[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nepal Mission Trips

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4814.jpg (63KB, 470x351px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4814.jpg
63KB, 470x351px
I am looking for an affordable mission trip to Nepal for the summer of 2017 (any length).

Does anyone have any experience with mission trips in Asia or Nepal? When I mean "affordable" I mean $2000 - $3000
>>
Im planning to go by free and see how i develp there. Any advice?
>>
>>1171999
I suggest you to be extremely careful if you are doing missionary stuff. Some group of people have become extremely hostile.Some radical hindu group even encourages locals to be hostile towards missionaries. Seen some facebook videos of villagers humiliating missionaries but if you are coming as tourist you shouldnt have such trouble.
>>
I was in Nepal this summer. Just letting you know that it's the rain season in the summer months and it's gonna rain every day.
>>
>>1173387
>rain every day.

All day every day, or maybe once a day for a half hour, or what?

I ask because I was in Cambodia during the rainy season last year, and was really worried about the time being rained out, but in the event it was the "It will rain somewhere near you every day, on you some days, once or twice it might be a real downpour."
>>
Nepal and South Asia are extremely affordable.
You honestly shouldn't be spending over 20$ a day. I'd say transport is the most troublesome aspect of traveling in this part of the world, as gas can be expensive and so taxis aren't as affordable as food or board. Public transport is a mess, but the tourist buses in Nepal are fantastic, just be ready for 6-9 hour rides if you're leaving the Kathmandu valley.
>>
>>1173893
The southermost parts of Nepal are extremely rainy during summer. Northermost part is on the other side of the peaks, doesn't get any and is very arid. I'm in love with Mustang. I always had a thing for those arid central asia landscapes. Next year i plan to go either in Kyrgystan, Tajikistan or Western Xinjiang. Probably Xinjiang as i have a very good chinese friend who might be interested in a long trip to visit some remote part of her native country. But i digress.

>>1173926
Gas can be expensive, if it is available, which was not always a given last year. It seems situation improved as India stopped actively blocking deliveries from what i gathered.

As for tourist buses, yeah, i took one from Kathmandu last year got stuck on some shitty road for some time due to a landslide, driver went to the other side, found another bus, exchanged passengers and luggages and everyone went on their way.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.