[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forbidden places you wish to go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 24

File: Jan Mayen, Norway.jpg (57KB, 800x553px) Image search: [Google]
Jan Mayen, Norway.jpg
57KB, 800x553px
/trv/, where's somewhere that you would like to go, but cannot, for whatever reason? (and why?)

Because of cost, Almost none of us can go to space.

Because of visa difficulties, there are a number of countries your average Westerner cannot go to (especially if your visa application gets denied).

Because of access restrictions, almost no one except chosen scientists can visit Norway's only active volcano on the island of Jan Mayen.

So, where do you want to go but cannot?
>>
>>1172309
I'm going to visit Hong Kong this December and really wanted to get to the highest part of it at the peak of Tai Mo Shan, since it was easy and would be a good way to spend an afternoon.
Unfortunately for me, the peak itself is actually occupied by a restricted-access observatory which apparently is secretly used by the Chinese PLA
>>
I've always wanted to visit other galaxies and explore their planets. Maybe even interact with the lifeforms there.
>>
Inb4 North Korea
>>
>>1172311
Good news is, there are lots of life-forms you can interact with here...
>>
>>1172311

>>1172312
Implying DPRK is even rare nowadays.

You niggas need to git gud
>>
>>1172309
Socotra seems amazing but is basically impossible to get to right now given the regional situation.
>>
>>1172311
Sir, I believe I have the perfect opportunity for you. I am selling tickets on my intergalactic space ship and YOU could be on our upcoming trip to another galaxy. Just deposit $1,000,000 into my account and we will pick you up via beam shortly.
>>
File: ma.jpg (3MB, 2500x1630px) Image search: [Google]
ma.jpg
3MB, 2500x1630px
Mount Athos looks neat.

Not being Orthodox, I don't think I'd bother trying to get in
>>
I'd love to visit Iran. But if I do, I get a travel ban to the US. Fucking unfair.
>>
The catacombs underneath The Vatican should be interesting.
>>
>>1172372
>I'd love to visit Iran. But if I do, I get a travel ban to the US.
What??? Says who?
>>
>>1172372
>>1172379
This is literally a myth. You don't get a travel ban if you go to Iran. If American customs question you just tell them you were there " for business ", if they ask you to specify add " OR Alloy salesman " adding in Takbir before or after the statement will get you out of the line faster.
>>
>>1172379
>>1172382
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2016/01/251577.htm

It is no myth. It is true, and a gigantic pain in the ass for travelers.
>>
New Jersey
>>
I wish to visit the north pole, I dont think there are access restrictions but I wish to do it solo on foot/ski, and I don't think it would be allowed unless I was labeled as an adventurer and had a tv crew following, which kills the solitude I was after anyways.
>>
Do you guys think the Trans siberian railroad trip will be possible in the next few years for americans, with as much as things are heating up with Russia and the US?
>>
>>1172384

US citizen here. I'd do it anyway.
>>
>>1172421
As a US citizen you're obviously not affected. It's for the citizens of visa waiver countries.

Basically, blaming the jews is not a meme this time.
>>
>>1172398
>a tv crew following, which kills the solitude I was after

Hide behind an ice cube until they go away.
>>
>1172403
It was possible during the actual cold war, I doubt it's going to get that bad again

>>1172398
The north pole is the same as the open sea, there's no usage restrictions.

It would just be having enough money, and someone to fly you in and out.

Biggest problem with going on foot to the actual north pole is the sea ice constantly moves. You could be on the north pole today, and without moving be 20km away tomorrow.
>>
I really want to go to Wake, Midway and Kwajalein.

Wake and Kwajalein are really off limits, as you can only go there as military personell or civil contractor and certainly not as non US citizen.

Midway might become possible. I've written myself in at Uni for Biology as apparently the US sometimes gives out visiting rights for scientists, so that might actually work.

Iwo Jima aswell, but the only company allowed to organize visits there is miltours, which doesn't have a tout for 2017. So far.
>>
i would love to go and visit the states but unfortunately i am not from a country on the visa waiver program and have no family there nor any friends, i am fucked, god bless america though, its my dreamland
>>
>>1172810
Where r u from
>>
Turkmenistan

It's almost like North Korea. The bureaucracy makes it super hard to get in. I want to go camping out by the Darvaza Door To Hell. Too bad I can only stay in the country for only 5 fucking days and be with a tour guide.

