I'm on assignment, and plan finish it out to the end. Adults don't just leave if they don't like something. Obviously you wouldn't understand, Dutch people are extremely lazy.
>>
File: IMG_1394.jpg (5MB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1394.jpg
5MB, 5184x3456px
>>1173016
>can you guys articulate why it's so bad?
I am this guy ( >>1172998 ) and I will expand a bit:

>It's very pricey
Hostels are very expensive (40 euros or more a night), and there are lots of genuinely interesting places throughout the city, but they all have a high cost of entrance.
I would have liked to go inside Ons' Lieve Heer op Solder, but it's 10 euros to get into it, then another 9 euros for the Anne Frank House, 17.50 euros for the Rijksmuseum...
Compare that to London, where a hostel is somewhere between 10 - 20 pounds, and all the major museums are free.

>It's generally boring and relies upon hookers and drugs
There are a shit ton of tourists in the city, and most of them are going there because they have at least some sort of interest in the red light district, whether it's drugs, prostitution, or both.
Overall, it becomes touristy as fuck and you'll notice lots of drug related stuff.
I'm totally fine with people doing drugs, but I personally can't stand these 420 blaze it faggot people or seeing that stuff all around.

On the plus side, nearly everyone I interacted with was nice, besides some retarded African guy and a Moroccan-looking guy with mental problems.
And it's probably great for the 18 - 22 year old crowd that might not have tried drugs or is still a virgin, and just wants to have some fun while they are a student.

I know there are a lot of good places in the Netherlands, so I would recommend people go elsewhere.
Literally any other city is probably better because 95% of tourists only go to the Netherlands for Amsterdam specifically drugs and prostitutes.
>>
>>1173207
>>1173135

Same guy as >>1173113 an >>1173086 here.
I definitely don't hate on Amsterdam. Quite the opposite. It's just Heineken that I always disliked. I don't care how big it is, it's just not a particularly good beer. And I think The Heineken Experience is a terribly commercial and fake tour as well. Any real beer lover would be a lot better off visiting small breweries like Jopen (Haarlem) or IJ (Amsterdam).
>>
>>1173282
>adult
>does nothing but complain about Dutch people and Amsterdam

kek, thanks for your money though

>>1173286
>40 euros or more a night

Really no. I just checked hostelworld and it starts at 15 euros a night for a place smack bang in the middle of the city center.

>Overall, it becomes touristy as fuck and you'll notice lots of drug related stuff.

Only at the Red Light District and around Dam square. 90% of the tourists don't venture outside of those areas.
>>
>>1173204
She's 5-0 so I doubt it

It's pretty much the only reason why we didn't
>>
>>1173348
Clearly not enough Dutch starved during the 2nd world war.
>>
>>1173465
why so edgy mohammed?
>>
>>1173348
>I just checked hostelworld and it starts at 15 euros a night
I was there during June so prices will be different during the off season.
>>
>>1173483

ooh so that explains why i couldnt find a hotel in new york for lesst han 150 bucks in june

you fucking moron offcourse prices are higher in the peaktimes, what did you expect
>>
>>1174623
>you fucking moron offcourse prices are higher in the peaktimes, what did you expect
You didn't read my posts correctly if that's what you took away from them.
>>
How's the immigrant situation in Amsterdam?
>>
>>1172985
>travel to northern Europe in autumn
>weather is depressing

How retarded are you?
>>
>>1174679
City is now around 50% non-western immigrant. The situation is manageable now, but it will worsen in the near future. If the percentage increases further, we'll have the same shit as Brussels and Paris.
>>
I fuckin love it.
>>
Rotterdam is waaaayyy better. But plis don't come here. Stay in Amsterdam. Really, stay there!
>>
>>1174742
>50% non-western immigrant
>The situation is manageable now

How the fuck is that considered manageable? You've lost your city to foreigners, and not even ones that at least share your continental background. Disgusting.
>>
>>1174773
I find it disgusting just like you, but what can I do about it?
> inb4 race war now
>>
Seriously. Sometimes 4chan takes the fucking cake. Local from Amsterdam, born and raised.

