[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is 10 nights enough for Burma? I am most interested in seeing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: bagan.jpg (1MB, 3000x2100px) Image search: [Google]
bagan.jpg
1MB, 3000x2100px
Is 10 nights enough for Burma? I am most interested in seeing

>Bagan
>Mrauk U
>Yangon

In that order, I would like to visit more remote places, but 10 nights is all I have.
>>
>>1171204
Yes I think so. Bagan was the only thing that really blew me away.
>>
Its vastly overrated IMO
>>
>>1171409
How? It is probably the least spoiled of all SEA countries.
>>
>>1171582
Not him, I enjoyed my time in Myanmar and don't regret going there, it's just less exciting than other countries in the region. Unless you have a specific interest in Buddhist culture you might find most of the pagodas/stupas start to look the same. The food can be quite good but isn't as exciting or varied as it is in any of the nearby countries. There is very little nightlife to speak of. The good nature spots are quite hard to access. The people are friendly and chill but quite shy (probably combination of cultural factors and fear of getting in trouble).
>>
>>1171599
Would you say its worth going to over Hanoi and Luang Prabang?

That it basically the two trips I am planning between.
>>
>>1171603
Hanoi has more to offer from a cultural perspective, but it's not that interesting unless you like Vietnamese food. It's more of a base to visit better parts of the north like Sapa and Halong Bay. Touts in Vietnam are omnipresent so if you are looking for an 'authentic' experience that could turn you off. Most SE Asian cities are boring and unaesthetic, the best places are in the countryside.

The main appeal of Myanmar is its Buddhist sites and its status as an undiscovered locale which hasn't been completely stripped of character in order to appease fat middle aged tourists and degenerate backpackers. But if you are just looking for the place with the best sights, best food or most fun to be had, I wouldn't make it a first choice.

I haven't been to Laos so I can't comment on that.
>>
File: IMG_1200.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1200.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
I enjoyed Myanmar a lot more than Laos.
I liked Yangon, Bagan was nice but a bit too touristic (less than Luang Prabang), Mrauk U Sounded nice but I didn't have the time.
>>
There's plenty of other interesting places to visit, but not a lot of tourist infrastructure, though this changes every year. Sagaing, Monywa & Inle lake to name a few, and that's just the north of the country. Down south has plenty of places worth a look - Mawlamyine, Dawei, Myeik & Kawthaung will get you out to the marine park. I really wanted to get up near the indian border in the far NW and go down the river, alas one faction or another was busy waging war on the government.
>>
>>1171719
>touristic

If I had a dollar for every time a foreigner said this non-word. Touristy is the English if you're interested.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.