Also, I've always wanted to go to Afghanistan and Northern Pakistan. It looks absolutely beautiful but almost impossible to get to.

Myanmar seems like a pain in the ass too.

Bouvet Island just to say I've been in the most isolated place on Earth.
>>
>>1172818
>Myanmar seems like a pain in the ass too.
Uh, no. It's pretty easy. You just apply for a tourist visa like to anywhere else. Once in, you can travel by planes. Lodging is scarce and expensive but still not a huge problem. Beautiful unspoiled country, would recommend.
>>
>>1172398
There apparently are companies that do charter trips to the NP. My stepbrother went there a few years ago.
>>
File: 1460539993941.jpg (46KB, 599x401px) Image search: [Google]
1460539993941.jpg
46KB, 599x401px
My father visited most of the Middle East in the 70's in a shitty car with four of his friends, and then going through India, Singapore, Thailand, and Japan (kinda following the hippie trail, though instead of going from Turkey to Iran he went through Syria, Lebanon, Israel, etc ). He told me about this trip since I was little kid, slowly adding the more graphic details as a I grew older. Took him a year and a half when he was 19.

Many of the places he went through are now unsafe, but we always said we would go to at least some of the same places together once I graduated. Well, I graduated two years ago, and we were making some plans to go to Turkey.

But he died 6 months ago. Throat cancer. He always hated doctors and got diagnosed too late. And I basically had to drag him to a doctor too.

So I've had this idea of trying to do exactly the same trip. Alone. But of course I'd get beheaded, blown up, or taken hostage in like a third of the countries. And I'm a broke university student. He set out with the equivalent of IIRC 1000 euros, but it was another time.
>>
Iwo Jima maybe. Its the only place I can think of off the top of my head.
>>
Novaya Zemlya
>>
>>1172819
I\ve heard that there's plenty of land mines laying around all over the country though.
>>
>>1172837

Are you by any chance related to any WW2 veterans? Because if you are it's pretty easy to get there with miltours. https://www.miltours.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=57&product_id=112

If you're not you might still find a veteran who is willing to go there and sign up as his companion.

If you're not from the US (like me) you can always write them that you'll pay double or triple and still get turned down.
>>
File: nahanni-valley.jpg (147KB, 750x527px) Image search: [Google]
nahanni-valley.jpg
147KB, 750x527px
>>1172309

tuktut nogait national park, Canada

it is very expensive to get there but if you do you'll be in one of the most isolated, beautiful and untouched places on earth.
>>
>>1172819
Isn't tourist access forbidden to most of the country, though?
>>
>>1172814
Poland
>>
>>1172342
Mate of mine managed to go there, he ain't orthodox, but he has taken some interest in Orthodoxy for giggles
He went with his uncle, apparently is pretty alright there
>>
File: sa.jpg (41KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
sa.jpg
41KB, 564x423px
I want to see all the cool pre-Islamic stuff in Saudi Arabia and Yemen.
>>
>>1172927
I can say, having been to Madain Saleh, those ruins are real cool
It's a fucking shame though that a lot of Arabs dont respect it and that you'll see grafitti and trash everywhere there
>>
>>1172309

I'm optimistic for space tourism by the time I'm old. I'm only 23 now and I can realistically hope to live another ~70 years. It's not THAT crazy to think I might be able to go to the moon before I die, or at least orbit the earth a couple times.
>>
>>1172313
>o-oh...
>goes back to browsing 4chan
>>
>>1172309
North Korea, but the countryside. I want to see the real North Korea. Hyesan would be a good place.
Pyongyang is mere propaganda.
>>
>>1172384
>http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2016/01/251577.htm

I'm Canadian so I don't need a visa waiver, so I guess im good to go to Iran and the US
>>
>>1172987
Oh it will definitely become a thing. But you won't be able to afford it unless you want to spend your whole life savings
>>
File: IMG_4157.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4157.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1173013
It's nice
>>
>>1172309
As an American, the answer was "Cuba" but thankfully that era appears to be drawing to a close.

Pic related, somebody took it in Cuba.
>>
>>1172831
That sounds like a great plan. Bar Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, most of it is very doable without too much of a hassle.
Moneywise however... you're gonna need to save up a bit, obv.
There is a lot more bureaucracy too nowadays, it will be slightly more annoying to go through with a car.

But besides that, the roads and everything material are now in a much better condition, it evens things out.

