[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tripadvisor unfair for business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown.png (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.png
5KB, 225x225px
Probably everyone knows tripadvisor this days.

I have nothing against their service at all and i use it private myself.
What i want to talk about is the fact that it is not acting fair towards the business which is listed.

Following points are in my eyes almost illegal and i think tripadvisor should take more care about this issues:

1. A business can not decide themself if they want to be listed on tripadvisor. Everyone can put a review online and at the same time the business itself.

2. If a customer writes a review but he never stayed or used any service of the business, the business itself has to prove that this customer has never been offered any service which is most of the time almost impossible.
Because of this it is easy for competitor to harm your business and for the business it is impossible to prove it is a competitor.

3. Many people now a days write bad reviews cause they know they might get some money back from the one which provided the service in exchange to take the review offline.

I ask myself why does tripadvisor does not ask the reviewer for a proof like a invoice or a booking confirmation?

What are you thinking about the way tripadvisor treats businesses?
Most businesses pay for the service to edit their profile but don't get any other benefits from it.

Any ideas how to get tripadvisr to rethink their rules? ;-)
>>
We get it, OP. You got a bad review and now you're butthurt about it. Suck it up and move on.
>>
>>1172177
Maybe you should fire the staff member responsible for giving horrible service so you don't lose business.
>>
>>1172177
wtf I hate tripadvisor now
>>
It is not about bad reviews at all which are reasonable.
If someone gives bad service off course it is good if someone reviews that, what i want to tell is that with this rules it is so easy for competitors to harm your business.
How are you able then to proof that it was not a real customer?

By the way i have no business online at all so stop telling me i should live with it! ;-)
>>
>>1172177
Sounds like an extortion racket to me. All those review sites are bullshit if they don't at least ask for proof that someone's actually been there, and preferably proof of what the person is complaining about.

I honestly can't believe that they aren't at least legally obliged to ask for a receipt or something.
>>
I was reading reviews for biking tours when one dude giving a bad review got accused of serial intimidation by the owner of the business. They posted his email conversation where he asked one of the guides to come to his room. Strange but funny
>>
we could get them to rethink their rules by spam them with random fake reviews. if that happens over and over again so that many businesses complain about they are forced to get the proof from the reviewer. :-)
>>
>>1173801
>>1173829
Oh OP, you so crazy!
>>
>>1173825
These are my favorite.
I love when companies call out people who gave them bad reviews.

I started going to a barber because he replied to a bad yelp review something along the lines of that he was whiney bitch that cried about his feelings and if he doesn't want to see playboys in the barber than go to a salon.

I wish more businesses did stuff like this. It adds personality to the company.

if the company said "I think you have the wrong company, you never used our product" or "lying about our company on trip advisor will not get you free products" i would probably disregard the review.
>>
>>1174007
99% of the time its a bad business that deserves to go under that has survived simply because nobody knew in aggregate they were bad, even if sometimes they were good. Good business owners aren't rude unless its a complete lie
>>
Most of these issues aren't unique to tripadvisor, they affect any review system that allows people to post reviews without any proof of the visit. Even for sites that have that requirement of course reviews aren't a perfect system. Review sites are more of a general guide, good reviews don't necessarily indicate really good quality but if a place has a lot of bad reviews it's usually a good sign to avoid.

You are right though. What you've flagged isn't necessarily an issue for established businesses because shill reviews (good or bad) will be balanced out by the large number of legit reviews. However in the case of a new or niche business with only a handful of reviews, it might only take 2-3 bad reviews from a competitor to move the average from 4+ stars down to 2, and once a business reaches that point it's pretty much game over.

Also there is a bit of a Lonely Planet effect with tripadvisor, in that the top 10 or so places will end up overpriced because they know they can trade on their reputation.
>>
>>1174030
This has to do with the community from which these reviews are coming from.

Every sex tourism location I have enjoyed, I researched thoroughly. I have never been steered wrong by any of the online reviews and advice.
>>
who gives a shit about tripadvisor? everybody knows the reviews are worth nothing, every tripadvisor top rated place i've tried was mediocre tourist shit.
>>
>>1174007
UPDATE:

just got into the office and found the yelp reply. its better than i remember

part one:

8/22/2015 My first response was an apology but now after I have spoken with my barber who by the way was only a fill in for one of my barbers that is long overdue for a vacation, and also spoke to my manager, it is evident that you are just a squirmy cry baby that behaved like a child in the chair who can not keep there head straight because you want to watch the tv. He asked you to stop moving then you asked him "why? are you in a rush?" No we are not in a rush but when there is a line out a door my employees move at a pace that gets the job done quickly and efficiently. Hence the line out the door every single day because we are the best in the business. Are you that childish that you would actually think a barber has an evil master mind plan to make you itchy for the day? C'mon man grow up. The analogy of a waiter spitting in your food to getting a haircut is ridiculous and makes no sense and nor would you tip a waiter that spit in your food. Should we apologize because you don't know how to get a haircut? should we apologize because you have excessive back hair that my barber was clearly trying to clean up for you so you don't look like a character from planet of the apes? Also none is on meth and shame on you for insinuating that. The best part is you like the haircut!! lol.
>>
>>1174134
part 2