First off; sorry you had a poor experience OP. Amsterdam can be dope as hell, but can also be cold i imagine. See we get so many freaking tourists coming for the OMG amsterdam meme, locals can find it rather unnerving and boring.

As to the idiots talking about 50% non western immigrants and the situation being "manageable" seriously dude gtfo. Amsterdam historically has ALWAYS had immigrants, its why and how they prosper. International trade, etc etc. Even in the 16th and 17th century we had jews, catholics, protestants the whole shebang mix and match.

Most people from Amsterdam, the LOCALS are proud of this fact, and love that about amsterdam. No1 judges, where you from, as long as you come in and are chill and cool.

If you have a problem, go live in Almere or some other white suburbia you redneck pvv'er :) sincerely, a local.
>>
>>1174773
go back to pol, or suck donald trumps dick. The reason we have fuckin hot woman is cuz we have all races in our huge melting pot,

Ever been with a half surinam half maroccan girl?
Half egyptian half dutch? A fine norwegian tourist, here its all possible.

But redneck retards like you could never see, understand and comprehend that potential. Muh race, Muh country, Muh idiot 4 life. dw, stay away, more for us lil fagg.
>>
>>1174931
>go live in Almere
Fellow Dutch here. You're crossing the line there man. You shouldn't wish something that horrible upon anybody.
>>
File: 1337018669071.png (179KB, 352x335px) Image search: [Google]
1337018669071.png
179KB, 352x335px
>>1174933
>half surinam half maroccan girl
my dick
>>
>>1174931
>Even in the 16th and 17th century we had jews, catholics, protestants the whole shebang mix and match.
Are religions synonymous for races now?
>>
File: QT.jpg (32KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
QT.jpg
32KB, 448x468px
>>1175006
The local again.

Religions are not synonymous for races no; but they do reveal the level of tolerance and diversity that has historically been around in the mindset of both Dutch people, and this city. These people from various religions also came from various (european) countries, fleeing prosecution from their home-countries for practising a different religion. Spain, Britain, France, Portugal these kind of places. Since we wouldn't hang / shoot them, nor exclude them from society, they could work harmoniously, and teach us their ways of making money. This is what the dutch have always done, and this has made us well connected, and more importantly rich. Important things, considering our actual size - 16 million or 2x New York...

People like you (i'm making a guess here) are often to dumb to realize these perks, and call for dumb shit like muh empire, muh race, muh retardation. Pro-tip. Look at Brexit. The british have cucked themselves hard; with this retarded vote, and they are going to get shafted by both the EU and the rest of the world, because they are so out of reality with the way the cookie crumbles. But retards like you, and wilders, and whoever voted for/believed Nigel Farage don't seem to get this.

Stay salty and cry, and afraid of all the "arabs" and "immigrants" While i take a crack at these beauties. Or study history; become a better man/person and stay less salty and see the beauty of it all.
>>
>>1174931
>>1174933
t. Muhammad and Geedi
>>
>>1175015
kys Groenlinks faggot

Never been to Nieuw West I assume?
>>
>>1175015
>>1175015
Why do you have to call him a retard? You seem very self-righteous and insufferable.

It's funny to me that you seem to be very proud of a supposed Dutch tolerance and yet are also very intolerant of opposing points of view.
>>
>>1173282
>It's called being an adult.
" I'm on assignment, and plan finish it out to the end." Is the first adult thing you've said so far though.
>>
>>1174931
>go live in Almere
Shots fucking fired!
>>
>>1175018
>>>/pol/

i think you'll find more friends here
>>
>>1174933
>diversity is good because muh dick says so.
>>
>>1175015
Spot the foreigner.
>>
>>1174933
> people are concerned about the amount of immigration to certain country
> immediately get labelled "racist", "far-right" Trump-supporters
nice discussion tactics, friendo
>>
>>1175038
Admitted, i did assume a lot, and stated i would.
But to me, people voting for people like Nigel Farage, Trump, Geert wilders, often the type who seem to say things like 'muh immigration, muh jobs' etc, seem to not comprehend the totality of problems and vote for politicians who make reality seem more simple than it actually is. In order to further their own personal political agenda's of power and influence.