But still, get the money and just go. If shit goes sideways or money gets tight, either stay wherever you are and save up for a few months or even go home to try the trip another time. Any way it goes, it will be a very emotional and unforgettable experience for you.
>>
>>1173017
Well, around that age I don't think he'd mind. I wouldn't mind spending all my money (which I would have no use of) to go to the Moon (or even futher if possible) and then come back and die in poverty.
>>
Sentinel Island.

but that would require some sort of invisibility suit, otherwise they would just kill me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WqqMpGxyFQ
>>
I want to see Mogadishu but dont want to pay thousands.
>>
>>1173642
Why?

Somalia is literally the most undeveloped country in the world. Also, unless you can blend in and look like a local (part of which involves being black) you are a big target for crime.
>>
File: 1463667786222.jpg (433KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1463667786222.jpg
433KB, 1920x1080px
The places I want to go generally are untouched reservations keeping people out exactly for the reason of maintaining them untouched. Very conflicting feelings.

Wish there was something like a vagabond permit where after passing several physical and psychological tests you'd get a document/badge letting you go wherever you wanted since you've proven that you're not going to litter or destroy anything. Hell, they could even put a GPS inside it or something to keep track of who's been where.

Pic not related but definitely a place I plan on visiting in my lifetime.
>>
File: fig01-021.jpg (1MB, 3000x2087px) Image search: [Google]
fig01-021.jpg
1MB, 3000x2087px
I would be deeply honored by a visit to Chauvet Cave, but understand exactly why I shouldn't be able to. I'd be a paranoid mess about messing anything up anyway.
>>
>>1173520
Just wear a suit of medieval armor and bring along a m249 SAW with a few belts and you'll be golden
>>
>>1172342

My grandfather went there and he is not religious.
>>
>>1172818

I went to Turkmenistan last year, I was there for a 12 days. Camping by Door to Hell is great but there were a couple of other tour groups there, you can go scorp hunting in the desert at night (none of the other people there went up into the dunes beyond other than me and my dad) and if you can, wake up just before dawn, I did and watched a bunch of birds flying over the crater to warm up, also nobody else is around that early.
There is hardly any tourists in the country though and its a really interesting place. I enjoyed up in the mountains on the border with Iran best, stayed in local guesthouses, the people are really friendly and the landscape is beautiful.
You tour guide doesnt babbysit you like in NK, once you have driven to wherever and seen the sights the guide will fuck off and you can just walk wherever.
>>
>>1172382
It's not a myth. You won't be able to travel to America with an ESTA once you visited Iran, which means that you will have to apply for a tourist visa at your local US Embassy first. See: Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015
>>
Tibet, outside of a government tour.

Bhutan, due to costs.

Somalia, due to not wanting to die.

>>1173761
Good shout.
>>
stairway to heaven hike on o'ahu hawaii.

heard you would get arrested for this amazing hike that I can only watch on youtube

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku_Stairs
>>
>>1172309
Since it is actualy not difficult (maybe for US citizens ? i don't even know) get your asses to fucking Iran while there are close to no tourists. I had a wonderful trip in May. Never have i seen a country so preserved from tourism, enjoy it while you can. I used a tour operator specialized in treks instead of simply going there and making shit up as I go, as I usualy do, but I don't regret it the slightest.
>>
>>1174028
As mentioned above, visiting Iran means you can pretty much say goodbye to visiting US.
>>
Libya looks so authentic
>>
>>1174053
>As mentioned above, visiting Iran means you can pretty much say goodbye to visiting US.

Does it, or does it just mean you have to apply for a visa instead of coming in through VWP?
>>
>>1174246
Applying for a US visa means you need to visit a US embassy for an interview. And they can reject you for any reason you want.

>You went to Iran? Rejected, you fucking goy... er, terrorist.
>>
>>1174248
Also the process is rather different. With VWP/ESTA all you need in practice is proof that you have a return ticket. If you apply for a tourist visa, the law requires that you are assumed by default that you want to immigrate and you must prove the contrary before a visa can be issued. Big difference.
>>
>>1174250
I know people who have been rejected for a US tourist visa for "not having strong ties to (country)". So apparently having a job and family in a country isn't strong enough ties and you're still considered a flight risk.
>>
Would love to go on the trans siberian express, end up in the east and then go on a cruise on one of russia's nuclear icebreakers to the north pole.

