[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

places near Thai that don't harass you with visa?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: circle_border_wrong_color.jpg (92KB, 1000x993px) Image search: [Google]
circle_border_wrong_color.jpg
92KB, 1000x993px
I love Thai for the climate, friendly people, food, old school way of dealing with things. I love it all. But it's just beyond me how a country that's dependant on tourism just fucks tourists so hard with the visas.

For example, as an European I could go to Spain or Malta and stay there for few decades and nobody would give a damn. In thailand you exceed a week of visa and get ready to fined, jailed and/or deported.

Any alternatives to Thailand living cost wise, but without the constant visa harassment.

Cheers /trv/ this is my first time here. Pic not related, literally the only picture I had on this laptop.
>>
>>1172723
>as an European I could go to Spain or Malta
that's not a fair comparison. EU is like half-way towards being a single country. Which is why Brexit. Anyway.

I've heard Cambodia is much easier to arrange long-stay visas when already there. Apparently that's where the Thai expat community is slowly shifting to. Otherwise, all the neighbouring countries (except china) have visa on arrival or visa-free for Europeans, but only short-term.
>>
>>1172723
I know a couple of people who split the year between Thailand (6 mo) and Cambodia (6 mo), the maximum length you can stay in Thailand per year on tourist visas and/or exemptions.

Poster above is right about Cambodia--at least for now one can still buy an indefinitely renewable business visa for a few hundred dollars, on very flimsy pretext. Crazy dictator could always change the rules (about that or anything else), but for now it's still on.
>>
>>1172723
How long are you looking to live in Thailand? There are other visas besides tourist ones
>>
>>1172723
why not just move...?
like 3 months thailand, 3 months malaysia, 3 months indonesia, and then start over, then you keep it legal and don't need to ask for extensions and shit.
>>
>>1172775
Quite possibly two years.

>>1172771
>>1172732

Thanks Anons. Cambodia coming up next, then.
>>
>>1172723
>and stay there for few decades and nobody would give a damn.
That's literally not true though, even in the EU. You still have to register and you still have to have means to support yourself etc.
>>
If you have money, Phillipines will give you a resident visa for loaning a bank $75,000
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.