Also often, these people complain that an immigrant is taking their job and spoils, well here is a message m8, the world is harsh. Improve, or go home and cry and hope some politician feeding you bullshit is gonna make it better....

Case in point: brexit. Nigel farage cucked literally all the poor socioeconomic people on the bottom of the ladder, promising shit he can't deliver and making their lot worse off having to negotiate an impossible brexit deal.

I'm all for philosophical arguments, debates and counterpoints. But all i'm reading is ad honinems since i disagree with baseless attacks against immigration with no analysis or solutions, just complaints really.

I am proud of Dutch tolerance, we also have another thing we call the 'poldermodel' which means seeking the midground as much as possible. But for that to happen, i would kindly ask for more substantive debate, instead of 1 liners, which remind me of said politicians above.

Also;--> i would be closer to VVD (except i disagree with their populist rightwing rhetoric, its far removed from the 'liberal' principles they profess to protect. Otherwise D66 is a party i often align with. And Yes i have been to nieuw west, also have friends from there working for very good companies like Shell, Abn Amro, Philiphs. Sure there is riff raff, but the same could be said for white trash. Stop blaming other people for your lot, and focus on your own improvement.

My take anyway. Apologies for calling people retards. But it is 4chan afterall.
>>
>>1174931
>>1175015
>>1175146
Summary of your posts: "Look at me, I'm from Amsterdam" (Like most amsterdammers do).

Can't really blame you, currently looking for living place in Amsterdam. But I understand that people think Amsterdammers are arrogant/rude.
>>
>>1175157
Look at you; ad honinem.

But still wants to come live in the city of arrogant fucks (like me) and uncontrollable immigrants? 'muh immigration' lolz
>>
>>1175157
And i felt obliged; to come in since you guys are debating the status and deal of my actual hometown, so apologies for wanting to have a say in the matter.

Honestly though; Good luck on the housing search. I have old friends in your spot and i know the hassle and haggle involved. 10 years ago it was way better i agree, have had low socio eco people actually move out. Gentrification they call that shit. A much more important topic and consequence of globalization. Rich buying all properties and kicking out locals while renting to expats for extreme prices.
All amsterdammers care about this kind of shit way more than 'muh immigration'. I'll leave this for now, hope everybody finds in life what they look for, and remember to look inside first, always.
>>
I love Amsterdam and I've been 3 times, 2 of which weren't great because I went with other people but that 1 time I went solo was pretty great
But with everytime I go there, I see more and more drug dealers who drive me nuts with their shit
Can't look anyone in the eye before they go with their usual bullshit "pssst coke"
Also, the coffee sucks and most waiters are just passive aggresive dicks

That being said, I'll visit again because I like the place overall
>>
File: 200w_d.gif (120KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
200w_d.gif
120KB, 200x150px
>>1174772
A thousand times this
>>
>>1175198
Give him time, he will change his mind and see Amsterdam for the shithole it is.

People in Holland tend to mock Almere, but the real joke is that it's still better to live there than in Amsterdam.

And if you do need to visit Amsterdam for whatever reason, don't forget your tetanus shot.
>>
File: 1404195342437.jpg (193KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1404195342437.jpg
193KB, 600x600px
Friend and I are going to Amsterdam for three nights and we're wondering how much we can fit into that time and what we should concentrate on.

Weed, drinking, partying, etc. isn't what we're here for (though we'll probably take a look at the red light district out of curiosity). What museums are recommended? Are there any areas away from the touristy spots that we might enjoy?
>>
>>1175854
Best museum = Rijksmuseum
Cool museum worth visiting = Resistance museum
Popular museum probably not worth visiting = Anne Frank House
>>
>>1173286
>and there are lots of genuinely interesting places throughout the city, but they all have a high cost of entrance.