The trans siberian express part would be pretty cheap but I'm afraid I'd be assaulted by drunk slavs and chinese people, and the icebreaker thing costs like 12k.
>>
>>1172800
Kwajalein is a depressing shithole filled with third world Marshallese, and bored contractor housewives who do nothing but start shit.

Trust me, it's not worth it.
>>
File: Restricted-Areas-Map.jpg (539KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Restricted-Areas-Map.jpg
539KB, 800x1080px
>>1172903
>>
>>1174028
What treks did you do? Going there next spring
>>
>>1174053
You can just get a new passport after travelling to Iran.
>>
>>1172372
Dunno where you heard this but it's false
However you cannot visit Iran if you've been to "Occupied Palestine" (Israel)
I've wanted to go to Iran for so long but as an American I can only visit under supervision, which i think would be a waste. Relations between our countries are improving though so I'm hoping that someday we will reopen our embassy and that rule will change.
Second place I'd love to visit is Bhutan, but the government charges tourists 10k/day which pushes it out of my price range pretty quickly.
>>
>>1174507
Won't they be able to check flight records and stuff, though?
>>
>>1174518
It's been pointed out to you it's true. You're an American citizen though so it doesn't affect you.

>Bhutan
>10k/day

It's 250 dollars a day. Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>1174518
Jesus 10K a day for Bhutan? I knew they wanted to keep outside influences to a minimum but I had no idea it was to that extent.
>>
I have a couple questions now.
I'm a Mexican citizen with my permanent residency in the US.

1. If I visit Iran will that be enough reason for me to get denied US citizenship ?

2. Since I'm not a US citizen would I still have to take a supervised tour while in Iran ?
>>
>>1173680
Thats why it will cost me thousands i have to hire armed personal to chill with me.
>>
>>1174526
A border control officer surely doesn't have access to databases of many dozens airlines that fly to Iran (all of which are not even remotely based in the US). Even if they get it by some CIA magic, they won't have proof it was you: it'll just say that some Juan Gonzalez from Spain or some Thomas Schmidt from Germany was on the plane. Even if the airline collects passport numbers (most don't), the number will be different.
So unless you admit it yourself, they won't know.
>>
>>1172372
>>1172384
>>1174518
lmao just get a new passport?
>>
I'd like to travel on my own to Tibet. Currently foreigners can only go to Tibet accompanied by a tour guide from a licensed travel agency and I don't want to be forced to travel that way out of principle. Not to mention the cost of booking a tour.
>>
>>1172309
I have always wished to buy a house and stay in said house when I'm on vacation in one of the semi luxurious Israeli settlements in occupied Palestine as the houses look amazingly comfy but sadly I'm not Jewish and I am a US citizen so I can't own property there
>>
>>1174765
Can I even visit those "illegal" settlements
>>
>>1174768
IIRC there's usually not any public transport there (because they're not supposed to be there), but yeah, you can walk around (1-2)500-people villages consisting entirely of drab pre-fab houses without stones being thrown at you, yes.

Why you would, though, is a different question.
>>
>>1174417

Have you been there? My travels often take me to depressing shitholes, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it. I cannot imagine it being any worse than say Port Moresby or Honiara.
>>
>>1172309
Mecca

Mars

Iraq

Rattlesnake Island
>>
>>1174795
There is public transport. I remember when I took the bus from the Jewish part of Hebron back to Jerusalem, it went into several fenced-off settlements along the way. The roads in the West Bank are pretty much controlled by Israel.
>>
>>1172897
How is it expensive to get there?
>>
>>1172309
Break into celebrities houses and swim in their pool, take a few good snaps... hopefully the back door is open so I can grab a cold one.

I would start with Justin Bieber's place, then move on the the entire Kardashian clan.... oh what a life that would be.
>>
>>1172309
I've always wanted to visit the mighty brown snake
>>
>>1172310
>secretly used
>secretly
>google
>>
File: balls_pyramid.jpg (54KB, 888x666px) Image search: [Google]
balls_pyramid.jpg
54KB, 888x666px
Ball's Pyramid

Rises straight out of the ocean near New Zealand. Entry restricted because some INSECT lives there, I am beyond mad.
>>
>>1174585
It's 250 a day. That guy was talking out of his ass.
>>
File: Elon.gif (320KB, 287x713px) Image search: [Google]
Elon.gif
320KB, 287x713px
>>1172339
>>
>>1172309
Antarctica
>>
>>1175361
Apparently the only condition for entry is to apply directly to the NSW minister. Aint no thang.
>>
>>1172379

I sell centrifuges, helium leak detectors and uraniun enrichment equipment
>>
>>1172810

There are a lot of polish people here. wtf?
>>
>>1175361

We have a small one in socal, morro rock.

