[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Serbia Safe?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: serbia.jpg (52KB, 575x359px) Image search: [Google]
serbia.jpg
52KB, 575x359px
Hi, I'm planning on going to Serbia for vacation, but I'm wondering if it's safe, for a specific reason.

I'm Indian and I grew up learning that many Serbs hate Muslims. Though I'm not Muslim, you would probably think so if you saw me.

Will I get attacked or be avoided by the people there because of my brown skin or will they not care. Any precautions I should take?

It's a beautiful country and I'm sure it's filled with good people, but I just don't want any problems of that nature.
>>
File: serbs.jpg (49KB, 624x411px) Image search: [Google]
serbs.jpg
49KB, 624x411px
>>1172543
General rule for visible outsiders everywhere is you're as welcome as your money.

It isn't just about skin color or religion for them. A serbian nationalist would hate catholic croats more than any indian muslim. But most people aren't like that.

Indian like Punjabi, or more like Tamil? There's certainly some racism there, but being Indian could put you in a wide range of skin colors. There's a lot of swarthy serbs too. Even if you're dravidian you could enjoy the nature, but the lighter your skin the less racism you'll encounter.

If you stick with tourism you'll be fine. I wouldn't expect a warm welcome from women if you go clubbing, and maybe avoid the football ultras on match day.

I'd think the average indian would have more street smarts than most westerners who go there.
>>
>>1172621
I'm certainly not white, but I'm no where close to South Indian levels of dark. I'm just in the middle and brown in the way that I can't pass off as white.

If I wanted to talk to the locals, would some get upset unless I look well off? What's the worst that can happen? Is a bar a safe place to go to?
>>
>>1172621
Thanks for the advice by the way.
>>
>>1172543

Really don't think you'd have too many problems.

One of my best friends is from Russia but is ethnically Turkish. Him and a lot of his extended family were offered political asylum in the United States, as their people had been persecuted for the better part of a century. He's told me a lot of stories about racism in his state and city.

Recently he went to go visit Poland and Ukraine, as he's related to a number of Tatars in the latter. He was discriminated against in both countries, considered "untrustworthy" (our friend's aunt didn't want to give him the key to the apartment he was staying - bear in mind my friend is a former Peace Corps volunteer and current med student), and blatantly called a "nigger."

However, when he went to the beach and saw an Indian family, people were getting downright giddy and trying to sing Bollywood songs to them.
>>
>>1172543
>I'm Indian and I grew up learning that many Serbs hate Muslims. Though I'm not Muslim, you would probably think so if you saw me.
strange, plenty of serbs are brown btw
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.