this is why you get a city pass, free public transport and free entry into most cultural venues including the rijksmuseum / rembrandmuseum

http://www.iamsterdam.com/en/i-am/i-amsterdam-city-card/what-is-included
>>
>>1175854
nemo science museum is pretty cool, also you could take a 20 min train to Leiden and visit the museum of antiquities ( rijksmuseum van oudheden), they have a lot of cool stuff, including a full (small) egyptian temple that was transported in parts and rebuild inside the museum
>>
>>1173229
I'm Dutch and i agree with you on some things but if you don't like Amsterdam (i hate it as well) just move to another city, th Netherlands is a really small country you could just live in Utrecht wich is way better and only a 25min trainride from Amsterdam.
>>
>>1174931
>Amsterdam historically has ALWAYS had immigrants

It did but not as much as now, plus they used to be mostly from western countries unlike the muslim scum that's ruining the city (and all the other big cities) now. You probably live in a comfy upper class neighbourhood with mostly whites, try living in bos en lommerd or noord or de bijlmer you groenlinks/sp/d66/pvda cunt.
>>
File: Hipster-Kitty-iceland.jpg (59KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
Hipster-Kitty-iceland.jpg
59KB, 407x405px
>>1175855
>Rijksmuseum

Always makes me think of the phallus museum in Reykjavik. Why they didnt name it the Dijkmuseum I'll never understand.
>>
>>1172985
>visiting the shitty dudeweedlmao meme tourist trap instead of the actually decent smaller cities full of culture and history.

Go to Utrecht or Leiden or something if you want a cultural experience. There's actually shit to do there.

>the weather is depressing
Well what the fuck do you expect, it's damn near November. Go in the summer if you want nice weather you dumb cunt.
>>
>>1173207
It's popular because it's cheap and because American beer is even worse, so Heineken tastes like the drink of the gods in comparison.

It's not popular because it's good. Fucking everyone drinks something else when it's available.
>>
>>1173229
You are a fucking retard mate.
What the fuck did you expect? Take ANY major city on the world and you'll find it's filled with the biggest and dumbest cunts around.
Why do you think the most basic travelling advice is to avoid big tourist-trap cities?

>I've eaten at local DUTCH restaurants
Clearly you haven't, because frying shit isn't exactly dutch. At all.
But fuck, you're clearly lying, because there's no fucking restaurant serving raw herring in that fashion. That's shit you get at a market stand.
You're one to talk about "pathological liars".
>>
>>1174679
Same as any major city.

Stick to other cities like Leiden instead. Haarlem too I guess, just avoid one particular neighborhood (which isn't even that bad, relatively)

Amsterdam, Den Haag and Rotterdam are cancer
>>
>>1174931
>Amsterdam historically has ALWAYS had immigrants, its why and how they prosper.

You mean the historic immigrants who:
>brought knowledge and skills out of fear of persecution in other countries during the Golden Age
>weren't actually immigrants but were supposed to work for a small time

Take just one look at immigrant neighbourhoods and tell me more about prosperity.
>>
>>1175015
Your entire argument is pointing at the past, completely ignoring the current situation.
Sorry to break it to you, but Amsterdam is unanimously considered a shitheap in its current state. Today's immigrants bring no prosperity.

>or study history
kek
>>
>>1173282
he's not wrong about being lazy...
>>
>>1175015
god i fucking hate cloggys
>>
>>1173286
Uhm, hostels are pretty cheap in Amsterdam. You just don't know where to look. Try the Christian one in red light, it is dirt cheap.

Also, yes, it's a touristy city. Try to get out of red light though, which is a stone's throw from Central Station, and check it out.

Also the prostitutes in Amsterdam are all scam artists. And there are so many drunk tourist girls in concentration that are trying to get loose that you really shoudn't need any. Literally never been with one that didn't try to scam. The ones all over Germany though (Cologne, Hamburg, Munich) are fucking angels though.

The drugs are decent, but there is better and cheaper stuff in the rest of Netherlands. Lots of overpriced spots in Amsterdam, where you are just paying for location, location, location.

It is what it is though, born and raised in a tourist city myself, where we sell litres of water for 17$ where I work. Sucks.
>>
>>1176581
That's only a good value if you want to hop around a bunch of museums in just a few days.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.