It doesn't look like much, but you can walk out near it at low tide
>>
>>1172373
You can do it. I have. Write to the Vatican Excavations Office (they're online) and give the dates you'll be in Rome and what language you want the guide to speak. They'll let you know the day and time, you buy the entrance ticket, and you'll see the Constantine's basilica foundation, an Egyption themed burial, lots of pagan stuff, an early mosaic of Jesus, and The Trophy of Gaius with they assume to be St Peter's remains. You come out in that chapel where bishops get their paliums, directly under the altar. Totally worth it too.
>>
>>1175831
Propane and propane accessories.
>>
>>1174959
It doesn't look like there are any roads.
>>
File: suicide-forest-japan-times.jpg (374KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
suicide-forest-japan-times.jpg
374KB, 1600x900px
wouldn't mind taking a long walk here
>>
I'd love to explore the DMZ between Korea's. It's full of endangered species and is supposed to be a beautiful landscape that also happens to be full to the brim of unexploded mines.
>>
File: 2s8r054.jpg (35KB, 770x513px) Image search: [Google]
2s8r054.jpg
35KB, 770x513px
>>1172309
A friend of mine in college was studying ornithology, because of reasons, and got all excited when he came across some species of warbler or some damn thing about which very little was known. It was endemic to Hawaii, so he had planned out his future career living in a tropical paradise and studying this largely-unknown sparrow or whatever it was.

Turns out this idiot bird lives only in an area that was (maybe still is, who knows?) a leper colony.
>>
>>1175361
>Entry restricted because some INSECT lives there, I am beyond mad.
As a biologist, I must say: fuck you
>>
>>1175882

Ok, Hank Hill, but why do I get a travel ban to Iran? That leaves only North Korea as a potential client.
>>
>>1175908
That relates nothing to cost. A hobo could get there. Any restrictions?
>>
>>1175361
tbqh this is kind of spoiled child tier. It doesn't even look fun, just seeing this photo is enough.

Don't get me wrong, no offense because it looks majestic but just saying, its not even a fun hike, I would rather preserve the insect.
>>
>>1175361
"Restricted entry" are only words, go live on your wizard rock and feed your legendary bugs.

>>1176117
>>1177057
Oh just shut the fuck up.
>>
File: IMG_7327.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7327.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1175938
>>
File: tmp_8979-stalker-logo1634695435.jpg (232KB, 1024x389px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8979-stalker-logo1634695435.jpg
232KB, 1024x389px
Chernobyl
>>
>>1177149
>Fuck nature lmoa thug life

fuck off commie
>>
>>1175361
It's closer to Aus than NZ.
And restricted entry is for a reason, so retards like you don't cause endemic species to go extinct.
I imagine you're the kind of person who would think it's cool to buy rhino horns in Asia.
>>
>>1175927
you're so edgy you could commit seppuku with it
>>
>>1174502
Wait, so you can't get the train/bus from Bangkok to Yangon?
>>
>>1175361
The state could make millions leasing it out for the next 007 movie.
>>
>>1177383
Dunno about the bus but you can't get the train because there is a huge reservior where the tracks used to be
>>
>>1172309
tibet, but apparently the cchinese won't let anyone in without an all inclusive tour from a chinese only provider
no local guides
no local villages
just the capitol and a bit around it

I really want to see palestine, but a bunch of filthy jews built a wall around it and are blocking access by sea

afganistan looks like great country, but it's off limits
>>
>>1177383
You can. The map is outdated. It's now possible to travel to Myeik and Sittwe, Mrauk U overland. Myawaddy border crossing is open.
>>
>>1174507
>>1174507
>>1174507
are you really suggesting to go and straight up LIE to the federal government of the united states of america? the US is a police state, I wouldn't do that and I did travel to Iran
>>
>>1177808
There's the thing though. Say if you came in overland and left overland again. You wouldn't show up on any flight records, and I doubt the US keeps extensive tabs on all dolmuses going to the border. Then if you *poof* lost your passport with the incriminating stamps, hey.
>>
>>1172309
There is a lake on island Cres in Croatia which is forbidden because it's the only source of drinkable water. You can't bathe in it or go by motorboat. Would be awesome to be the only one to bathe in it
>>
>>1172837
been there. US navy fag here
>>
I've always fancied myself as a modern day Lawrence of Arabia and going to Syria while all this shit is going down.