You insist how much you love the other barbers and the shop but instead of talking to the manager who would of gladly rectified the situation you cowardly tip this man who you claim sucks but still gives a good haircut (that makes sense) and then you go home on your fake named yelp account and cowardly write stuff you would never say to someones face.Hurting not only the business but the reputation and lively hood of the other barbers that you like so much because of one experience from a fill in? You work in the service industry? I don't think so. You are probably the kind of guy that spits in peoples food thats where you got that idea. There is a reason there is only one review like this on here, because your a complete moron with excessive back hair. Thank god you are going to look for another barber shop in beacon hill even though we are the only one. We have just reviewed you as a customer. And the result is "you suck". You are not welcome in my shop. Thanks again for your business. Tell all your friends we are open mon-fri. come by any time. What a pathetic cowardly loser. Sorry only cool people aloud in my shop. You are a clown. We all know who exactly who you are so no need to try and step foot in the place again. Thank you for the tip btw. Read less
>>
>>1172177
Blood sucking leach of a company
>>
>>1172177
works both ways.
I once had cash stolen from my hotel room, and try to write that in a review. Trip advisor wouldn't accept that. Agora where I booked wouldn't accept that. In fact, I couldn't have the review published anywhere. Yet, I did have money stolen from my room in that hotel, I think this is precisely the kind of thing prospective custromers would like to and need to know, much more so than "the breakfast was bland but the receptionist was all smiles".
>>
I write on Tripadvisor myself, unless you come up with a better site that's popular enough to get that amount of reviews I'll stick with TA
>>
>>1174136
>>1174134
topkek

mind to share the customers review as well?
>>
>>1177323
>I write on Tripadvisor myself, unless you come up with a better site that's popular enough to get that amount of reviews I'll stick with TA
This. I write for them too, as a service to fellow travelers, but really cause if I like something I want them to do well in the business world. I have a few reviews that put in my authorship into the top 5% of reviewers (leet status, lol).

One of the reviews is for a 4star, top 50 hotels in the world where I signed a several paragraph waiver upon check-in that I would not take pictures nor write a review under penalty of legal retribution. Thank goodness TA is as anonymous as you really want it to be. After signing this, the mystery stuck with me...wondered if it was for the protection of celebrity guests that might be there at the same time...dunno...I later googled why the heck they cared that much, and I found out a very sordid history the owners had with former properties and a damn internet troll of bad reviews. After having the absolute time of my life on their property, I went ahead and wrote an outstanding review, and 2500 have read it....might have something to do with everyone else scared to review the place from that waiver signed.

What I like about TA when I am looking for a hotel somewhere new, I really like the guest photos to peer at that mattress quality with a critical eye. You can find out the lesser of two evils that way. There may be some very interesting tip. When I see horrific reviews, I'm not an idiot. The owner/manager will have replied or said something back, which actually annoys me, but if their tone was vengeful or not very sincere, yup, I'll ignore the place. If there is no reply at all, I actually think more highly of the property and wonder why someone bothered to slam them without going through the proper channels. But, I have some brains, and a critical eye. You can't complain about construction in the area anymore, once the construction is already over, for instance.
>>
>>1174136
>Sorry only cool people aloud in my shop.
>aloud
Would not visit
>>
>>1176006
>works both ways.
>I once had cash stolen from my hotel room, and try to write that in a review
See I think of that as a temporary problem needing a change of employee/management.
Did you call the police when you got no where at the front desk? Did you call their corporate number? Did you ask to question the staff who serviced your room that day? Had you used the hotel safe? Safe in your room? Or had it unattended where a guest down the hall could have entered your room? Theft is a police matter, too. When you make accusations but didn't go through the proper channels, then you look like you're the scammer.
But, granted, they should be allowed to do an investigation, fire the offending people or have them arrested, but not be blacklisted forever online. Your review has more to do with a temporary issue, than the location of the property being inconvenient, or the windows being single, not double, and has a lot of traffic noise, or the nightclub thumps the floor beneath your room, etc.
>>
>>1177336
Lack of security isn't necessarily a temporary issue
>>
>>1177337
When it's a not supposed to be an economical property, a flagship historical 4star kind of city hotel, or a business hotel...what exactly happened? Did someone go into your safe? Did someone come up a stairwell and rob you in the hall or attempt rape?
Someone pilfering in your unlocked belongings is indeed a temporary issue in a chain hotel. If's the equivalent of United breaking guitars, or American airlines cargo in LGA going into luggage. It's not a company problem that isn't anything but one mishandled employee or supervisor, to be fixed eventually. When it's corporate policy not to have safes in the room, or at the desk, talk about that aspect, not the theft.
>>
>>1174062
This is a major flaw I dislike about trip advisor. given its an English language website it is entirely useless overseas because you just get recommendations for all the standard tourist shit that English speaking holiday makers got sucked into before you.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.