[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help, I want to go to a European city with the culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: basilica.jpg (123KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
basilica.jpg
123KB, 1280x800px
Please help,

I want to go to a European city with the culture and size of Florence, I went there last year and I was able to walk to all of the tourist destinations. I don't want to drive, I'll be on a budget

Please help, preferably not Italy for France because I've been there a lot
>>
>>1172794
Brugge, maybe
>>
>>1172794
Vienna or Budapest
>>
If you want something authentically French, I'd go to Québec. Just came back from there a couple days ago and was blown away. It is far more French than France is, and absolutely beautiful. Went there just at the right time for fall colors.

But I'll let you on in a little secret, but you can't tell normies about it, okay?

Lviv, Ukraine

>super cheap
>almost no tourists
>lots of history and culture (mix of central european/slav)
>beautiful architecture
>sexy women (and men)

But when you come back you can thank me and tell all the normies how horrible it was so they will never go there. You're welcome ;)
>>
>>1172794
Not Italy nor France, then I'll recommend you a Spanish city. Cordoba is great, it has culture and it's not very big. Santiago de Compostela, Salamanca, Bilbao, Toledo and San Sebastián are also not too big cities and have everything at a walkable distance. They are not culturally comparable to Florence though, Madrid and Barcelona are, but you'll find them too big and expensive.
>>
>>1172794
If you don't mind dealing with weed tourists, Amsterdam is super walkable and has plenty of culture.
>>
>>1172825
>Québec is far more French than France is,
Alright, I know you're shitposting, but I'll bite. Wtf are you talking about ?

I don't know if you're trying to take a jab at Paris for not being as stereotypically French as you'd expect, but fucking Québec ? Bar the language and some anecdotal customs, they're heavily north Americans, they haven't so much in common with French culture.

>>1172794
Sarajevo might be a good place for you
>>
>>1172916
>Sarajevo
great suggestion. Not sure about art museums, but if you mean 'culture' broadly, then yeah, there's plenty of it. Tons of history (former part of the Austro-Hungarian empire, where Archduke Franz Ferdinand was murdered (you can see the bridge, the exact spot!), tons of stuff from the yugo-wars, great mix of Islam and Christian culture.

Another suggestion would be St. Petersburg. Tons of top-notch museums, and the city itself is a work of art. Super cheap now because of the Ruble going down, I'd say definitely cheaper than Florence right now. There's bound to be english-speaking expats, and the locals there aren't so bad with languages either.

Final suggestions, Dresden or Leipzig. Do some research and you'll see.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.