I obviously realise how fucking retarded this idea is but it's something that would be cool.

>tfw not leading a revolt right now
>>
File: inter-arab conflict.gif (1MB, 500x245px) Image search: [Google]
inter-arab conflict.gif
1MB, 500x245px
>>1177879
I think we've all had that thought at one point or other
>>
File: 1410260024672.jpg (26KB, 317x265px) Image search: [Google]
1410260024672.jpg
26KB, 317x265px
>>1177845
>it's the only source of drinkable water.
>Better swim in it!

anon pls
>>
File: famagusta_2221924i_zps350ce063.jpg (67KB, 620x388px) Image search: [Google]
famagusta_2221924i_zps350ce063.jpg
67KB, 620x388px
>>1174627
>1. If I visit Iran will that be enough reason for me to get denied US citizenship ?
>2. Since I'm not a US citizen would I still have to take a supervised tour while in Iran ?

1. Don't know ask immigration services
2. Unfortunately, yes. You could be a spy working for the US Government to get citizenship.

I want to visit recently abandoned cities, where everyone had to leave in a day and left everything behind.

pic related: After the Cyprus war there came a buffer zone between North and South Cyprus, a tourist resort fell in this buffer zone and it has been abandoned since 1974
>>
>>1172818
Northern Pakistan is safe enough these days, just go with an escort so people don't rip you off. Don't know about Afg.
>>
>>1173725
Salar de Uyuni
>>
>>1172311
Fun fact: Nobody will ever be able to visit another galaxy. It's scientifically impossible.

It's even sci-fily uncommon because in Star Trek / Star Wars they never leave the Milky Way/ Generic Spiral.

Doctor Who could do it, but he usually doesn't.

BTW not a "forbidden" place technically. Going to Andromeda isn't against the law, so if you can get there they will accept Real Travelers.
>>
>>1178134
>Doctor Who could do it, but he usually doesn't.
>Doctor Who
>Implying it's "Doctor Who" and not "The Doctor"
>>
>>1178134
Why is it "scientifically impossible"? Genuinely curious
>>
>>1178181
I hate how the Doctor Who fandom has been completely ruined by obsessive spergs and irritating teenage girls, why can't you cunts just relax, shut the fuck up and watch the show instead of spreading your autism everywhere? REEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP MAKING US LOOK BAD
>>
>>1178258
Shit series anyway, not worth discussing in detail.

>T-rex walking around Victorian London, residents are only mildly curious, not shrieking about Satan bringing about the end of the world.
suuure
>>
>>1172336
>Socotra
this
>>
>>1174959

have you checked google maps? it's far from everything.
>>
>>1173725
Saw a jap movie about this place once, looks heavenly.
>>
>>1177308
You acronym using faggot, I bet you hold communist views and use it as a defense mechanism because you can't conjure up a real insult. You suck at the internet. You pretend you are so careful yet you're a waster like everyone else. I bet you use things like fuel and food fag, dissolving the worlds resources because of your greedy survival, but who cares right? Juss as long as joo get yur tummy full! Don't you waste our fucking air, all those trees you chopped down to build our cars leaves us less.
>>
I'd like too see the inside of the mystery box in Mecca.
>>
>>1172905
Just apply for a tourist Visa. It really isn't a problem.
>>
>>1180955
It's just a shitty museum. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxmRXMZEeDc
>>
>>1172312
why do dead shits still think North Korea is hard to get in to ?
>>
>>1173013
eh desu its really not that interesting try Myanmar if you want that really mystical other world feel.
>>
>>1172818
I've heard Afganistan is pretty beautiful up north but I know it's not so much in the south, I was mostly in Uruzgan and it's green around the rivers but other than that is just the barren Dasht.

Lovely Mountains though and we got to patrol through fortifications left behind by Alexander the Great
>>
>>1181215
North Korea isn't even worth mentioning. Yes I have to mention it to make a point, so let's stop here.
>>
>>1172309
ISIS controlled Syria honestly, I want to see if everything they say is true. I'm not stupid enough to do it though.

I might be stupid enough to visit North Korea though
>>
>>1174670
Yeah this, if it expires or is lost and replaced I hear you're good. You can also get a passport from another country to travel and I hear you can have them stamp a temporary passport under certain circumstances.
>>
>>1172309
its not forbidden but right now I really want to go to maine. will a rich fag help me?
>>
>>1181308
Off topic. But if you have a vagina, then maybe.
>>
>>1181311
yeah its super wet for you
>>
>>1181311
wanna kik?
>>
>>1181313
>>1181315
same guy
>>
>>1180951
>Being THIS mad
>>
Norilsk

Anyone has any tips (other than getting into mining), let me know.
>>
>>1172860
It's still irradiated.
>>
>>1181370
>Acknowledgement

Thanks for caring. I'm sure you had no choice but to waste space on the internet and time in your life just to let me know that I am, as you put it, "Being THIS mad". At least I'm not one of those other mads.
>>
>>1181292
They're doing it obviously. There is too many sources making claims as to what they're doing jackass. I would love to go to Syria to see all the old sites of antiquity. Unfortunately a lot of them have been destroyed or attacked. Luckily some places have been walled up for protection or removed to non-ISIS cities.
>>
>>1178213
The distance between the Milky Way and its nearest neighbor is about 2.5 million lightyears. The only way to make such a distance even a possibility would be to travel faster than light.
>>
>>1182681
How is it impossible without ludicrous speed? You could do it at light speed, it'd just take 2.5 million years. If my body can hang I got the time to wait.
>>
>>1183144
cryofreezing would sound fun too
>>
>>1173834
Wouldn't it be fun to responsible for offing a whole culture?
>>
>>1177346
Or push over standing rocks in SW USA
>>
File: Spurdo.png (2MB, 4096x2996px) Image search: [Google]
Spurdo.png
2MB, 4096x2996px
>>1183723
Fuck their "culture" of throwing shit and killing all outsiders. I'd hate to kill, but when those people are killing others, it's not worth keeping the problem around. It's not like they're trying to learn about us or even fear us, they just fucking kill things. Fuck that shit, bomb their island, tear that shit down and turn it into a parking lot.
>>
>>1174022
I was about to post this
>>
>>1172445
Kek
>>
Wakhan Corridor, Afghanistan
Norilsk, Russia; Amur Peninsula; Kamchatka
Papua New Guinea
Tibet
Yemen
>>
>>1186354
If you end up planning a trip to Norilsk, please start a thread here.
>>
>>1186354
In the very least PNG, Tibet and the Wakhan are visitable.
Not easy, but definitely doable and no less safe than most "out-there" places.
Yemen has got to be impossible right now for sure though.
>>
>>1173520
>This video has been removed by the User

What was it?
>>
>>1172818
Myanmar is piss easy.
10 Years ago it was much harder. They'd force you to buy over priced kyat at the airport, only to see as soon as you exited that every single street vendor in the country does money exchange for 100th the government imposed cost.

Also government owned airlines were expensive and a lot of restricted areas.
>>
>>1175361
Fuck off its full
>>
>>1186354
Australian surfer here.

PNG is real gnarly.
Its not just the culture of the people there thats dangerous but the nature itself and no infrastructure. I contracted malaria there in a village 12 hours drive from Port Moresby. Nearly died.
The other than is the complete lack of infrastructure. There's a handful of mining roads that get you around about a third of the country if that. So much is just utterly inaccessible especially the highlands. Surfing mate of mine is a doctor working in the highlands. About once a month or so, the entire home he lives in has to go full lock down as villagers outside literally chop each other apart. Sometimes from the same village sometimes from neighbouring villages.
His biggest fear is someone setting his house alight while he is locked inside.

Like I said its a pretty wild place.
>>
>>1172309
Area 51 to see what ayy lmao really look like.
>>
>>1186834
What are the waves like? Any cool stories?
>>
>>1187056
>>1187052

Added.
>>
>>1186919
The surf is unbelievable. Seriously. Better breaks than Indonesia.

The only story I have is an Australian company ran a surf event in PNG a few years ago, and the locals came in with home made guns and robbed every single person there of cash and valuables. They held the event organisers for 2 days in a shack demanding all their money before letting them go. First and last major surf event to be held in the country.
>>
>>1186919
Oh and there's this strange reefs that look like armoured coral that spew out carbon dioxide from underground vents, it's a strange alien like experience to dive.

PNG is really beautiful but so raw and dangerous. Gnarly.
>>
>>1186538
Except you can't go there if you're not working for the company extracting palladium from the surrounding area, because muh industrial secrets
>>
>>1172309
富士山だ?
>>
>>1187542
I know, that's the point of the thread, right? I have a good friend in the mining industry with many friends in Russia, either going to pull strings via him... Or wait a few more years. It wasn't this restricted up until a few years ago, so maybe they're relaxing the restrictions again in another few years.
>>
>>1187065
Shit man, that sounds fucking amazing. Would love to visit sometime. A guy I met in J Bay had spent a lot of time there and said it was beautiful
>>
>>1173520
60k years and they haven't teched past bows and arrows
unless they're eons ahead of everyone else and hiding it...
>>
Mecca

I won't even bother pretending to be a Muslim though.
>>
>>1174022
I've done it, the guard is pretty easy to get around
>>
>>1175836
morro bay =/= socal
>>
>>1189046
san luis down is socal
>>
>>1175361
Just fly by it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqQrWWpcT0I
>>
I would like to freely travel around Bhutan. Right now they only allow guided visits for a couple thou which sucms
>>
>>1190762
What would you do if you traveled there freely? It's not like you would see anything secret or hidden that foreigners aren't allowed to see.
>>
>>1172312
How is S. Korea?
Im planning on moving there for a year.
Its for a job.
How are the women? How is the culture?
>>
I think going to the bottom of some of the deepest ocean trenches would be a life changing and incredibly unique experience.
>>
bump, good thread
>>
>>1180955

I'd rather see inside that Ethiopian church that claims they have the ark of the covenant
>>
>>1183951
When you step on their island you're violating the NAP
>>
>>1172309
I want to be able to drive to Argentina
>>
>>1173857
did you walk to turkmenistan? i heard people say you can't.
>>
>>1187628
sure niglor. Mt Fuji is right on the water. everyone knows that.
>>
>>1173857
Isn't getting a visa to go there difficult?
>>
>>1178134
>>1182681
>he doesn't know about effective immortality
>he believes the stupid "nothing goes faster than light" bullshit
On any star that moves towards us, the light is already traveling faster than light. It doesn't slow down to compensate for the stars speed. Also, if blacks holes can have a force that overpowers the speed of light, than it follows logic that an equal force could also overtake the speed of light. Would it use an absolute fuck ton of energy? Yes, but it is possible, and what is possible can and probably will happen.

The Doctor went to other galaxies all the time, he just goes to earth a lot because they have to make it scary for Londoners.
>>
>>1181924
you are why I like /trv/. It reminds me of why 4chan is great. People airing out anonymous thoughts that they can't exactly air otherwise, but without spouting out memes incessantly. Also I like to travel
>>
File: cucumber you are so craxy.jpg (101KB, 412x392px) Image search: [Google]
cucumber you are so craxy.jpg
101KB, 412x392px
>>1194012
This. From Canada to South America. I could ask for access across the panama canal, but that's alot of days and money.

I am road tripping to Texas from Maine in early January - I'm starting grad school in Mid January next to the Rio Grande.

>>1176090
>leper colony.
I heard there are a few in Asia still, like India/Bangladesh area.

>>1173141
Honestly, Cuba is so close and warm, I bet tickets will be cheap after a couple of years.
>>
>>1172819
I was there a couple of years ago. Lodging was pretty cheap, generally $6-15/night in guesthouses.
>>
>>1174502
Not necessarily true. More regions have opened up in the last couple of years. I passed through the southern peninsula in a train in 2014.

>>1177383
Not sure, but you can do a combination of bus, boat, and train. Bangkok -> Kawthoung -> Dawei -> Yangon
>>
>>1194684
if you're interested, read about redshift and blueshift. The light isn't 'travelling faster than light', that's just flat out wrong. The light that travels is just more compressed, or less compressed, making it blue or red, respectively. At a certain distance things are moving faster than light farther away from us in our reference frame, but that's beyond the known universe where the relative expansion of space time exceeds the speed of light. But the cosmic speed limit isn't exceeded, it's an illusion based off an overly simple understanding of what spacetime is.
>>
>>1178134
this is genuine stupidity at it's best.
stating its impossible just because its not discovered yet and it will not in our lifetime but almost certain in the future
>>
>>1174504
me too
Thread posts: 205
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.